Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It isnt immigrants attacking people on our streets. It’s irish scumbags. Just an FYI

https://twitter.com/irishtimes/status/1181253305571434497?s=21

Who attack anyone, not just immigrants.
    Just scumbags scumbagging

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who do you think is more likely to be attacked walking down a street late at night in Dublin.

Having worked many nights in Dublin city centre it's mostly random assaults or muggins that take place seems your suggesting something completely different with no evidence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Gatling wrote: »
    Having worked many nights in Dublin city centre it's mostly random assaults or muggins that take place seems your suggesting something completely different with no evidence

Just posted an article above saying otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Love to see any comparable stats or reports of immigrants attacking people. I’d imagine I’ll be waiting for that though
    Likely such precise data category breakdowns aren't easily or publically available.

However, a quick glance at the nationalities of folks 'locked up' (IPS), shows native Irish white types are under-represented only 76.51% for 2017 (might also include the skewed average due to the travelling type in included in that).
    This is also down year on year, with other nationalities increasing (some very high per-population representation). To get an idea for the future, just take a look at the uk's stats (not pretty in terms of 'peaceful' ideologies).

Of course, the vast majority of 'immigrants' are actually skilled legal workers and very welcome by everyone.

Then there is another type of (illegal economic) migrant that operates via trafficking gangs, often unskilled, unqualified, without the right to work thus seeks benefits etc. Likely at a higher likelyhood to be at higher risk of offending, maybe also some generations to come.

There is also the 3rd type: the more rare 'genuine' asylum seeker (those accepted are actually 'minority' of all seekers).
    In the past they were from actual war-torn countries such as Syria, and before that former Yugoslavia.

Just posted an article above saying otherwise.

Your article has no figures or any kind and the stories suggested nothing more than low level muggings

• Advertisement

Likely such precise data category breakdowns aren't easily or publically available.

However, a quick glance at the nationalities of folks 'locked up' (IPS), shows native Irish white types are under-represented only 76.51% for 2017 (might also include the skewed average due to the travelling type in included in that).
    This is also down year on year, with other nationalities increasing (some very high per-population representation). To get an idea for the future, just take a look at the uk's stats (not pretty in terms of 'peaceful' ideologies).

Of course, the vast majority of 'immigrants' are actually skilled legal workers and very welcome by everyone.

Then there is another type of (illegal economic) migrant that operates via trafficking gangs, often unskilled, unqualified, without the right to work thus seeks benefits etc. Likely at a higher likelyhood to be at higher risk of offending, maybe also some generations to come.

There is also the 3rd type: the more rare 'genuine' asylum seeker (those accepted are actually 'minority' of all seekers).
    In the past they were from actual war-torn countries such as Syria, and before that former Yugoslavia.

Isn’t it something like 70% of the Irish population in prisons are from the traveling community?
    And you’re saying there’s rising numbers of immigrants on prison?

Some point you have to ask is it our society letting minorities down rather than them being portrayed as the ‘problem’.

Tell you something I’d rather be genuinely homeless in Dublin than forced to live in direct provision.

Isn’t it something like 70% of the Irish population in prisons are from the traveling community?
    And you’re saying there’s rising numbers of immigrants on prison?
    Can't imagine it's as high as that, but it would be significant anyway possibly closer to 10%? from 0.2% of the general pop.

Which means the average white Paddy and Mary are only 66% of total, but around 90% of the general total population (2017 figures).
    Some point you have to ask is it our society letting minorities down rather than them being portrayed as the ‘problem’.
    Some minorities let themselves down, very easily, repetitively.

Others such as the Chinese, Indian and Polish, Latvian and so on, and on just get on with living largely crime-free. e.g. The Chinese in the uk earn more p/hr than any other group including all natives. Great bunch of lads, who don't bother or have time with self-pity. At the bottom of the pile of earners, is pakistan and bangladesh.

One oddity for 2017 is African at 3.21% of those locked up,. What's their actual population maybe 0.3-0.5%? About at 10th of that.

Can't imagine it's as high as that, but it would be significant anyway possibly closer to 10%? from 0.2% of the general pop.

11.5 % if I remember correctly immigrant prisoner's

Eng&Wales have themselves a curiosity also, the religion/ideology of 'peace' has approx 300% over representation in their jails. Go figure.
    They also have white males on a decrease, hard to believe if you read the Guardian or watch the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

You’re worried about less than peanuts financially speaking. Want to have a look at the hundreds of billions annually the same government doesn’t collect in tax owed from multinationals here. Which could not only fix every problem we have in Ireland in terms of health infrastructure and housing, it would make us one of the truly best countries in the world to live in. Were being fvcked over by corporations and funds and enabled by our government.

But sure. A few thousand refugees are really the problem and the blame.

Riiiiight.
    not collecting tax VS losing the multinationals to mainland EU?Would collecting that tax not seem like peanuts in that case? There's a whole load of areas around the likes of the banking bailout we probably agree onbut not taxes on the MNC's

As regards peanuts migrant refugee family from Bosnia was getting 100k in benefits every year over 20 years. That's significant. How many more families like that? I know we have plenty "of our own"
    I'm all for immigrants coming with skills or even young people looking to skill up - we need workers and fresh blood and fresh ideas tbh.
    Coming here to lie up on the most vulnerable in society... the PAYE taxpayer :-) uhhh not such a proponent of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

You’re worried about less than peanuts financially speaking. Want to have a look at the hundreds of billions annually the same government doesn’t collect in tax owed from multinationals here. Which could not only fix every problem we have in Ireland in terms of health infrastructure and housing, it would make us one of the truly best countries in the world to live in. Were being fvcked over by corporations and funds and enabled by our government.
    :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

That dope Higgins, what exactly was he apologising for? What attacts on migrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

But sure. A few thousand refugees are really the problem and the blame.

Riiiiight.

No it's when they keep coming infinite. There's your problem. Corporations not paying billions here in tax. Where's the proof?

not collecting tax VS losing the multinationals to mainland EU?Would collecting that tax not seem like peanuts in that case? There's a whole load of areas around the likes of the banking bailout we probably agree onbut not taxes on the MNC's

As regards peanuts migrant refugee family from Bosnia was getting 100k in benefits every year over 20 years. That's significant. How many more families like that? I know we have plenty "of our own"
    I'm all for immigrants coming with skills or even young people looking to skill up - we need workers and fresh blood and fresh ideas tbh.
    Coming here to lie up on the most vulnerable in society... the PAYE taxpayer :-) uhhh not such a proponent of that.

Is that not why direct provision was set up? To stop abuse of the system?
    Are refugees allowed work yet? Claim dole?
    No. They have to engage with DP if they want anything from the state.
    The way some post here you’d think the streets were awash with illegal immigrants who are here illegally...but also seem to be getting ‘free houses!’ Etc of the state. Ehhhh lads

The irony being direct provision boxes off refugees and stops them gaming the system.

But the morons have to attack the DP centers and stop more being built cos they don’t want the brown people near them.
    But as deeply flawed as dp is it stops the abuses of benefits happening.
    They don’t get it.
    The stupidity is boundless.

No it's when they keep coming infinite. There's your problem. Corporation not paying billions here in tax. Where's the proof?

Can’t tell if you’re being serious.
    You haven’t heard of the apple tax case no?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/ireland-is-the-world-s-biggest-corporate-tax-haven-say-academics-1.3528401?mode=amp

https://amp.ft.com/content/d6a75b56-215b-11e8-a895-1ba1f72c2c11

https://amp.ft.com/content/46e44b6c-c203-11e2-ab66-00144feab7de

Is that not why direct provision was set up? To stop abuse of the system?
    Are refugees allowed work yet? Claim dole?
    No. They have to engage with DP if they want anything from the state.
    The way some post here you’d think the streets were awash with illegal immigrants who are here illegally...but also seem to be getting ‘free houses!’ Etc of the state. Ehhhh lads

The irony being direct provision boxes off refugees and stops them gaming the system.

But the morons have to attack the DP centers and stop more being built cos they don’t want the brown people near them.
    But as deeply flawed as dp is it stops the abuses of benefits happening.
    They don’t get it.
    The stupidity is boundless.

So tell me this if the system works and refugees are being processed properly. Why have we massive backlogs and have to keep building DPCs. Oh yea they keep appealing when rejected. So the system gets fooked up eventually and just accepts them into the country to free up the system.

Owed to who. Us the state?, then prove it.

I take it you don’t have a job. If you did you’d know that taxes do you and I are compulsory. Whole different set of rules for FDI companies here.

You don’t have the basics even it seems.

You want to let corporations here away with paying their dues, but you’re against some refugees being here.

You’ll never guess which actually costs us more in the long and short term. (It’s not the refugees..the corporations will bail as soon as their tax free holiday is up and they’ll bail)

I take it you don’t have a job. If you did you’d know that taxes do you and I are compulsory. Whole different set of rules for FDI companies here.

You want to let corporations here away with paying their dues, but you’re against some refugees being here.

You’ll never guess which actually costs us more in the long and short term. (It’s not the refugees..the corporations will bail as soon as their tax free holiday is up and they’ll bail)

Know nothing about me mate. Didn't say anything about letting corporations away with anything. The question I asked do you think the state will get to spend that money. Seriously doubt it. Again spend on DPCs is up enormously since 2016. So yea I think it matters. The windfall from corp tax is an anomaly due to tax loops being closed so not to be dependant on long term and 10 odd companies paying most of it makes it volatile tax take due to relocation. Esri even stated this. Btw not going into big debate iv work tomorrow so thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Zero people have signed??

Over 1500 have signed.
    https://www.change.org/p/councilors-is-carrickmacross-becoming-a-lawless-town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

See Claire Byrne live is talking about all the centres and housing for refugees.

See Claire Byrne live is talking about all the centres and housing for refugees.

So much talk and yet not one question about Sth African's, Albanians, Georgians, Pakistanis and how they make up the vast majority of the numbers on the dodge here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jay0109 wrote: »
    So much talk and yet not one question about Sth African's, Albanians, Georgians, Pakistanis and how they make up the vast majority of the numbers on the dodge here

Laughable to be honest.....

They put two women on that are and have been in direct provision....

Both healthier looking then most I see having to get up and work....

Oh and look at how well groomed and nails etc....

My wife wouldn't have the time with work and us trying to pay a mortgage never mind actually having money to spend on either of us.

As you say not one serious question asked and it was honestly cringe worthy to watch.....

Wow we are been taken for complete mugs.

Thought the accents had a British twang also but yet they came here to be housed.

There isn't enough been done to shut this scam and then they get the Wicklow hotel owner on playing the poor me card....

He is rolling in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Pilly2019

BREAKING NEWS
    MICHAEL D BOLSHEVIK HIGGINS APOLOGISES TO THE PARENTS OF EBBA AKERLUND

LOL sorry not sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Do the activists who oppose DP not realise that it keeps a plug in the dam of limitless migration to here?

The number willing to move here is limitless.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Do the activists who oppose DP not realise that it keeps a plug in the dam of limitless migration to here?

The number willing to move here is limitless.

That's why they want DP gone and people put directly into houses...they want more asylum seekers coming here, a lot more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Apple are fully tax compliant in Ireland. It’s one of the main pillars of the states defence against collecting tax from apple for the rest of Europe.

It’s ridiculous watching people pi55 and moan about €13bn, when they have no clue what the €13bn is for, or who it is owed to. They come across as simpletons, and it’s generally the rabble that come up with the argument, so the tag fits.

You telling someone else they don't have the basics is fcuking hilarious. Irelands corporate tax rate is 12.5%, or 1/8 of profit. Do you seriously think Apple has made 104 BILLION of profit in Ireland?? I'd say they haven't even come near that in their entire existence. But, you have the basics sorted :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

<snip>
    Now lets see who has the basics - which is more beneficial to Ireland, multinational companies or refugees?
    Asylum seeker numbers are up 79% in the first 9 months of 2019 over 2018. I'd finda prefer if foreign direct investment was up 79% instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

New Danish Peer reviewed study finds that diversity is not a strength.

Does ethnic diversity erode social trust? Continued immigration and corresponding growing ethnic diversity have prompted this essential question for modern societies, but few clear answers have been reached in the sprawling literature. Taking this as point of departure, this article reviews the existing literature on the relationship between ethnic diversity and social trust through a narrative review and a meta-analysis of 1,001 estimates from 87 studies. The review clarifies the core concepts, highlights pertinent debates, and tests core claims from the literature on the relationship between ethnic diversity and social trust. Several results stand out from the meta-analysis. We find a statistically significant negative relationship between ethnic diversity and social trust across all studies. The relationship is stronger for trust in neighbors, and when studied in more local contexts. Covariate conditioning generally changes the relationship only slightly. The review concludes by discussing avenues for future research
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335924797_Ethnic_Diversity_and_Social_Trust_A_Narrative_and_Meta-Analytical_Review

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

New Danish Peer reviewed study finds that diversity is not a strength.

Maybe it would be if these ethnic groups would actually integrate but they won't. Even Eastern European and Asian ethnic groups in this country stick to themselves.

Advertisement