Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Country was fine until 4 years ago.

The recession ending was the worst thing to happen to this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vincent van Gogh

And here we have an example of racism. Stereotyping immigrants as rapists, murderers, welfare spongers, indeed even stereotyping black immigrants as such.

i'm not gonna talk of that user's racism or not but so many of these countries have incidents of sexual assaults and rapes in numbers that would make you question if maybe an impending ice age isn't a bad thing for a second. then you couple this with the lowest number of physicians per 1000 and 100000 in the world -- some as low as 2,3,4 per 100000! so is it more likely or not that of the x amount of these migrants, more have committed a sex crime than have completed medical school?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And here we have an example of racism. Stereotyping immigrants as rapists, murderers, welfare spongers, indeed even stereotyping black immigrants as such.

You seem to be on a crusade to shut down any discussions you don't like .
    The fact of the matter the majority of Africans who have come here over the last 25 years are unemployed and living off the state when you look at the unemployment rate it's something like 70 + percent when you add the figures who are down as students .
    We've seen African drug dealers
    People trafficking
    Rapists
    Murders

This is all documented fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Did you even read my post where did I say they were all rapists, muderers and welfare spongers. What I said was it's more likely they are rapists and muderers than they are doctors and engineers I didn't even mention welfare spongers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Did you even read my post where did I say they were all rapists, muderers and welfare spongers. What I said was it's more likely they are rapists and muderers than they are doctors and engineers I didn't even mention welfare spongers.

I doubt it.:D

Stephen this guy your quoting said the it was settled people dumping rubbish on halting sites.

It is in the running for the most stupid post on this site ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I doubt it.:D

Stephen this guy your quoting said the it was settled people dumping rubbish on halting sites.

It is in the running for the most stupid post on this site ever.

Thought you were throwing your dummy out of the pram and closing your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Kivaro wrote: »
    This cannot be a surprise to us though, and it will continue to happen indefinitely while Fine Gael are still in government. We will be hearing about the next NGO migrant-taxi ship within a week, asking the Irish tax-payers to take in the next batch of economic migrants.

God, I hate the Irish Times. They are as bad as RTE pushing the NGO agenda.
    A whole 3 paragraphs on the article dedicated to the NGO mouthpiece on board the migrant-taxi ship, including this gem:
    "European States must take a hard look at the role they are playing in trapping people in these situations."

So there you have it folks .............. it's all our fault.

Unless the National Party or Renua win in the General Election than this will now stop. FF,FG,SF,Labour,PBP,etc are all clearly on side with this continuing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Unless the National Party or Renua win in the General Election than this will now stop. FF,FG,SF,Labour,PBP,etc are all clearly on side with this continuing.

I wouldn't be so negative. I think the parties you mention would be good in opposition as they may be able to put pressure on mainstream parties with regard to immigration.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so negative. I think the parties you mention would be good in opposition as they may be able to put pressure on mainstream parties with regard to immigration.

National Party and/or Renua have to win. A Govt with any of the other parties will just have this migrant scam continue as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why not stop all this tomorrow and provide help in the home countries...

What are the un doing?

Is the role not to help those in their home countries and protect them....

I have no issues at all with us providing aid but to actually help and do good for those that need it.

There is way too much greed in the world and why is it the ones with the most are the ones that happens to tell us all how to live and put up with it.

UN should be going in and stopping any bloodshed of innocent people.... Children or adults...

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Really is time for the Irish to start working off the books. Let the Lefties pay taxes to fund all of this. I imagine they won't be so quick to virtue signal when its only their money that's being wasted.

How's your job hunt going at the moment?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    How's your job hunt going at the moment?

Sure the property tax has sorted this and the USC which was to end along with certain toll roads etc...

Never ending debt....

Sure the property tax has sorted this and the USC which was to end along with certain toll roads etc...

Never ending debt....

Of course it was but it ain't going to happen with any of the parties, if you believe that you would believe anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What are the un doing?

How many hundreds of billions has been spent by the rest of the world on Africa ,
    Feeding
    Building
    Education
    Infrastructure
    Medical
    Defence.

The continent is inherently corrupt to its core ,we can in part blame colonism but that argument only gets you so far ,
    Everything is build on tribal lines or religious or witch craft beliefs most can't seem to get along and the young strong single men all want to come to Europe for a better life on lifelong benefits ,

There is nothing the UN can do to help Africa other than constantly sending food and medical aid,

I beginning to think Africa needs it's own world war type conflicts before a new Africa can be built

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Of course it was but it ain't going to happen with any of the parties, if you believe that you would believe anything.

Oh believe me I don't just believe anything.... I've seen way too much and learned so much....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

On the subject of immigration there is a great YouTuber known as “parse the noise”.

He is not as prolific as say the iconoclast but his content is great.

https://youtu.be/3RTbrntBg1g

Edit- I just noticed the iconoclast got deplatformed. So you cannot even discuss these issues now

What are the un doing?

I have no issues at all with us providing aid but to actually help and do good for those that need it.

There is way too much greed in the world and why is it the ones with the most are the ones that happens to tell us all how to live and put up with it.

UN should be going in and stopping any bloodshed of innocent people.... Children or adults...

Because there's no media acclaim in doing what you're supposed to be doing [aka representing your constituents]

Besides enriching themselves our Govt officials and property owners are doing it for virtue signalling brownie. "Look at how loving and compassionate they are."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

creeper1 wrote: »
    Just be thankful Salvini is in power in Italy and doing something against these NGOs. Otherwise you could multiply the arrivals number by 10 or more.

All of them plus their descendants will become European citizens with full rights to travel to any EU countries they want Ireland included.

Hopefully they will impound that ship and fine the organisation.

However with very wealthy donors including soros they may be back at the Libyan Coast in no time.

This endlessly keeps happening and happening.

Yes be thankful for Salvini - we see the UK is beginning to move the same way in calling time on these shenanigans.

https://news.sky.com/story/child-among-22-migrants-rescued-from-channel-by-french-authorities-11793762

You will be sent back is the message from the UK now.

What are the un doing?

Not enough media acclaim for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/gene-kerrigan-we-ignore-these-hatefilled-rants-at-our-peril-38433890.html

In this article on the more extreme voices on the right in Ireland, Gene Kerrigan mentions a podcast and a podcast star, who is he on about? Anyone know?

• Advertisement

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/gene-kerrigan-we-ignore-these-hatefilled-rants-at-our-peril-38433890.html

In this article on the more extreme voices on the right in Ireland, Gene Kerrigan mentions a podcast and a podcast star, who is he on about? Anyone know?

Yes. The Right has become so extreme in Ireland. I mean its only recently they just did..........feck all.

Yes be thankful for Salvini - we see the UK is beginning to move the same way in calling time on these shenanigans.

https://news.sky.com/story/child-among-22-migrants-rescued-from-channel-by-french-authorities-11793762

You will be sent back is the message from the UK now.

The big question now is if its too little, too late for the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

That Gran Torino clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Gran Torino I'd imagine. The gob****e that lives in his mammies shed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The Iconoclast was a great channel. Another one gone. They are dropping like flies. Only one opinion or view is acceptable now. The Iconoclast had 200k subscribers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Gran Torino I'd imagine. The gob****e that lives in his mammies shed.

Anyone that calls himself Gran Torino is a complete twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

He doesn't. He calls himself Grand Torino. I don't know why. Maybe he misspelled the title of the excellent Clint Eastwood movie, or the model of Ford that Starsky & Hutch made famous? But go on, I'm interested to know why you feel he's a complete twat for calling himself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I always just took it that the Grand was deliberate as in the unique Irish use of the word - and then that movie was about tensions between immigrants and an old codger who didn't care for them.

I've seen a few of your man's vids - or parts thereof. They are a bit long winded like all youtube politicos, or would-be politicos. Bit of a Moby Dick one-issue obsession too. I believe in free speech though. If he is wrong in what he says I'll listen to rebuttals. If there are no rebuttals, then maybe he is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Doesn't matter even complete twats deserve to be heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

topper75 wrote: »

Bit of a Moby Dick one-issue obsession too.

But what did poor Moby Dick do wrong? It's Captain Ahab who had the obsession!

Advertisement