Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They probably mean vat on products they buy.....with tax payer monies...

We all pay that so its not something the pro migrant crowd should be using. I figured they were full of it saying they pay taxes when the majority are on the dole for life.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    What do you think you showing off here?

Seems your trying to be a smartarse,correct me if Im wrong.

Yep your wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

A story in two parts....

Yesterday
    Screen-Shot-2019-10-02-at-23-56-18.png

Today
    Screen-Shot-2019-10-02-at-23-56-30.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So you won't be able to send your son or daughter to trinity but your taxes will fund asylum seekers places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Trinners is trying to crowbar more cash out of the government in as public and embarrassing a way as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Yep your wrong.

And what were you trying to show by your post then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I agree.

I disagree.

"the World Bank, the UN’s International Labour Organization and the OECD club of rich countries issued a report concluding that “in most countries migrants pay more in taxes and social contributions than they receive.”
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22730383-800-why-welcoming-more-refugees-makes-economic-sense-for-europe/

Nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

A story in two parts....

Yesterday
    Screen-Shot-2019-10-02-at-23-56-18.png

Today
    Screen-Shot-2019-10-02-at-23-56-30.png

**** me why wouldn’t they come????

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've worked since 15 and now I'm really seeing why people don't actually want to work.....

Am I absolutely nuts wearing myself out doing what I'm doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

LillySV wrote: »
    Nonsense

The very young and the very old dont generally move countries.

Folks most likely to move surely must be the young able bodied and these are the most able to work.

Its a lot of hassle to move country and they are unlikely to do so to waste their lives on the dole.

• Advertisement

The very young and the very old dont generally move countries.

Folks most likely to move surely must be the young able bodied and these are the most able to work.

Its a lot of hassle to move country and they are unlikely to do so to waste their lives on the dole.

Your having a laugh.....

They come here as life here of course is much better and life on the sole for them in many cases would be months and months of wages in one week here....

Of course people are coming here to get the money....

You only have to look at the pay outs they're getting and it's not just the scratch there are huge amounts of additional payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

On the radio there Charlie flanagan says asylum seeker numbers up 59% in the first 9 months of this year on 2018.
    This industry is booming, god bless paddy taxpayer!
    The joke is on us.

Sure no wonder all these politicians want them coming in as directly and indirectly many are profiting from dp and other schemes.....

I'm sorry to see how we are been taken over and those that fought in 1916 maybe shouldn't have bothered. Sad but it's getting ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

enricoh wrote: »
    On the radio there Charlie flanagan says asylum seeker numbers up 59% in the first 9 months of this year on 2018.
    This industry is booming, god bless paddy taxpayer!
    The joke is on us.

Once we get houses for a everyone who asks for one then we will truly see an influx.

The housing crisis is the only thing keeping it somewhat at a reasonable level.

Racist Councillor assures the (well to do) racists of Dublin 15 that there will be no direct provision centre there.

L5jirUX.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-14-42-25-copy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Another day, another campaign

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/were-scared-for-our-lives-parents-and-three-young-children-facing-possible-deportation-fear-returning-to-pakistan-38560392.html
    A Pakistani family with three young children facing possible deportation have spoken out about their fears of being killed if they are deported.
    A national student union campaign was launched yesterday against the possible deportation of Mehwish (29) and Muhammed Sadiq (34) and their three children, aged three, six and eight.
    The family’s Leave to Remain application has been rejected by the Department of Justice, which would have allowed them to stay in Ireland.

....Ms Sadiq is a third year early years education student in DCU thanks to the college’s University of Sanctuary scholarship, which allows refugees and asylum seekers to complete third level education.
    DCUSU yesterday launched an open letter to Minister Charlie Flanagan and a petition, which now has over 4,000 signatures, to keep the family in the country.
    They have been in Ireland for nearly four-and-a-half years, previously living in Manchester after leaving Pakistan.

....My two youngest children were born in England and Ireland, so they’ve never been to Pakistan. They don’t know what life is like there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Wait for tax increases to pay for all this. Waiting for the burst now in a few years from financing all the problems here these idiots in government are creating for down the road. Just will be turned over to another pack of Muppets that will carry on regardless. Only difference being tacpayers will be squeezed even more by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Gatling wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be a war and as pro asylum posters keep repeating just have to claim fleeing persecution.

Persecution from what exactly in Brazil then? So much detail missing from that story, but suppose as kids were born here they'll never be deported!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 youknowitstrue

Racist Councillor assures the (well to do) racists of Dublin 15 that there will be no direct provision centre there.

Pure NIMBY out of these politicians, how do they justify it for the rest of us?
    Just wait until we get our first terror attack from one of these immigrants, we all know it coming, just a matter of time, Ireland will be no different than the rest of Europe,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Do not drag stuff from other forums into the sh!t here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

DP will not happen in D15. This is not racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Can you point me to the racist sentiments because I'm not seeing them?

Sweden seems to be getting smarter.

PostWoke wrote: »
    Can you point me to the racist sentiments because I'm not seeing them?

Sweden seems to be getting smarter.

It was sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

L5jirUX.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-14-42-25-copy.png

He’s not saying there will be never DP centre there. He’s saying that there’s none to welcome, unlike the banner claims. D15 is hardly ‘well-to-do’.

https://gript.ie/crisis-in-carrickmacross/

Interesting article about Carrickmacross town.

Locals are living in fear, afraid to walk down the street day or night. Gangs of migrants intimidating everyone around.
    A woman was allegedly raped by a migrant in her own home recently and the media have ignored everything.

This probably deserves a thread of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://gript.ie/crisis-in-carrickmacross/

Interesting article about Carrickmacross town.

Locals are living in fear, afraid to walk down the street day or night. Gangs of migrants intimidating everyone around.
    A woman was allegedly raped by a migrant in her own home recently and the media have ignored everything.

This probably deserves a thread of its own.

So the media should report in every single allegation that's doing the rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Imagine that .

All we get is silence from the media

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

No they should cover it up like they did with your 'Asian grooming' gangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

No need for DPCenters, yes just go straight to welfare, free education/training and housing (there's lots to go around):
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1005/1081307-asylum-seekers-masi/

An organisation representing asylum seekers is calling for the immediate abolition of direct provision and for people (seeking) asylum in Ireland to have 'the same access' to housing supports as everyone else.
    Spokesperson 'Lucky' Khambule said MASI wants an immediate and unrestricted right to work for all people seeking asylum, along with full access to training and education.

Better still, just charter a plane to Albania (99% rejection rate±) and bring anyone in (by the planeload) while their applications are ±looked at, sure they can do all the stuff Engineers and Doctors do while they wait for the 1% likelyhood of any case validity.

• Advertisement

No need for DPCenters, yes just go straight to welfare, free education/training and housing (there's lots to go around):
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1005/1081307-asylum-seekers-masi/

An organisation representing asylum seekers is calling for the immediate abolition of direct provision and for people (seeking) asylum in Ireland to have 'the same access' to housing supports as everyone else.
    Spokesperson 'Lucky' Khambule said MASI wants an immediate and unrestricted right to work for all people seeking asylum, along with full access to training and education.

Better still, just charter a plane to Albania (99% rejection rate±) and bring anyone in (by the planeload) while their applications are ±looked at, sure they can do all the stuff Engineers and Doctors do while they wait for the 1% likelyhood of any case validity.

Does 'same access as everyone else' mean they will languish on the housing lists for up to ten years? And possibly end up on the streets.
    Or does it mean they will go directly into housing?

I think we know the answer.

Advertisement