Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Are you saying their is incoming wave of migration that will compete for housing?. Where is this migration going come from?

There already is to some extent and there will be even more immigrants from third world countries like Nigeria, Pakistan, India, China and Bangladesh
    'Also crime rates will rise as third world immigrants will continue their own ways as they do at home' You've written that like a blanket statement. Do you think immigrants are more likely to criminal acts because they come from third world countries?

Well a mixture of that and the fact most immigrants from the third world will be living in ghettoised areas look at Malmo as a prime example of what Dublin will become if the current wave of inward migration continues
    A ban on all migration from Muslim countries?. Why? For instance the refugees from Syria (a predominantly Muslim country).. Should the allotted amount we are taking in not be allowed come in?.

Predominantly Islamic countries should take them like Saudi Arabia but they won't because Islam seeks global domination. This is a form of jihad also what the liberals who say that Islam is the religion of peace won't tell you is Jihad is the single most talked about subject in the Quran and be achieved in a number of ways including mas immigration which is not immigration so much and more of an invasion.
    Immigrants face deportation if they are out work? What happens if another downturn comes about and immigrant loses their job? Have you ever had a spot of unemployment?

The reason for immigration is generally to fulfill gaps in the labour market. If there no work for them then there no need for them and they are a drain on resources if they are claiming social welfare. A recession is irelevant only Irish people should be entilted to social welfare. I know it sounds cruel but really it's simple common sense.

They don't want to work.
    They don't need to work like the rest of us
    Into every scam in the book.
    I heard it first hand they call Ireland "Treasure Island"

Its ludicrous to think varuka is accepting more and more into our country. We're bursting at the seams. Can't anyone stop this? A petition? We have no room for more, Housing healthcare etc all fooked. And I don't want to support them with my taxes.
    The cast majority contribute 0 to ireland, we really need to wake up before it's too late and we are the ones fleeing in the droves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

They don't want to work.
    They don't need to work like the rest of us
    Into every scam in the book.
    I heard it first hand they call Ireland "Treasure Island"

Its ludicrous to think varuka is accepting more and more into our country. We're bursting at the seams. Can't anyone stop this? A petition? We have no room for more, Housing healthcare etc all fooked. And I don't want to support them with my taxes.
    The cast majority contribute 0 to ireland, we really need to wake up before it's too late and we are the ones fleeing in the droves.
    Truthful post

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Truthful post

Its really not, but that's your opinion which you are entitled to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Stephen15 wrote: »
    There already is to some extent and there will be even more immigrants from third world countries like Nigeria, Pakistan, India, China and Bangladesh

Well a mixture of that and the fact most immigrants from the third world will be living in ghettoised areas look at Malmo as a prime example of what Dublin will become if the current wave of inward migration continues

Predominantly Islamic countries should take them like Saudi Arabia but they won't because Islam seeks global domination. This is a form of jihad also what the liberals who say that Islam is the religion of peace won't tell you is Jihad is the single most talked about subject in the Quran and be achieved in a number of ways including mas immigration which is not immigration so much and more of an invasion.

The reason for immigration is generally to fulfill gaps in the labour market. If there no work for them then there no need for them and they are a drain on resources if they are claiming social welfare. A recession is irelevant only Irish people should be entilted to social welfare. I know it sounds cruel but really it's simple common sense.

I'm on the phone so couldn't selectively quote your post.

Two things though. The social housing lists in some areas have a majority of non national applicants, and some have a sizeable non EU contingent, so it's correct to say there is competition for scarce resources.

Secondly, many Muslin countries did take refugees but they don't count them in official figures as Muslims view fellow Muslims as brothers. Which is honourable. But where that falls down is many countries operate a caste type system, so even tho a Syrian can get into somewhere like Saudi, they will be viewed as lower class.

• Advertisement

Its really not, but that's your opinion which you are entitled to hold.

How isn't it truthful..
    Its the truth as I see it..

How isn't it truthful..
    Its the truth as I see it..

Exactly everyone thinks they're speaking the truth myself included

What I simply do not understand is how people think Ireland will be any different to other European countries. I suggest people on this thread google Savile Town a place in Yorkshire where it is close to 98% Muslims from the Indian subcontinent.

And it's not just the UK it's Germany, France, Belgium and Sweden. Look at Malmo as a prime example high numbers of non EU migrants, high crime rates and high levels of social depravation. I simply do not see how Ireland and Dublin in particular is going to end up any differently to Malmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

What I simply do not understand is how people think Ireland will be any different to other European countries. I suggest people on this thread google Savile Town a place in Yorkshire where it is close to 98% Muslims from the Indian subcontinent.

And it's not just the UK it's Germany, France, Belgium and Sweden. Look at Malmo as a prime example high numbers of non EU migrants, high crime rates and high levels of social depravation. I simply do not see how Ireland and Dublin in particular is going to end up any differently to Malmo.

Just read up about Savile Town. That is pretty grim reading! We’re hardly heading down that path are we?

Some shocking reading alright.
    We're headed the same way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

And that's exactly what's going to happen to these people, they'll all be stuck in some neighbourhood, ghettoization will occur, rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Countries like Sweden and Germany should have seen the problems France, Belgium and the UK were having with immigration yet they took in hundreds of thousands in just a few years and now they are regretting it.

Over here our Government sees all this going on and yet seems determined to lead us down the same path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Countries like Sweden and Germany should have seen the problems France, Belgium and the UK were having with immigration yet they took in hundreds of thousands in just a few years and now they are regretting it.

Over here our Government sees all this going on and yet seems determined to lead us down the same path.
    Because they're under orders to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭Augme

Where did you get your stats for Malmo?

https://www.thelocal.se/20190118/malm-sees-lowest-crime-stats-in-17-years-new-figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

n97 mini wrote: »
    Secondly, many Muslin countries did take refugees but they don't count them in official figures as Muslims view fellow Muslims as brothers. Which is honourable. But where that falls down is many countries operate a caste type system, so even tho a Syrian can get into somewhere like Saudi, they will be viewed as lower class.
    Nope, you are factually incorrect there. They are not counted as refugees because they are counted as migrant workers.
    Many Syrians got into places like Saudi and Dubai, but it was not as refugees it was on work visas. Just as many Bangladeshis and indeed Irish are also there. None of these are considered as "brothers" and none will get citizenship.
    They work, and when the work is done, they get kicked out.
    Most likely this is where the famed Syrian engineers and doctors went. Nobody out-competes the Bangladeshis for cheap unskilled dangerous work in rich middle eastern countries, so other nationalities living there tend to be much higher up the food chain.

Augme wrote: »
    Those figures seem fishy to me.
    As serious crime increases, people don't bother reporting petty crimes and burglaries anymore. The same thing is happening in parts of the UK where police usually won't even call to the house for a mere burglary.
    The only real bad news in the statistics was in the number of reported rapes, which increased by 10 percent to 230, the highest number since 1996, the earliest year in Brå's database.
    So in other words, that's a new all-time record for rapes then.

Why would anyone bother reporting a minor theft in that city?
    According to Brå's annual statistics, the number of attempted murders reported in Malmö dropped by nearly half, from 100 in 2017 to 55 in 2018, the lowest number since 2013.
    That's a strange statistic. Whats the statistic for actual murders?

recedite wrote: »
    Those figures seem fishy to me.
    As serious crime increases, people don't bother reporting petty crimes and burglaries anymore. The same thing is happening in parts of the UK where police usually won't even call to the house for a mere burglary.
    The only real bad news in the statistics was in the number of reported rapes, which increased by 10 percent to 230, the highest number since 1996, the earliest year in Brå's database.
    So in other words, that's a new all-time record for rapes then.

Why would anyone bother reporting a minor theft in that city?
    According to Brå's annual statistics, the number of attempted murders reported in Malmö dropped by nearly half, from 100 in 2017 to 55 in 2018, the lowest number since 2013.
    That's a strange statistic. Whats the statistic for actual murders?

Haha, Ive seen some odd logic to disprove things but this takes the biscuit.

"Yea, due to the 230 reported rapes I'm not going to bother reporting my house being robbed or my car being stolen. "

"Yea, due to the 230 reported rapes I'm not going to bother reporting my house being robbed or my car being stolen. "
    Why bother unless somebody got stabbed?
    Maybe that's where the Swedish "attempted murder" stats come from.
    In the UK..
    Police abandoning burglary victims as two thirds of cases closed without investigation
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/06/police-abandoning-burglary-victims-two-thirds-cases-closed-without/

We're headed the same way.

recedite wrote: »
    Why bother unless somebody got stabbed?
    Maybe that's where the Swedish "attempted murder" stats come from.
    In the UK..
    Police abandoning burglary victims as two thirds of cases closed without investigation
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/06/police-abandoning-burglary-victims-two-thirds-cases-closed-without/

We're headed the same way.

So hang on, you said in that in the UK people have stopped reported crimes because and that might explain the decrease in relation to Malmo but in that link you provided it says "After years of decline, burglary has suddenly seen a sharp upturn with more than 400,000 crimes recorded last year"

So that are still reporting crimes it seems. Looks like you were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

It looks like there'll be a decent support for The National Party in the next general election. I for one will be giving them a chance anyway, they're the only ones with the guts to say what's on most people's minds these days.

Any back up for this suggestion that there'll be a decent support for a party that the majority of us have never even heard of?

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Any back up for this suggestion that there'll be a decent support for a party that the majority of us have never even heard of?

Well if they keep their election promise of them and ACI running candiates in every constituency in the country even if their campaign is unsucessful I'm sure most people will have heard of them. You can't say the majority of people do not agree with their views if the majority have never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Well if they keep their election promise of them and ACI running candiates in every constituency in the country even if they're campaign is unsucessful I'm most people will have heard of them. You can't say the majority of people do not agree with their views if the majjority have never heard of them.

Sorry, what? I can't understand your post as it doesn't make grammatical sense I'm afraid.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Sorry, what? I can't understand your post as it doesn't make grammatical sense I'm afraid.

Sorry I'm not like you Mr.Perfect sure you have never made a grammar mistake in your life

The only criticisms I have heard about the NP is that Barrett is a fascist and the r word. I have yet to hear anyone say that their views are incorrect or they are telling lies. The reason why is because no matter how much you dislike Barrett's persona you cannot disagree that he is speaking the truth about many issues such as abortion and immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The only criticisms I have heard about the NP is that Barrett is a fascist and the r word. I have yet to hear anyone say that their views are incorrect or they are telling lies. The reason why is because no matter how much you dislike Barrett's persona you cannot disagree that he is speaking the truth about many issues such as abortion and immigration.

Barrett made numbers up about immigration.
    He is a lying POS.

https://www.thejournal.ie/national-party-justin-barrett-immigration-facts-3087878-Nov2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

He is a lying POS.

https://www.thejournal.ie/national-party-justin-barrett-immigration-facts-3087878-Nov2016/

A politician talking through his hole, id like to say im surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

He is a lying POS.

The Journal 'fact check' isn't worth a f*ck.
    I wouldn't believe any official figures on immigration in any case never mind Barretts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

They'll be here quickly and automatically.

The vetting procedure described in the "fact check" there seems to have only one concrete measure - "Fingerprints are taken and checked against national and international databases".
    All the rest is just registering people and writing down names. There is no way of knowing if the names given are even correct.
    So, what % of rapists and petty criminals from say Somalia, or Nigeria, or even Syria would have their fingerprints on an Interpol database?
    I'm guessing none.

• Advertisement

He is a lying POS.

From nearly 3 years ago anthing more recent. 3 years is a long time things have changed since then. I suggest you watch some of his more recent speeches where he speaks a lot of harsh truths at least how I see it

Advertisement