Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

recedite wrote: »
    Party on, dude. You just ignore the naysayers.

Imagine what ireland looked like when there was over 8 million of us. Then the famine happened.
    We somehow all had homes and food up to that point.

We’re thcojky country in the world that’s poouktjon hasn’t recovered after famine. It’s half what it was in 1847 when the country was desitiute. And there was 8 million of us

But aaaasrgh the immigrants are coming to take over and replace us!

Ehhh hardly

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Street party is cancelled due to lack of funds. Welfare needs to be paid

You should read this. It’s happening in your country right now

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1166282332615127040?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Imagine what ireland looked like when there was over 8 million of us. Then the famine happened.

We’re thcojky country in the world that’s poouktjon hasn’t recovered after famine. It’s half what it was in 1847 when the country was desitiute. And there was 8 million of us

Ehhh hardly

What percentage of the population is foreign born?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

You paint a pretty picture. The reality is most people lived in tiny mud cabins and were lucky if they had a single pair of shoes. The unlucky ones slept in ditches.
    Sure, we could cram in a few more, but whats the point.
    Nigeria expands at a rate of 5 million extra people every year, but has no jobs or homes for them. And that's just one African country.
    What we really need is border controls, and what they need is contraceptives.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What percentage of the population is foreign born?

What do you mean foreign born? If you’re born in Ireland you’re Irish last I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You paint a pretty picture. The reality is most people lived in tiny mud cabins and were lucky if they had a single pair of shoes. The unlucky ones slept in ditches.
    Sure, we could cram in a few more, but whats the point.
    Nigeria expands at a rate of 5 million extra people every year, but has no jobs or homes for them. And that's just one African country.
    What we really need is border controls, and what they need is contraceptives.
    For a minute I thought you were going to propose teaching the homeless to build mud huts - the lost art.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Back when the country had 8 million. There was no social services. If you had no money you had no shelter and starved.

emo72 wrote: »
    Back when the country had 8 million. There was no social services. If you had no money you had no shelter and starved.

Can’t be true. There was 8 million people. Functioning agricultural society. Then the famine hit.

Bloody brits

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Imagine actually comparing modern Ireland with pre-famine population numbers.

It's such a disingenuous comparison, completely different countries, completely different world context, completely different expectations of life.

Stop pretending that pre-famine Ireland was some utopia of 8 million people who all had access to a nice home and food. Any normal person of those days would probably kill to be in our Direct Provision right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

It's such a disingenuous comparison, completely different countries, completely different world context, completely different expectations of life.

Stop pretending that pre-famine Ireland was some utopia of 8 million people who all had access to a nice home and food. Any normal person of those days would probably kill to be in our Direct Provision right now.

Your killing their Lib***d agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Your killing their Lib***d agenda.

Mod: You're on thin ice. Please raise your standard of posting.

I wasn’t. Just pointing out there were twice as many of us on this island before. And shouting that immigration will be the end of us is frankly stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wasn’t. Just pointing out there were twice as many of us on this island before. And shouting that immigration will be the end of us is frankly stupid

It will be the end of us economically if the majority of them are going to be on welfare until the day they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

Ehhh hardly

Iirc from another thread you are going back to college n recieving hap?
    Do it pronto before any recession hits the aul government funding. That'll be cut before taking boatloads of economic migrants is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What do you mean foreign born? If you’re born in Ireland you’re Irish last I heard

You must have missed the referendum in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

8 million with full social services? Hap payments? State pension at 67?

It's not even a different world. It's a different planet! It's no comparison at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Can’t be true. There was 8 million people. Functioning agricultural society. Then the famine hit.

Bloody brits

Yep. Fancy them digging up all those millions of lumper potatoes and injecting a bit of potato blight onto every one of them. Absolute swine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Portsalon wrote: »
    Yep. Fancy them digging up all those millions of lumper potatoes and injecting a bit of potato blight onto every one of them. Absolute swine.
    Great multiculturalists though.

Having imported people of different religion and culture, and planted them in plantation towns up and down the country against the wishes of locals, they assured everyone that full and blissful integration was just around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Having imported people of different religion and culture, and planted them in plantation towns up and down the country against the wishes of locals, they assured everyone that full and blissful integration was just around the corner.

Good call. Amusing - from a distance - to see Leo and his Cabinet of Clueless Donkeys seeking to replicate the Ulster Plantations.

As Santayana wrote, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." and I suspect that few, if any, members of Leo's indoor football club, even studied history to Junior Cert.

They’re intergrating just fine.

Every second young wan in my area has a beautiful happy coffee colored baby nowadays.

You won’t complain when they’re playing for ireland in the soccer or at the olympics and doing us proud. Cos they’re Irish. Despite your weird claims they aren’t.

• Advertisement

Born in a different country and moved here. Living here. It's not hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Every second young wan in my area has a beautiful happy coffee colored baby nowadays.
    I know the type of young wans your on about. Usually well aquainted with the local chipper and social welfare officer.

Any sign of the 'new Irish' with those young wans? Or is their work done and they've moved on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

You won’t complain when they’re playing for ireland in the soccer or at the olympics and doing us proud. Cos they’re Irish. Despite your weird claims they aren’t.

Yeah I can't wait for all these brown sportspeople of the future; a lot of them should make great entertainers too. Cos those are the things they're good at, right?

sabat wrote: »
    Yeah I can't wait for all these brown sportspeople of the future; a lot of them should make great entertainers too. Cos those are the things they're good at, right?

Lol. Nowadays you just can't win 😕

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wonder if the original Macron migrant resettlement plan from a few weeks ago has been superseded by another one, especially with news that Fine Gael are accepting more African economic migrants from an NGO migrant ferry last week, and then yesterday Fine Gael announced that they are spending €65 million tax payer money on new direct provision centres around the country.

I'm sure that the voters of Co Kildare, Co Wicklow, Co Meath and Co Louth will show their appreciation for these new DP centres to Fine Gael at the next election. Wonder how much the ancillary services for all these new migrants in these new direct provision centres will cost? But I'm sure Fine Gael are putting the extra doctors, housing, social welfare staff in place in order to cater for these new Irish citizens.

sabat wrote: »

No they do great in medicine and law too. Taoiseach would be a good example. Qualifications in both

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No they do great in medicine and law too. Taoiseach would be a good example. Qualifications in both

Holding Leo up as a good example of anything is a self-defeating argument to be honest.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Holding Leo up as a good example of anything is a self-defeating argument to be honest.

A good example of all show but no go perhaps

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

I hate his policies and think he’s an awful Taoiseach but he has both degrees I mentioned and is well educated.
    Son of an immigrant. And succeeded within our society.

If you’re going to say yeah but he’s just one. An outlier.
    Can we apply the same thinking when it comes to making all immigrants are rapists?
    Theyre not. You’ll always get one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I hate his policies and think he’s an awful Taoiseach but he has both degrees I mentioned and is well educated.
    Son of an immigrant. And succeeded within our society.

If you’re going to say yeah but he’s just one. An outlier.
    Can we apply the same thinking when it comes to making all immigrants are rapists?
    Theyre not. You’ll always get one

Seriously who has said all migrants are rapists?

Advertisement