Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

Not from carrick so i dont know whats happening. If the statement from sinn fein is legit then there's definitely an issue with the asylum seekers there.
    No doubt various journalists n camera crews willbe sent up to investigate for us!!
    If what is being said is true n word gets out no locals anywhere will stand for centres opening. Not good for our ever expanding asylum industry!!

Could it be it hasn’t been reported to Gardai as it’s never actually happened?

Outside of posts on Facebook from questionable actors
    Here's the petition someone put up a linjk to earlier. Questionable actors? I doubt it somehow.

https://www.change.org/p/councilors-is-carrickmacross-becoming-a-lawless-town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

enricoh wrote: »
    Here's the petition someone put up a linjk to earlier. Questionable actors? I doubt it somehow.

https://www.change.org/p/councilors-is-carrickmacross-becoming-a-lawless-town

So why haven’t the ‘victims’ gone to the Gardai?
    I know FB witch hunts onlinexare effective but surely if you’re really attacked you go to the police rather than Facebook etc, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

enricoh wrote: »
    If what is being said is true n word gets out no locals anywhere will stand for centres opening. Not good for our ever expanding asylum industry!!

Well, I can still see some opportunities in CCTV/security monitoring services, self defense and related businesses, plus expanding the role/status of Garda Síochána. They can get really creative with finances around those.

Can I start a petition about ‘do you feel threatened by a small gang of racist antagonists trying to whip up hate in Ireland with no actual evidence’?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Gatling wrote: »
    But for some reason some people here want to bury their heads in the sand repeatedly saying it's not happening it's not happening ,
    I'm sure if we have similar it would be blamed on everyone else
    With full sympathy for the victims, I think the British were busy feeling superior about the Catholic priest abuse scandal finally breaking, they missed the irony of the police force and journalists covering up the rape of kids next door.

There's plenty of evidence for pro migrant groups not wanting to show their special interest (or faith or religion) in a bad light.
    Woman raped in the french immigrant jungle camp was told to be quiet about it as it would show their special interest in a bad light.
    Many islamic attacks against people were covered up as "mentally ill man" attacks strangers. People are oft afraid to confront issues head on, unless forced to do so

Given the level of previous dishonest discourse (in reportage), I'd have to be naive to believe that NOW we are being honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

alastair wrote: »
    Migrants are sent nowhere by the government. That’s asylum seekers you’re thinking of. Dublin is full of welcomed migrants.

yet, they try so hard to blur the lines between the two. actually, as a migrant here can I say I feel offended when I get included in same bucket with what I would want to start calling displaced welfare seekers ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can I start a petition about ‘do you feel threatened by a small gang of racist antagonists trying to whip up hate in Ireland with no actual evidence’?

But then would have evidence of actual crimes or just baseless claims by groups wanting more rights for economic migrants

Knock yerself out.
    So the people that started the petition in carrickmacross are 'racist antagonists'?
    What about the few hundred people outside the cop shop in balbriggan having a silent vigil about a black gang running riot? Racists?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/balbriggan-protest-over-youth-gangs-36377335.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

You can start what you want but just know you and your ilk are on borrowed time - the majority now see straight through your type. Open arms to immigrants and piss takers but none for your own house or area, people who don’t want DP Centre’s in their home towns are racists now because they won’t take them but it’s probably 100km+ from where you live.

Do us all a favor and shut your mouth - the sjw fairytale is starting to decompose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Could it be it hasn’t been reported to Gardai as it’s never actually happened?

Outside of posts on Facebook from questionable actors

Doubting victims of rape to defend the poor asylum scammers, classy move bruv.

PostWoke wrote: »
    Doubting victims of rape to defend the poor asylum scammers, classy move bruv.

Haven’t seen any reported rapes. That was my point. It’s a petition posted by an antagonist group I linked to the evidence above. Has anyone actually been raped? If so why not go to the Gardai?

I linked to the evidence above. Has anyone actually been raped? If so why not go to the Gardai?

Where a person claims to have seen stuff posted in secret groups but they presented nothing to back themselves up .

How do you know that rapes and sexual assaults haven't been reported

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

9 A’s in her junior cert. 9. Love living in a country that gives all kids opportunities to excel and achieve. As hard work goes this kid wins. More of this please and we’ll see Gemma and her gemmaroids fade into the nothing they belong

If you’re against a child born here in Ireland, Irish, achieving such a result, because she has different skin colour than you, you’re an idiot.
    Encourage you kid to work this hard and do this well. Her achievement isn’t taking anything from your kid. Your kid not doing this well, is however an indictment of you and your parenting.

https://twitter.com/ebunjoseph1/status/1180489703759462401?s=21

we have such a funny relationship with the junior and leaving cert here

a white irish kid gets a load of a's and the comments are all 'needs a social life'/'nerd' or 'well done' 'very smart' etc...

a black nigerian kid gets a load of a's and its 'this is why we should allow in a load of muslim asylum seekers to leitrim and why the roaming african gangs in balbriggan are to be ignored'

a fascinating difference.

Where a person claims to have seen stuff posted in secret groups but they presented nothing to back themselves up .

Looking at the names involved and given their very very public profile and history in repeal and marriage equality referenda campaigning against them, it’s not just a certainty but evident they’re now just on the far right bandwagon as they have nowhere else to go now with their bullish!t.

Have a look online about John McGuirk or even through his twitter if in doubt.

we have such a funny relationship with the junior and leaving cert here

a white irish kid gets a load of a's and the comments are all 'needs a social life'/'nerd' or 'well done' 'very smart' etc...

a black nigerian kid gets a load of a's and its 'this is why we should allow in a load of muslim asylum seekers to leitrim and why the roaming african gangs in balbriggan are to be ignored'

a fascinating difference.

You’re using some really random and flawed comparisons but whatever you’re using yourself

Looking at the names involved and given their very very public profile and history in repeal and marriage equality referenda campaigning against them, it’s not just a certainty but evident they’re now just on the far right bandwagon as they have nowhere else to go now with their bullish!t.

Have a look online about John McGuirk or even through his twitter if in doubt.

how can you possibly gain somebodys political leanings or interest in immigration from those two a-political topics

how can you possibly gain somebodys political leanings or interest in immigration from those two a-political topics

I can’t tell if that’s a serious question. The chap I’m referring to is a notoriously rabid bandwagon jumper and contrarian. And now seemingly leading this ‘campaign’ and petition.
    Suggest you read up on him before commenting further to save yourself embarrassment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Haven’t seen any reported rapes. That was my point. It’s a petition posted by an antagonist group I linked to the evidence above. Has anyone actually been raped? If so why not go to the Gardai?

Do the Gardai normally notify you when a rape is reported??

Do the Gardai normally notify you when a rape is reported??

Does a rape victim usually take to Facebook or twitter to report? And somehow doesn’t go to the guards?
    Even attempted/alleged rapes get reported in media now especially when the suspect can’t be found.

Somehow not the case in either of the towns were discussing though

Isn’t that odd

• Advertisement

Does a rape victim usually take to Facebook or twitter to report? And somehow doesn’t go to the guards?

Metoo movement

Metoo movement

What’s your point? You’re defending alleged rape victims in one post now swinging to they’re all metoo movement band wagoners the next? Have I got that straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

From the earlier link
    it remains only an allegation, and no arrests have been made. It is not known whether a crime has been reported to the Gardai in relation to the matter. Various posts speculating about the identity and nationality of the alleged perpetrator are swirling online, but several of them differ in relation to the alleged facts. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

If so why not go to the Gardai?

You seem very interested in this detail, so why don't you go off and research why women reluctantly report incidents of sexual assault to police.

PostWoke wrote: »
    You seem very interested in this detail, so why don't you go off and research why women reluctantly report incidents of sexual assault to police.

Know for a fact that the report rate is under 10% of actual rapes that happen. Well aware of it. Think it’s around 3% ever reach successful prosecution. It was ever thus. But that stat and fact is being maligned by yourself and others it seems.

It’s not like rape is a new phenomenon in Ireland brought about by immigrants. Almost entirely all rapes in Ireland prosecuted or not are committed by white Irish men. And by dint of being the vast majority in numbers v immigrant population

Know for a fact that the report rate is under 10% of actual rapes that happen. Well aware of it. Think it’s around 3% ever reach successful prosecution. It was ever thus. But that stat and fact is being maligned by yourself and others it seems.

It’s not like rape is a new phenomenon in Ireland brought about by immigrants. Almost entirely all rapes in Ireland prosecuted or not are committed by white Irish men. And by dint of being the vast majority in numbers v immigrant population

Absolute horse**** and you know it - people like you make me sick with your open arms and tightly closed eyes.

Absolute horse**** and you know it - people like you make me sick with your open arms and tightly closed eyes.

Sooo rape only ever started in Ireland when the immigrants arrived.

Are you really really sure about that?

Straw man arguement. Be a good lad there and go do some googling of attacks by those in DP or illegally...

youve moved the goalposts, you claimed almost all (prosecuted or not) happen by white irish men. Absolute crap. The issue is that as education improves and as attitudes have progressed the number of sexual assaults and rapes was going down until we started importing more migrants and now its increasing again.

your statement was correct 40 years ago but as time goes on, the landscape of rape in Ireland is very much being over-represented by migrants.

• Advertisement

Straw man arguement. Be a good lad there and go do some googling of attacks by those in DP or illegally...

We weren’t talking about DP. At all. Move the goal posts properly next time.

Advertisement