Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

After reading that article , there's not to many English sounding names of the people involved .

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/22/london-tourist-hotspot-knife-crime-flashpoint-camden-lock?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It turned out that the number missing was average for the period. This was cleared up in the dail, yet it's still thrown up here as "proof" of some nonsense or other.
    https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2010-06-17.1052.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

After reading that article , there's not to many English sounding names of the people involved .

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/22/london-tourist-hotspot-knife-crime-flashpoint-camden-lock?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Knife crime in London is practically a national crisis and has been for years, and giving a watch of any of the documentaries made on the matter will leave no illusions as to the demographics involved. There are several on youtube, you should check them out.

Having said that, they're not asylum scammers doing this. They're first gen English lads of African descent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

PostWoke wrote: »
    Can we get maybe one of the Italian volcanoes to create a wall of hardened magma to stop these asylum scammers next?

"Those who failed to sign on and could not provide an acceptable explanation will have lost their minimum Jobseekers Allowance of €784 -- €196 a week -- for the four-week period."

Why did they word it like this? Surely you have to go every week on your set day or it's not collectable? How does the scratch work these days?

Sign on every 3 or 4 months last I heard...thats good news for the scammers I suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

This Instagram page gives a horrific glimpse of what's happening in London on a daily basis. NSFW

https://instagram.com/ukdrillentt2.0?igshid=1c79hx1iwegbd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

WB Yokes wrote: »
    This Instagram page gives a horrific glimpse of what's happening in London on a daily basis. NSFW

https://instagram.com/ukdrillentt2.0?igshid=1c79hx1iwegbd

Private

Not if you 'follow' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Kind of indirectly related to this, one of the reasons you see so much opposition to the topic of immigration right now is because of stories like the below.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/27/anti-racism-event-hosted-edinburgh-university-bans-white-people/

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

It’s not asylum seekers causing the trouble but second generation Britain born.

I hate to point out the obvious but you cannot have a second generation if you don’t have the first.

Let’s not have the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

Jaysus used to go over to camden a few times a year until a few year ago. Surprised that it has been taken over like that but i suppose there would be a big drug trade there.
    Ended up staying in croydon a few years ago, a multicultural utopia with numerous warring gangs. Once was more than enough!

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Kind of indirectly related to this, one of the reasons you see so much opposition to the topic of immigration right now is because of stories like the below.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/27/anti-racism-event-hosted-edinburgh-university-bans-white-people/

What the actual fook......

What absolutely ridiculous.

What the actual fook......

What absolutely ridiculous.

Fair play on that anti-racism spokesperson for pointing out the bloody obvious here; this was an extremely racist attempt of an event. She is absolutely right; if this event had been called 'Resisting Blackness' it would've been in the headlines for days.

How stupid can people be?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

WB Yokes wrote: »
    That time when air traffic was stopped because of the volcano in Iceland, they uncovered a scam roma gypsys collecting welfare and child benefit in numerous countries, despite not living there full time.
    Can we get maybe one of the Italian volcanoes to create a wall of hardened magma to stop these asylum scammers next?

That point was proven to be bogus by the government. There was no decrease in amount of sham welfare collected in the week of the Iceland ash-cloud when planes were grounded.
    "Minister Ó Cuív said the figure was not exceptional and he said 90% of those who had not collected welfare in that week were Irish."

https://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1102/137611-socialwelfare/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

enricoh wrote: »
    Jaysus used to go over to camden a few times a year until a few year ago. Surprised that it has been taken over like that but i suppose there would be a big drug trade there.
    Ended up staying in croydon a few years ago, a multicultural utopia with numerous warring gangs. Once was more than enough!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Irish_Centre

Suggest you have a read of this.

"Minister Ó Cuív said

Oh well in that case! :pac:

3,500 not showing up for free money 'not exceptional'? Me arse.

Oh well in that case! :pac:

3,500 not showing up for free money 'not exceptional'? Me arse.

Did you read the stats?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Did you read the stats?

I'm able to quote the article and yet you're asking if I read it? How do you think I can quote the article otherwise, remote viewing? :pac:

Ain't nothing 'unremarkable' about 3,500 not showing up for their payment.

Yet another fire set by asylum seekers on a Greek island. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVpvAo8Rgzc
    This is completely unsustainable. Europe is just not in the shape for it, especially Greece.

I'm able to quote the article and yet you're asking if I read it? How do you think I can quote the article otherwise, remote viewing? :pac:

Ain't nothing 'unremarkable' about 3,500 not showing up for their payment.

Your quotation seems to have ignored the figures and the obvious conclusions. There is indeed nothing remarkable about 3,500 not turning up, at all. In fact it would be near average.

21 February 2010 151,920 3,311 2.2%
    21 March 2010 63,985 Signing was excused for customers due to sign on St Patrick's Day. 2,470 3.9%
    18 April 2010 151,060 Week in which there was flight disruption. 3,515 2.3%
    16 May 2010 147,435 3,269 2.2%
    13 June 2010 152,188 3,809 2.5%

Your quotation seems to have ignored the figures and the obvious conclusions. There is indeed nothing remarkable about 3,500 not turning up, at all. In fact it would be near average.

21 February 2010 151,920 3,311 2.2%
    21 March 2010 63,985 Signing was excused for customers due to sign on St Patrick's Day. 2,470 3.9%
    18 April 2010 151,060 Week in which there was flight disruption. 3,515 2.3%
    16 May 2010 147,435 3,269 2.2%
    13 June 2010 152,188 3,809 2.5%

Except of course that one of those is Paddy's Day, and flights were affected for about a month, not a week! :pac:

This is for anyone who thinks we should just kick out all asylum seekers. A sentiment I just can't agree with. Give this video a watch; there's a big difference between people like this and asylum scammers from the african continent. In fact what asylum seekers do is extra disgusting considering what horrible events they're taking advantage of to 'get theirs' too.

Except of course that one of those is Paddy's Day, and flights were affected for about a month, not a week! :pac:

None of which changes the fact that the figure is perfectly normal, and within the general parameters monthly, regardless of "flight disruption".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

welfare fraud is rampant here, tonnes of cases like that. The roma gypsies pull every trick in the book.

I absolutely despise the Roma “lifestyle” which mainly centres around begging, robbing and welfare- western welfare systems were never designed to support the likes of this- it was always supposed to be a safety net for the genuinely unemployed and more vulnerable in society. Not to support a plethora of foreign scam artists from Bucharest to Lagos. I believe in a fair welfare system supporting the most vulnerable and it makes my blood boil to hear these stories when the small €30 per week training allowance has been pulled from people on a disability payment. We should have insisted on a work permit system from new entrant EU nations - the chasm between Ireland’s standards of living and these countries is huge whereby someone on welfare here lives like a king compared to a lower paid worker in Romania. I blame our government as much as anyone for not asserting this more- Leo and Co are far too concerned with signing us up to various do gooder UN agreements rather than protecting Irish welfare social services and taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I dont think you have read the government stats properly at all. 3515 people not collecting welfare in a week is a typical value. There was no exceptional drop in the figure caused by the grounding of flights from the Icelandic ash cloud. Sure two months later there was even a bigger drop in the number collecting of 3,809.
    Also, 90% of those who didnt sign on for that month were Irish.

Like the government said themselves, none of this shows that there are large numbers of people flying into the country and collecting social welfare payments.

None of which changes the fact that the figure is perfectly normal, and within the general parameters monthly, regardless of "flight disruption".

Of course it does, because they're not! Imagine thinking 3,500 welfare recipients just... don't bother turning up for it! :pac:
    road_high wrote: »
    I absolutely despise the Roma “lifestyle” which mainly centres around begging, robbing and welfare- western welfare systems were never designed to support the likes of this- it was always supposed to be a safety net for the genuinely unemployed and more vulnerable in society. Not to support a plethora of foreign scam artists from Bucharest to Lagos. I believe in a fair welfare system supporting the most vulnerable and it makes my blood boil to hear these stories when the small €30 per week training allowance has been pulled from people on a disability payment. We should have insisted on a work permit system from new entrant EU nations - the chasm between Ireland’s standards of living and these countries is huge whereby someone on welfare here lives like a king compared to a lower paid worker in Romania. I blame our government as much as anyone for not asserting this more- Leo and Co are far too concerned with signing us up to various do gooder UN agreements rather than protecting Irish welfare social services and taxpayers.

Yup. Even other flavours of 'roma' despise the particular group we see proliferating in welfare states. The ones we know and love aren't even the majority of the entire roma ethnic group, we just don't know of them and never see them because they're in Eastern Europe actually working for a living.

Of course it does, because they're not! Imagine thinking 3,500 welfare recipients just... don't bother turning up for it! :pac:

...that would be the average. You might note that whatever month you pick ~(excluding paddies day), the number who don't turn up is less than 3% of those claiming. Again, the figure for the month is in no way notable or out of line with that of other months. It'd actually less than some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

I see on aertel the direct provision centre not opening in Oughterard doesnt make the first page. Its story number 12.
    A story about a minister saying no to wolves reintroduction and another about a guy getting 14 months for rhino horn smuggling made the first page however!!
    #banish the bad news stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Aertel is still a thing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I see on aertel the direct provision centre not opening in Oughterard doesnt make the first page. Its story number 12.
    A story about a minister saying no to wolves reintroduction and another about a guy getting 14 months for rhino horn smuggling made the first page however!!

This is what I got on rte.ie

Galway sponsors Supermac's demand details of spending
    GAA

jay0109 wrote: »
    Aertel is still a thing :eek:

Yes but they are looking to pull it as it's costing so much to keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Reported on rte this morning the massive increase in cost of DPs since 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Reported on rte this morning the massive increase in cost of DPs since 2016.

Were full ,

We are now relying on hotels and b&bs to house asylums seekers/ economic migrants on top of DP.
    Wke've people in dp refusing to leave despite getting permission to stay ,

The government needs to say enough is enough till we sort our housing shortage , homeless problems, health services
    We should say no more

Advertisement