Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Just as I thought. You were called out spoofing, and you try to bluff it out.

Quote: Stop moaning ffs
    You can’t bypass immigration to get into the country.

Of course you can. Are you aware how easy it is to go from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland? Are all border crossings manned by immigration control? FFS.

We don’t have a border with Northern Ireland currently. You’d know that I’d tiu lived here.
    There are no border controls between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland

You’re obviously a little bit removed from reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Kivaro wrote: »
    Now it all makes sense. I thought I sensed Sinn Fein anti-Irish vitriol with the various "Drunk white Irish sh!theads" and "infested" comments. The connection is definitely confirmed when Mr. Sinn Fein shows up and tries to de-rail the thread with his "brown fellas" and "homo" comments. This is the hallmark of their contributions on threads when they have nothing valid to add in these types of discussions..

When The bots haven’t been programmed right and your post is a fvckin hysterically funny monty python bull**** mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

We don’t have a border with Northern Ireland currently. You’d know that I’d tiu lived here.
    There are no border controls between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland

You’re obviously a little bit removed from reality.

Exhibit A:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110567934

Stop spoofing ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nonsense. 2015: 1m+ enter the EU (thanks to Merkel's open door invite), one year later 2016 the UK chooses to leave the EU.

Bring back those goal posts lad.

How do the vast majority of Non Eu nationals enter Britain?

Legally. Britain have and always had control of there borders in that respect.

Britain will have to rely more on Non EU nationals after Brexit.

But But But, Boris will only let in the Best and Brightest.

Yeah Bozo might not even be an MP in 6 months let alone PM.

Britain were sold an absolute pup, the reality is if they ever leave it will be getting "Browner".

But sure don't take my word for it.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/461

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Boggles wrote: »
    Sorry but would a waste of copy n' paste to repeat quote your gibberish.

The simple point made, was that a year after the mass-migration of 1m+ (undocumented) entered the EU, and made their way NW, the UK's electorate choose to leave. Soon after Sweden's PM got the sack, Merkel is/has gone, Italy has an anti-(mass)migration leader, Denmark has forced integtration (an so on...).

There's a good chance if Merkel hadn't have made the open door offer, then brexit would no longer exist i.e. a few percent would never have voted for it and thus remain would have won.

The UK has always had steady and 'reasonable' migration, from India etc, but in recent years it's been uninvited 'mass-migration'. Even the Irish have been overtaken there, in just a few short years, by a country that Britian shares no commonality with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sorry but would a waste of copy n' paste to repeat quote your gibberish.

The simple point made, was that a year after the mass-migration of 1m+ (undocumented) entered the EU, and made their way NW, the UK's electorate choose to leave. Soon after Sweden's PM got the sack, Merkel is/has gone, Italy has an anti-(mass)migration leader, Denmark has forced integtration (an so on...).

There's a good chance if Merkel hadn't have made the open door offer, then brexit would no longer exist i.e. a few percent would never have voted for it and thus remain would have won.

The UK has always had steady and 'reasonable' migration, from India etc, but in recent years it's been uninvited 'mass-migration'. Even the Irish have been overtaken there, in just a few short years, by a country that Britian shares no commonality with.

It was part of the Empire for centuries.......

Odhinn wrote: »
    It was part of the Empire for centuries.......
    Maybe read it again (slowly with glasses on):

I said the uk had 'reasonable and steady migration from places like India. Which is fine and dandy.

Reasonable isn't the same as 'mass-migration' - i.e. That from sub-sahara africa and the middle east (into the EU 2015) that the uk has little affinity with.

...And the country that overtaken the Irish (their neighbour) in the uk, isn't India is it. It's a country not of their empire, language or culture. And it replaced the Irish position in a handful of years.

I said the uk had 'reasonable and steady migration from places like India. Which is fine and dandy.

Reasonable isn't the same as 'mass-migration' - i.e. That from sub-sahara africa and the middle east (into the EU 2015) that the uk has little affinity with.

...And the country that overtaken the Irish (their neighbour) in the uk, isn't India is it. It's a country not of their empire, language or culture. And it replaced the Irish position in a handful of years.

....which is?

....which is?
    You mean you don't know?
    Sure Thought you knew everything...

Clue: It borders the Ukraine.

You mean you don't know?

Poland? The sense throughout the brexit campaign was a sentiment against bangladeshis and pakistanis rather than poles.

• Advertisement

Poland? The sense throughout the brexit campaign was a sentiment against bangladeshis and pakistanis rather than poles.
    Wrong again, not Poland.
    Try again.

Btw you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone with a single bad word to say about the Polish, who generally make every possible effort to integrate. They've also had fiarly close ties to the UK since WW2. A great bunch of lads.

Wrong again, not Poland.
    Try again.

Btw you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone with a single bad word to say about the Polish, who generally make every possible effort to integrate. They've also had fiarly close ties to the UK since WW2. A great bunch of lads.

Is this the failure to distinguish Roma from Romanians?

Is this the failure to distinguish Roma from Romanians?
    A slightly ignorant slur you've made upon a nation of people.

The example was purely to demonstate mass migration, and importantly it's rate.
    PnxnHvg.png

However stats do show the EU-2 are less successful at integration and less so in level of skilled occupation takeup, compared to others from the EU.

Yes there is a seperate issue with 'Roma' but let's paint everyone with the same brush. Again the example is simply to show the speed and volume of a country at the far reach of SE Europe that has very little affinity with Britain.

Poland increased, but they joined way back in 2004, and much of this is natural expansion and on the back of successful integration. One curiousity is +300,000 from Italy, are these Italians, or those identifying as Italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

You mean you don't know?

What is mass migration in your view ? EU free movement is not mass migration in mine. In table 3 if you look at country of origin, Poland/India/Pakistan, ROI were still ahead or Romanians in 2016.

While in 2014 UK raised the restrictions for free movement for A2, imo in 2016 there is a small increase of A2 residents in UK, but I do think this is smaller compared to A8 numbers similar period. So if anyone suggests Brexit is caused by EU free movement from A2, I'd actually think seeds were planted with A8 (there were no restrictions imposed in 2004) - http://theconversation.com/the-huge-political-cost-of-blairs-decision-to-allow-eastern-european-migrants-unfettered-access-to-britain-66077

Anyhows - thinking quotas (based on country of origin, coupled with the overall non-nationals integration status ...) may improve the outcome for here, with the goal to prioritize potential staff (skilled & reasonably healthy) for real jobs - and best effort for the rest (based on how full the government's bucket is).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ive had a lot of incidents through my college years on mdma, never once was there a temptation to run down a road after women and masturbate over them, not even vaugely close. But then again the belief system I was raised with actually sees women as human beings so..... different strokes (pun intended)

That certainly explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The majority of illegal or irregular migrants in the UK were invited, they entered perfectly legally under the UK's immigration system.

It has the sum of fúck all to do with the EU.

Maybe they need to write that on the side of the bus.

Interestingly Bozo wants to give them an amnesty.

That certainly explains a lot.

What does it explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

So these huge groups of majority young men hop on their little float boats, get picked up by NGOs, get brought to Europe and get resettled across a wide variety of countries.

The burden is then on the tax payer to support their lifestyles while they get bumped to the top of free housing lists, free spending money, all the time in the world to have plenty of kids. All the while I am paying my tax, working hard to save up the necessary money to live somewhere. Somewhere where my neighbour could very well be somebody who just came here and had the house given to them.

They don't get sent home. They can endlessly appeal any rejections to their asylum claims. The vast majority of deportation orders aren't carried out. They don't go to prison unless they do something truly horrible.

What the hell is happening to Ireland? Or Western Europe in general?

Why is there absolutely no sentiment towards defending the social cohesion of our country? Why do I have to work hard and struggle so these people can come here and get everything handed to them? Just because they made it to the middle of the sea and an NGO picked them up?

If this keeps up, there's going to be a total collapse of society. It's reaching absurd numbers in the last 10 years.

It's at the point where the only explanations that actually makes sense are the ones that would be deemed as 'tin foil hat'. What is the objective here? What does Ireland, and its people, gain from having 90% young male bogus asylum seekers coming to the country?

When did we become so ****ing soft? Something has to happen, I don't think people realise how quickly this stuff will tear the country apart once it's reached the right number to do so.

Why do we just have to accept that our country is fundamentally changing to its core? In 50 years, it'll be unrecognisable. Why is that an inherently good thing that can't be questioned? I want to live in Ireland with a majority of Irish people. Does that make me so bad? I want us to have a home too. Once Ireland's fundamentally changed, we'll be gone forever.

What's happening to Ireland or western Europe in general?

The answer to that is the EU who seem to be performing some weird social engineering experiment to water down national identities and create soulless consumerist ****holes,and of course Ireland is all too quick to bend over backwards for them,and the majority of the thickos here support this organisation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

No word yet on the numbers of African migrants that Macron has decided that Ireland will get. He did dictate that the process will be be "quick" and "automatic", so Ireland will have no real say in the matter. They will be given to us and more than likely we should expect a great deal more to come with the next resettlement plan.

Wonder if the 3 Sudanese nationals found in the back of a truck in Galway on Wednesday will be part of that group. No way are they are going to be sent back to Sudan via the safe European countries that they traversed in order to get to Ireland's social welfare paradise.

Meanwhile, children with special needs in Cork are being denied access to crucial services because of two-year waiting lists for an initial assessment of their condition. But shhh, our tax-payer money needs to be spent elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Kivaro wrote:
    Wonder if the 3 Sudanese nationals found in the back of a truck in Galway on Wednesday will be part of that group. No way are they are going sent back to Sudan via the safe European countries that they traversed in order to get to Ireland's social welfare paradise

Mellow out will yea, it's Sunday, enjoy yourself

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

mvl wrote: »
    I thought Savini increased fines for the NGOs quite considerably.
    What date is that video though? Maybe an old one.

He did dictate that the process will be be "quick" and "automatic", so Ireland will have no real say in the matter.
    I don't like that word "automatic".
    Have we just agreed to become France's new dumping ground for the unwanted vagrants sleeping rough in the streets of Paris and the dunes of Calais?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

No word yet on the numbers of African migrants that Macron has decided that Ireland will get. He did dictate that the process will be be "quick" and "automatic", so Ireland will have no real say in the matter. They will be given to us and more than likely we should expect a great deal more to come with the next resettlement plan.

Wonder if the 3 Sudanese nationals found in the back of a truck in Galway on Wednesday will be part of that group. No way are they are going to be sent back to Sudan via the safe European countries that they traversed in order to get to Ireland's social welfare paradise.

Meanwhile, children with special needs in Cork are being denied access to crucial services because of two-year waiting lists for an initial assessment of their condition. But shhh, our tax-payer money needs to be spent elsewhere.

Aint no plum jobs in Europe for sorting out the kids waiting lists.

Have you an idea how many France would get ?

- appears from what Monica Frassoni (Green party) was saying, Macron can be inconsistent on migration ... even hypocritical (that was in June last year):

https://europeangreens.eu/news/france-must-also-open-its-ports-migrants

France is the third country in the EU in terms of asylum requests after Germany and, yes, Italy: 91,000 for France vs 130,000 for Italy in 2017. But, and here is one very big difference, France ranks only 26th out of 28th Member States in terms of receiving refugees, an average of 1 out of 3 (the EU average is 1 out of 2). France has also relocated only 635 migrants (635!) from Italy, within the framework of the EU resettlement scheme. By comparison, Germany relocated 5,434 people. Only Poland and the Czech Republic proportionally refuse more asylum applications than France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

recedite wrote: »
    I don't like that word "automatic".
    Have we just agreed to become France's new dumping ground for the unwanted vagrants sleeping rough in the streets of Paris and the dunes of Calais?

Seems like it since Varadkar is desperate to win their approval.

mvl wrote: »
    Have you an idea how many France would get ?
    The French won't be getting any under the redistribution plan - they will be getting rid them.

'Tis better to give than to receive as it says in the bible.

A slightly ignorant slur you've made upon a nation of people.

I think brexit is a slur they made upon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

What a car crash of a thread this is, dragged off into stupid discussions.

700+ posts, with one poster responsible for over 125 of those posts.

And still the question posed by the OP has not been answered. The media don't seem to have been following this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Reasonable & Steady are not words which curry much favour round these parts any longer :(

Once our European allies decided to embark on a regime change adventure in Libya,then the genie was finally out to play.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/world/europe/11france.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-italy/gaddafi-berlusconi-sign-accord-worth-billions-idUSLU29214620080831

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berlusconi-gaddafi-assassination_n_3435100?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMwx0fOg8A5vBkzxQGl0qUVdSkGXagdh92v6jgfLmfqkPsBEX0bySxxFC69ZGONRJjYDq1r19tIpGoBgI3z1BiT4A_ESWt9BccHKyZ_g2tbS_S25CnQsZHglcLkZo2PahLqIOHMetqoFnMr_bjBGAkwychsXkWyOScEHptNE-GAm

At least some had the chance to question David Cameron on the issue,and his responses were luke warm at best ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35300667

I expect Prime Minister Johnson will soon be putting it up to those inscrutible Chinese,as the Hong Kong democracy protests continue,or maybe thats a different sort of democracy than was worrying the Euro Leaders back in 2011 ?

Whether we in the cultured West like it or not,Gadaffi had the measure of those attempting to topple him,however he badly miscalculated the depth of commitment within his European "allies",a calculation our own Taoiseach may soon have to revisit,as the UK's exercise of it's democratically reached Brexit process continues apace.

Just like the British,the French,Germans,Italians,and assorted other whizz-bang modern European democracies,all understand how Empires function and adjust their foreign policies accordingly.

Ireland,and it's leaders,have a bit to go yet on that front.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement