Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Because Colleges have started pushing bull**** ideology courses like Gender Studies, LGBT studies, Women Studies, African Studies,etc. The only thing those courses are good for is giving students a victim complex.

I would be 100% behind the government paying and giving free college education to those tax pursue the STEM fields.
    Now the rest, its a free country , you can do want you want, BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!
    Want a master in Klingon language? Best off luck to you, but that will cost €30k.
    Im paraphrasing , but i read somewhere that UCD has a masters in intersectional Feminism, 50 students are studying, the job available at the end of it is teaching Intersectional Feminism.
    Only job in the country that requires this, you guesses it, teaching intersectional Feminism in UCD.
    So these 50 students, per year, now with a qualification to teach intersectional Feminism are waiting for the UCD professor to retire in 30 years, and they will throw there hat in the ring, along with 1,500 qualified people for the job.
    If it ain't a STEM degree , you must pay for it yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I would be 100% behind the government paying and giving free college education to those tax pursue the STEM fields.
    Now the rest, its a free country , you can do want you want, BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!
    Want a master in Klingon language? Best off luck to you, but that will cost €30k.
    Im paraphrasing , but i read somewhere that UCD has a masters in intersectional Feminism, 50 students are studying, the job available at the end of it is teaching Intersectional Feminism.
    Only job in the country that requires this, you guesses it, teaching intersectional Feminism in UCD.
    So these 50 students, per year, now with a qualification to teach intersectional Feminism are waiting for the UCD professor to retire in 30 years, and they will throw there hat in the ring, along with 1,500 qualified people for the job.

The Govt should be funding STEM fields and Trade schools [like in the US to learn plumbing, electrical, auto mechanic, HVAC,etc] Anything else and the student has to pay out of their own pockets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

I was in the library today, and they have these seats with two sockets to a seat. Had me phone and 2 in 1 tablet charging in them, shooting off some emails, having a chill morning in our zen af public libraries. Homeless african migrant fella comes up and tells me to remove one of my plugs because he needs one (read: he's homeless and wants to use library services to charge his phone while watching a movie). I tell him sorry both devices are dead and I need them charged. Hands up, who would move on at this point, or not even be bothering people if they see all sockets in use and just jog on? Not this fella. Starts screaming his head off, I'm telling him to pipe down he's in a library. He don't like this too much and starts removing my plugs himself. I put them back in. Again he tries, I put them back in, and he catches my hand and reefs it around. Me feckin wrist lads.

Not even the first incident, just remembered. Two days ago was again working away in our library. Different homeless african migrant fella next to me. I get up to go. Dude starts exclaiming about he's glad I'm off, because I was crowding him. He had papers strewn across 3/4 of the table.

My tablet is maybe 12" wide.

Welcome guests from Sudan and elsewhere, make yourselves at home. Nah no housing crisis here, we'll have you sorted no bother. And these Irish crackers have lived all their lives in privilege, so don't be afraid to administer the occasional wrist sprain either.

PostWoke wrote: »
    I was in the library today, and they have these seats with two sockets to a seat. Had me phone and 2 in 1 tablet charging in them, shooting off some emails, having a chill morning in our zen af public libraries. Homeless african migrant fella comes up and tells me to remove one of my plugs because he needs one (read: he's homeless and wants to use library services to charge his phone while watching a movie). I tell him sorry both devices are dead and I need them charged. Hands up, who would move on at this point, or not even be bothering people if they see all sockets in use and just jog on? Not this fella. Starts screaming his head off, I'm telling him to pipe down he's in a library. He don't like this too much and starts removing my plugs himself. I put them back in. Again he tries, I put them back in, and he catches my hand and reefs it around. Me feckin wrist lads.

Welcome guests from Sudan and elsewhere, make yourselves at home. Nah no housing crisis here, we'll have you sorted no bother. And these Irish crackers have lived all their lives in privilege, so don't be afraid to administer the occasional wrist sprain either.

He tried that with me and I'd have given him all the equality he could handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The US universities have facilitated the biggest debt bubble in young Americans, there is over $1.5 TRILLION is owed by 44 million people, mainly women, precisely because they have studying things like Gender Studies, these, mainly young women, are entering the workforce with massive debt for useless degrees...all overseen by the Social Science departments staffed by individuals laced in feminist/hard left ideology.

It's no wonder they are so angry!!

• Advertisement

Wasn't even my first experience in the last three days, updated my post.

The thing is, **** baitin the lad. Ask yourself. Why are people pouring in to Ireland? Why are we not shneaking into other countries en masse illegally or manipulating their laws to do so?

Because we built a (relatively) safe and civil society here. We all did that, we all 'signed the social contract' to be decent to each other, and most of us abide. I've never put hands on anyone, and I didn't want to start now because of this individual.

The US universities have facilitated the biggest debt bubble in young Americans, there is over $1.5 TRILLION is owed by 44 million people, mainly women, precisely because they have studying things like Gender Studies, these, mainly young women, are entering the workforce with massive debt for useless degrees...all overseen by the Social Science departments staffed by individuals laced in feminist/hard left ideology.

It's no wonder they are so angry!!

The only people they have a right to be angry with is themselves. They chose to get those worthless degrees so let them pay for it.

1.5 trillion and they cannot fill trade jobs for love nor money over there, worth mentioning.

I have the piece of paper and am broke. Who are the smart ones now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not even the first incident, just remembered. Two days ago was again working away in our library. Different homeless african migrant fella next to me. I get up to go. Dude starts exclaiming about he's glad I'm off, because I was crowding him. He had papers strewn across 3/4 of the table.

My tablet is maybe 12" wide.

Cool story brah :rolleyes:

I could've done without having the story to tell but I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for your well-wishes, I'd say I'll be stiff for a few days and will be grand then.

• Advertisement

The Govt should be funding STEM fields and Trade schools [like in the US to learn plumbing, electrical, auto mechanic, HVAC,etc] Anything else and the student has to pay out of their own pockets.

Hope your visual arts degree goes well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Get yourself a good lawyer first, because he is already on first name terms with the free legal aid asylum lawyer, and that's going to be called a racist hate crime.

recedite wrote: »
    Get yourself a good lawyer first, because he is already on first name terms with the free legal aid asylum lawyer, and that's going to be called a racist hate crime.

Has a truer truth ever been spoken?

That was another thing in the back of my head. This dude already has a personal and sizeable legal team waiting to brand me a racist nazi on the front cover of all the newspapers if I lay a finger on him or divert from the 'sir, this is a library, please be quiet' script I was repeating haha.

Does anyone have details on what the exact process is for these people? From Dublin airport what happens, where are they kept, how long, how long until they're deposited on the street as homeless, etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Does anyone have details on what the exact process is for these people? From Dublin airport what happens, where are they kept, how long, how long until they're deposited on the street as homeless, etc.?
    Nobody can say for sure why this guy is not living in a DP centre, but the chances are he has been in this country for a few years while his case for asylum was examined and found to be bogus. Then his appeal might have failed too, leaving him staring at a deportation order.

Or he could be still based in a DP centre in some remote town or village in rural Ireland, where he is bored out of his tree, and decided to take a city break while the weather is still good for sleeping outside.

Nobody can say for sure why this guy is not living in a DP centre, but the chances are he has been in this country for a few years while his case for asylum was examined and found to be bogus. Then his appeal might have failed too, leaving him staring at a deportation order.

Or he could be still based in a DP centre in some remote town or village in rural Ireland, where he is bored out of his tree, and decided to take a city break while the weather is still good for sleeping outside.

This dude in particular has definitely been around, dumped out of asylum into homelessness, but I'm just talking in generalities here, the entire process is not really public afaik. Just curious what we're talking about regarding locations, time periods etc.

This is why I loved that Justice League episode where an Alien world said "They solved their lawyers problems years ago."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Suspect we'll be asked to resettle more as the MSF Viking ship is back in Libyan waters after collecting 350 a couple of weeks ago for Europe.

https://apnews.com/32deea3d8deb4f20a0930080d0ce9f4a

I don't understand why they don't view the likes of Morocco or Tunisia, not to mention Algeria as safe drop off points if the priority is safety.
    Or is it that theres no chance of free money, housing etc?

As required by maritime law, the ship asked Libyan authorities responsible for rescue coordination in that part of the Mediterranean to provide a place of safety to disembark the rescued migrants, but it also made the same request to Italian and Maltese officials. There was no immediate response.

International migration and human rights bodies say Libya is not a place of safety, and Doctors Without Borders does not consider any North African country safe for disembarkation of the migrants.

For ****'s sake no.

We have 10,000 on the streets who get no tangible help in reversing their situation. Let Malta or Italy do their bit now.

Ireland is quickly becoming a place of no safety, where are they going to ship us off to?

https://www.msf.ie/press-contacts is the list of contacts for this group. I will be contacting them by email and twitter. I hope some of you will too. If you can, make some noise about it now, share it on your social media accounts.

Suspect we'll be asked to resettle more as the MSF Viking ship is back in Libyan waters after collecting 350 a couple of weeks ago for Europe.

https://apnews.com/32deea3d8deb4f20a0930080d0ce9f4a

I don't understand why they don't view the likes of Morocco or Tunisia, not to mention Algeria as safe drop off points if the priority is safety.
    Or is it that theres no chance of free money, housing etc?

As required by maritime law, the ship asked Libyan authorities responsible for rescue coordination in that part of the Mediterranean to provide a place of safety to disembark the rescued migrants, but it also made the same request to Italian and Maltese officials. There was no immediate response.

International migration and human rights bodies say Libya is not a place of safety, and Doctors Without Borders does not consider any North African country safe for disembarkation of the migrants.

There's supposedly 10 NGOs waiting with migrants for Italy's Left wing Judges to re open their ports. If that's not a sign that this is a scam I don't know what is. 10 ships conveniently cam across Africans in the sea and rescued them and they need to be brought to Europe. They should be jailed for Human Trafficking at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There's supposedly 10 NGOs waiting with migrants for Italy's Left wing Judges to re open their ports. If that's not a sign that this is a scam I don't know what is. 10 ships conveniently cam across Africans in the sea and rescued them and they need to be brought to Europe. They should be jailed for Human Trafficking at this stage.

Ships need to be boarded and impounded, then scuttled or dismantled. NGO ships need to be banned from EU waters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

For ****'s sake no.

We have 10,000 on the streets who get no tangible help in reversing their situation. Let Malta or Italy do their bit now.

Ireland is quickly becoming a place of no safety, where are they going to ship us off to?

https://www.msf.ie/press-contacts is the list of contacts for this group. I will be contacting them by email and twitter. I hope some of you will too. If you can, make some noise about it now, share it on your social media accounts.

10,000 on the streets?????

Have you a link for that, that’s mad.

lola85 wrote: »

10,000 homeless, sorry I misspoke, if you're a migrant or if you left the rubbers at home knowing the government would pay for your lifestyle you will have some kind of a roof over your head technically.

Does anyone have a list of all the NGO's operating in the Med?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

10,000 homeless, sorry I misspoke, if you're a migrant or if you left the rubbers at home knowing the government would pay for your lifestyle you will have some kind of a roof over your head technically.

Does anyone have a list of all the NGO's operating in the Med?

https://www.israaid.org/
    IsraAid for one. Jews practising Tikkun Olam again, just not in their own country.

https://www.israaid.org/
    just not in their own country.

Palestine you mean :P dunno if I'd want them brought there either, Palestinians already have their hands full. Israelis' are notoriously racist anyway so it would never happen, this was 1996 https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/29/world/ethiopian-in-israeli-riot-over-dumping-of-donated-blood.html and this was 2013 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-blood/blood-donation-collectors-thrown-out-of-israeli-parliament-idUSBRE9BA1B120131211

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

In Oughterard tonight, at a packed community meeting, locals rejected any plans to accommodate asylum seekers at the Connemara Gateway Hotel.
    Very strong statement there by the locals but doubtless the Govt will push it through anyway.

In Oughterard tonight, at a packed community meeting, locals rejected any plans to accommodate asylum seekers at the Connemara Gateway Hotel.
    Very strong statement there by the locals but doubtless the Govt will push it through anyway.

Yes. Just like Lisdoonvarna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

The twitter machine is telling me it was packed with far right activists.

Noel Grealish is in a bit of bother, he seems to have strayed badly from the path of the "woke".

https://twitter.com/aisghair/status/1171883145010040834

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lola85 wrote: »

The last published figure for rough sleepers ie "on the streets" in Dublin was 235.

Ireland has a habit of calling folk who are in eg emergency accommodation "homeless" when other countries use the term only for those rough sleeping. If you have a roof over your head you are not truly homeless.

google " homeless USA " Whole families living rough or in cars by the thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Graces7 wrote: »
    The last published figure for rough sleepers ie "on the streets" in Dublin was 235.

Ireland has a habit of calling folk who are in eg emergency accommodation "homeless" when other countries use the term only for those rough sleeping. If you have a roof over your head you are not truly homeless.

google " homeless USA " Whole families living rough or in cars by the thousand

Thanks for the perspective here. Lots of idiotic posts on this thread and that guy grealish in Galway adding fuel to the fire....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

The twitter machine is telling me it was packed with far right activists.

Noel Grealish is in a bit of bother, he seems to have strayed badly from the path of the "woke".

https://twitter.com/aisghair/status/1171883145010040834

How do you know they are far right activists?

Locals have a right to be concerned see what the Mosney DP center did for that local area.

Plenty of evidence of Africans coming for our social welfare system with an unemployment rate 45-63% discussed extensively on another thread

Advertisement