Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

We weren’t talking about DP. At all. Move the goal posts properly next time.

Like you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can I start a petition about ‘do you feel threatened by a small gang of racist antagonists trying to whip up hate in Ireland with no actual evidence’?
    You sure can, it's your democratic right.
    Good luck.
    Maybe link to it here so we can see how many supporters you get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

biko wrote: »
    You sure can, it's your democratic right.
    Good luck.
    Maybe link to it here so we can see how many supporters you get.

Well I don’t have a little gang of headbangers with hundreds of different accounts between them across all social media platforms to ramp it up. I mean who even has the time for that crap?

Any ideas where I can find some would be welcome though, of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Well I don’t have a little gang of headbangers with hundreds of different accounts between them across all social media platforms to ramp it up. I mean who even has the time for that crap?

Any ideas where I can find some would be welcome though, of course

You won’t find anyone to back you, that’s the joke. You woke types are so ****ing sickening, no self respecting person would ever associate with you or your bull**** ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What’s your point? You’re defending alleged rape victims in one post now swinging to they’re all metoo movement band wagoners the next? Have I got that straight?

No you most certainly haven't got it .

Where have I claimed band wagoners when it came to sexual assault victims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

You won’t find anyone to back you, that’s the joke. You woke types are so ****ing sickening, no self respecting person would ever associate with you or your bull**** ideas.

Angry

Gatling wrote: »
    No you most certainly haven't got it .

Where have I claimed band wagoners when it came to sexual assault victims

Your previous post made no sense whatsoever. In that it contradicted the post you made prior to it.

Your previous post made no sense whatsoever. In that it contradicted the post you made prior to it.

No .

You asked a question and I replied with metoo.

You then went off somewhere all by yourself

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

In Sweden the majority of rapes are commited by non EU migrants. But sure they only do it because they're poor and oppressed, or something.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

Know for a fact that the report rate is under 10% of actual rapes that happen. Well aware of it. Think it’s around 3% ever reach successful prosecution. It was ever thus. But that stat and fact is being maligned by yourself and others it seems.

It’s not like rape is a new phenomenon in Ireland brought about by immigrants. Almost entirely all rapes in Ireland prosecuted or not are committed by white Irish men. And by dint of being the vast majority in numbers v immigrant population

'#Ibelieveher, except when it comes to sexual violence committed by migrants, then she needs to STFU'.

• Advertisement

No .

You asked a question and I replied with metoo.

You then went off somewhere all by yourself

What did your ‘metoo’ reply mean within this context?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

national-ploughing-championships-45-390x285.jpg

PRESIDENT MICHAEL D Higgins has told an audience in New York that Irish people must not “remain silent” in the face of attacks on refugees and asylum seekers.

“As President of Ireland, I have offered an apology on behalf of the people of Ireland when there have been incidents of callous and unacceptable behaviour directed at refugees. I believe that we cannot and must not remain silent in the face of such attacks on refugees and migrants,” he said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/direct-provision-ireland-michael-d-higgins-4831180-Sep2019/

PRESIDENT MICHAEL D Higgins has told an

“As President of Ireland, I have offered an apology on behalf of the people of Ireland

The cheek of him to offer any thing

#notmypresident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Does a rape victim usually take to Facebook or twitter to report? And somehow doesn’t go to the guards?
    Even attempted/alleged rapes get reported in media now especially when the suspect can’t be found.

Somehow not the case in either of the towns were discussing though

Isn’t that odd

You keep on repeating the above, yet It is not known whether a crime has been reported to the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

national-ploughing-championships-45-390x285.jpg

PRESIDENT MICHAEL D Higgins has told an audience in New York that Irish people must not “remain silent” in the face of attacks on refugees and asylum seekers.

“As President of Ireland, I have offered an apology on behalf of the people of Ireland when there have been incidents of callous and unacceptable behaviour directed at refugees. I believe that we cannot and must not remain silent in the face of such attacks on refugees and migrants,” he said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/direct-provision-ireland-michael-d-higgins-4831180-Sep2019/

Should we remain silent in the face of attacks from refugees? he doesn't mention it, so hard to know.
    great work mickey d, get a bit of shopping in over there n i hope the hotel is up to scratch! yer worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Because the people of Ireland rarely get to voice their opinion. He can preside over my middle finger there’s been nothing of any particular note for anyone to apologise for

These types are looking to create a climate so they can brand people but I’ll brand myself thank you very much so I can get over that initial stumbling block and deal with the root causes.

It isnt immigrants attacking people on our streets. It’s irish scumbags. Just an FYI

https://twitter.com/irishtimes/status/1181253305571434497?s=21

Love to see any comparable stats or reports of immigrants attacking people. I’d imagine I’ll be waiting for that though

‘The Irish Times sought accounts from people who had been assaulted or had witnessed attacks, and over two thirds of those who replied were foreign nationals.’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/call-for-ethnicity-of-assault-victims-to-be-recorded-as-street-violence-rises-1.4041977

It isnt immigrants attacking people on our streets. It’s irish scumbags. Just an FYI

It bloody well is too these scumbags work both ways is just it won’t be entertained as much By the media. It can only increase, but in the meantime you keep digging around for these particular isolated incidences.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    It bloody well is too these scumbags work both ways is just it won’t be entertained as much By the media. It can only increase, but in the meantime you keep digging around for these particular isolated incidences.

Prove it. I’ll wait.

• Advertisement

Yeah you’d need to. The truth is out there, I’m not linking you to every such incident on the internet you’ve seen enough incidences yourself. But It’s a fantastic dynamic ireland was missing for so long

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Yeah you’d need to. The truth is out there, I’m not linking you to every such incident on the internet you’ve seen enough incidences yourself

Because you can’t prove it. Not even one article?

Thought as much.

‘The Irish Times sought accounts from people who had been assaulted or had witnessed attacks, and over two thirds of those who replied were foreign nationals.’

How many people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

enricoh wrote: »
    Here's the petition someone put up a linjk to earlier. Questionable actors? I doubt it somehow.

https://www.change.org/p/councilors-is-carrickmacross-becoming-a-lawless-town

Zero people have signed??

How many people ?

Did you read the article? They responses they got were predominantly from non nationals. They picked three to focus on.

Did you read the article? .

They said two thirds so that could be 3 people .

The article said nothing about race crimes either two muggins is nothing

They said two thirds so that could be 3 people .

The article said nothing about race crimes either two muggins is nothing

You’re gas.
    It’s three more people than you have provided evidence for from all these ‘immigrant rape crime wave’ you’re so fond of :)

Who do you think is more likely to be attacked walking down a street late at night in Dublin.

You? Or someone who is identifiably an immigrant?

Spoiler alert. It isn’t you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I think that most people would agree with taking in genuine refugees and also that genuine refugees should be returned to their countries of origin once those countries are safe and not as is being proposed of bringing in the entire extended family of anyone granted asylum here, i.e the guy who got 70 relatives brought here a couple of years ago. Asylum was ever only intended as a temporary measure and the system hasn't changed since it was introduced after the Holocaust. At that point in history nobody could have imagined global travel on the scale it is now.

It's a fact that most of the asylum seekers we have here are bogus, they are economic migrants who once given their free house and Social Welfare benefits, are financially better off in Ireland than they ever would be working for minimum wage back home. Tonight there was a story on the news about a teenager who attacked and slashed the throat of a young woman, he's mentally ill and his family couldn't get him a bed in a psychiatric unit because there wasn't a bed for him.

Disabled people were getting an allowance of 31 euro a week to help them get back to work and that was abolished last month. We're borrowing a billion euro a year for 2 years to send abroad in Foreign Aid. We've spent 77 million on DP this year and we're going to spend an additional 64 million renting 4 more hotels for 2 years on top of what we're currently spending. Today an extra 10 million euro for integration was announced. It's not going to take long before Paddy wises up and says fook this for a game of cowboys. We're told there isn't the money for psychiatric care for Irish people and that there's a million people on hospital waiting lists because there aren't enough medical staff/hospital beds, yet there's no shortage of money for people rocking up on a boat in the Med or arriving at an Irish airport and claiming asylum because they claim uncle Lucky the local witch doctor wants to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Take in as many refugees and asylum seekers as possible and move them to meath it'll drastically decrease the rates of inbreeding and webbed feet amongst the locals.

• Advertisement

blueshade wrote: »
    I think that most people would agree with taking in genuine refugees and also that genuine refugees should be returned to their countries of origin once those countries are safe and not as is being proposed of bringing in the entire extended family of anyone granted asylum here, i.e the guy who got 70 relatives brought here a couple of years ago. Asylum was ever only intended as a temporary measure and the system hasn't changed since it was introduced after the Holocaust. At that point in history nobody could have imagined global travel on the scale it is now.

It's a fact that most of the asylum seekers we have here are bogus, they are economic migrants who once given their free house and Social Welfare benefits, are financially better off in Ireland than they ever would be working for minimum wage back home. Tonight there was a story on the news about a teenager who attacked and slashed the throat of a young woman, he's mentally ill and his family couldn't get him a bed in a psychiatric unit because there wasn't a bed for him.

Disabled people were getting an allowance of 31 euro a week to help them get back to work and that was abolished last month. We're borrowing a billion euro a year for 2 years to send abroad in Foreign Aid. We've spent 77 million on DP this year and we're going to spend an additional 64 million renting 4 more hotels for 2 years on top of what we're currently spending. Today an extra 10 million euro for integration was announced. It's not going to take long before Paddy wises up and says fook this for a game of cowboys.

You’re worried about less than peanuts financially speaking. Want to have a look at the hundreds of billions annually the same government doesn’t collect in tax owed from multinationals here. Which could not only fix every problem we have in Ireland in terms of health infrastructure and housing, it would make us one of the truly best countries in the world to live in. Were being fvcked over by corporations and funds and enabled by our government.

But sure. A few thousand refugees are really the problem and the blame.

Riiiiight.

Advertisement