Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

PostWoke wrote: »
    Maybe it would be if these ethnic groups would actually integrate but they won't. Even Eastern European and Asian ethnic groups in this country stick to themselves.

Why would they integrate though? And integrate to what exactly..a hyper materialist consumerist society.
    A lack of integration is nobodys fault People sticking to their own is completely natural. They're not to blame for wishing to carry on their cultural/religious/ethnic traditions within their own communities.

The people at fault here are those who believe that mixing all these cultures together will somehow work out, and that they will all drop or cast off their identities.They won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

We are only coming up to another down turn and again the worker will be hit and have to tighten their belts as they like to say....

We had a recession and many Irish had to leave to get work or stay here and collect the dole.....

Many many of these didn't want to leave but in order to afford to live, pay a mortgage and bring up their kids etc they had to leave to get employment....

Now we have more then ever coming into Europe and here in Ireland and we will be paying to house these and feed them for the rest of their lives.

They can then also bring other family members in under reunification.

Seriously when is it going to actually hit those that think this is great?

We can't help everyone but yet the activists seem to thing we have a never ending money train and we must take in everyone and anyone.

So many are coming here aren't even coming from any war zone or in fear of their life for real but yet they are awarded leave to stay....

How much more taxes will we need to keep this rolling.

Private ran set ups such as the previous hotels and B&Bs and so on are rolling in it providing rooms at extortionate rates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 johnmc76

We are only coming up to another down turn and again the worker will be hit and have to tighten their belts as they like to say....

We had a recession and many Irish had to leave to get work or stay here and collect the dole.....

Many many of these didn't want to leave but in order to afford to live, pay a mortgage and bring up their kids etc they had to leave to get employment....

Now we have more then ever coming into Europe and here in Ireland and we will be paying to house these and feed them for the rest of their lives.

They can then also bring other family members in under reunification.

Seriously when is it going to actually hit those that think this is great?

We can't help everyone but yet the activists seem to thing we have a never ending money train and we must take in everyone and anyone.

So many are coming here aren't even coming from any war zone or in fear of their life for real but yet they are awarded leave to stay....

How much more taxes will we need to keep this rolling.

Private ran set ups such as the previous hotels and B&Bs and so on are rolling in it providing rooms at extortionate rates.

When the Bleeding Hearts or the scumbags who are enriching themselves off this have to start practicing what they preach this will end. Guaranteed the majority of D15 people outraged over the phony Provision Centre banner were shouting "Let Them in." not too long ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Another terrorist attack in Germany today by a Syrian asylum seeker who stole a van and ploughed into 7 vehicles shouting about Allah. I wonder how carefully vetted he was? Walk around any city in Ireland or Europe and you'll see the strategically placed barriers, often huge reinforced plant pots to distract from what they are, intended to stop a fundamentalist Muslim from going on a killing spree in a vehicle. But speaking about that is shot down as racism/Islamophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ever wonder how big a busisness this whole refugee/migrant thing is ?

Here is job in Wicklow for a Resettlement Support Worker.

Job for the lads/lassies.

https://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Resettlement-Spport-Worker-8387513.aspx
    Description

Objective: The main objectives of the role is to support Syrian refugees in the first week’s post arrival in the community. In the longer term, to develop programmes and activities to promote participation and inclusion in society and to develop mechanisms that promote self- sufficiency and independent living.

Qualifications/Experience

3rd Level qualification in Community Development, Development Education or a Social Science discipline

A minimum of 3 years work experience in a developmental role or at least,

1 years’ experience working in an intercultural environment or At least 5 years work experience in a developmental role in a community context.
    A current full driving licence and access to own transport is essential

Salary €47,000

BTW who pays for this and how many more of these jobs are on the go throughout the country ?

Not one mention of language skills.
    Then again they couldn't even proof read the job title in the ad so not much hope for them being any good with languages.
    Resettlement Spport Worker

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Respond in 2017 paid 1.32m to 11 top management people...120k average. That includes employers contribution to PRSI and pensions.

Average pay amongst the 115 staff members is 64k including PRSI and pensions.

Nice work if you can get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

PostWoke wrote: »
    Maybe it would be if these ethnic groups would actually integrate but they won't. Even Eastern European and Asian ethnic groups in this country stick to themselves.

Ironically my closest mate is Polish. He has been living here for over 12 years now. I met him through an Irish mate of mine who's misses is Asian and moved here when she was five I think, she was young anyway.

Irish diaspora conjugate with their own nationality just like every other nationality does. There is nothing new about this. My big issues when the immigrant/migrants/refugees culture is not compatible with the host nationalities they expect for the host nation to adapt to them and their culture and set of values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

jmayo wrote: »
    Ever wonder how big a busisness this whole refugee/migrant thing is ?
    Here is job in Wicklow for a Resettlement Support Worker.
    Description
    Objective: The main objectives of the role is to support Syrian refugees in the first week’s post arrival in the community. In the longer term, to develop programmes and activities to promote participation and inclusion in society and to develop mechanisms that promote self- sufficiency and independent living.

In recent months, Syrians haven't even featured anywhere in the top5 source of applicants. Instead it's been all the war-torn(?) Albanians, Georgians, South Africa, Pakistan and so on.
    So really won't be much work for them to do on above avg salaries, while they process (inc appeals) all the other much less genuine cases, at the actual expense of the Syrians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Ironically my closest mate is Polish. He has been living here for over 12 years now. I met him through an Irish mate of mine who's misses is Asian and moved here when she was five I think, she was young anyway.

Irish diaspora conjugate with their own nationality just like every other nationality does. There is nothing new about this. My big issues when the immigrant/migrants/refugees culture is not compatible with the host nationalities they expect for the host nation to adapt to them and their culture and set of values.

I haven’t seen any examples of any immigrants demanding we adapt to their culture? There is (or was) a Chinese New Year festival ran by DCC I think a few years running...hardly forced on anyone. Cant think of any others?

blueshade wrote: »
    Another terrorist attack in Germany today by a Syrian asylum seeker who stole a van and ploughed into 7 vehicles shouting about Allah. I wonder how carefully vetted he was? Walk around any city in Ireland or Europe and you'll see the strategically placed barriers,

Except Poland, Hungary, Czech Rep. and Slovak Rep. They don't have those eye sore barriers. I can't for the life of me wonder why. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I haven’t seen any examples of any immigrants demanding we adapt to their culture?

Ali Selim comes to mind.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/islamic-dress-code-should-be-accommodated-in-schools-group-1.3346343?mode=amp

"Islamic dress code should be accommodated in schools - group

Irish Muslim Board calls for clothes with crucifixes to be made optional

A Muslim campaign group says school uniforms should accommodate Islamic dress codes by allowing girls to wear full-length skirts, long-sleeved shirts and headscarves.

The Irish Muslim Board has also called for school uniforms which have crucifix symbols or images of saints to be made optional in the interests of creating greater inclusivity.

The recommendations are contained in the board’s submission to a Department of Education consultation process over school admission policies.

The group, chaired by Dr Ali Selim, was formed in 2016 to encourage Muslims to become more politically active."

Geuze wrote: »
    Ali Selim comes to mind.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/islamic-dress-code-should-be-accommodated-in-schools-group-1.3346343?mode=amp

A Muslim campaign group says school uniforms should accommodate Islamic dress codes by allowing girls to wear full-length skirts, long-sleeved shirts and headscarves.

The Irish Muslim Board has also called for school uniforms which have crucifix symbols or images of saints to be made optional in the interests of creating greater inclusivity.

The recommendations are contained in the board’s submission to a Department of Education consultation process over school admission policies.

The group, chaired by Dr Ali Selim, was formed in 2016 to encourage Muslims to become more politically active."

So they're signing up for Catholic schools and then complaining about seeing the crucifix? This is the same as Atheists that sign their kids up to Catholic schools and act shocked and appalled that there's a morning prayer. Both should be met with derision and ridicule along with a hearty "**** off".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This the same guy that believes FGM is ok ,also threatened to sue Irish media if any published the Mohammad cartoons a few years back .

Geuze wrote: »
    Ali Selim comes to mind.

If you did a little further research you’d find Selim is a total wackball and totally ignored by govt and media outside the worst like 98fm having him on to stir up some outrage ratings

**none of his demands WRT schools were implemented anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How do those who insist we need immigration to cover future pension funding square that position with being so enthusiastic about abortion ( which reduces the number of future pension provision donors)?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    How do those who insist we need immigration to cover future pension funding square that position with being so enthusiastic about abortion ( which reduces the number of future pension provision donors)?

I’d be far more worried about our Brain drain owing to all the factors like impossible rents and housing crisis.
    We’ve a highly skilled workforce and we’ve lost 400,000 people to emigration since 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

If you did a little further research you’d find Selim is a total wackball and totally ignored by govt and media outside the worst like 98fm having him on to stir up some outrage ratings

**none of his demands WRT schools were implemented anywhere.

Ehhh didn't the media were very very fond of old Ali until of course he annoyed women (or more correctly feminists) with his FGM statement.

The media (including RTE) were more than happy to have him make statements about segregation of girls in schools, no male teachers for girls, the need to ban cartoons of old mohammed.
    He was one of the go to interviewees for anything muslim.

Some of us were talking about him being a shyte long before he mentioned FGM.

I am not allowed discuss …

We’ve a highly skilled workforce and we’ve lost 400,000 people to emigration since 2012.

I believe your figures are wrong

But now many have come in .

700,000 + immigrants here

Gatling wrote: »
    But now many have come in .

700,000 + immigrants here

Wasn’t really my point. Lot of Immigrants are probably unlikely to stay here for life. Come, do their degree while working crappy shifts in centra or wherever, and Leave once qualified. So they’re not really replacing the brain drain we have

Wasn’t really my point. Lot of Immigrants are probably unlikely to stay here for life. Come, do their degree while working crappy shifts in centra or wherever, and Leave once qualified. So they’re not really replacing the brain drain we have

There not leaving thought if anything more are coming a lot more

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    There not leaving thought if anything more are coming a lot more

Well you can break down immigration into several different strands even without data (I don’t have the data). The ones the come for education or even set up businesses don’t stay for life. I’d put polish and Chinese in there. And a lot of Brazilians too.
    The other strands come here to make a better life cos their country is crap.
    We can’t really complain about immigration when we hav thousands of our own emigrating same time. It balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

We can’t really complain about immigration when we hav thousands of our own emigrating same time. It balances out.
    You think 1000s of Irish moving to large English-speaking countries is the same as 1000s of people from Nigeria/South Africa/Pakistan moving here.

vriesmays wrote: »
    You think 1000s of Irish moving to large English-speaking countries is the same as 1000s of people from Nigeria/South Africa/Pakistan moving here.

Clearly you do. What’s the difference in your view?

**as an aside there are three million UK immigrants living all over Europe. A massive number.. Is that somehow different?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Clearly you do. What’s the difference in your view?
    There are many. Different cultural backgrounds being one, a bigger one being that they quite simply stand out among the background population in the way White German, French Polish, etc don't. This leads to more alienation, racism, less access to the job market etc, which in turn leads to larger percentages of immigrants and especially their descendants rating higher than the locals for poverty, social problems and crime. This is reflected in every single "multicultural" nation in Europe that has run this damned stupid experiment, whether because of ex empires gone kaput, or the top down push for this damned stupid experiment on the part of business and government.

On this top down push, the usual one that's trotted out is a falling population and birthrate. What's inconvenient for the purveyors of this guff is this does not apply to Ireland. We've the highest birthrate in the EU, our population is growing already without any immigration. Never mind that at the same time we're getting the end is nigh guff from the same mouthpieces about the environment and climate change, when the single best thing we could do as a species and individually is have fewer kids and lower populations. Yet we hear some of these cross eyed gobsh1tes talking about how Ireland could easily sustain 10+ million people(followed by some guff about the pre Famine population. Who were dirt fcuking poor, barely subsisting). Then again only last week that hollow headed fool from the Greens was talking about reintroducing wolves to Ireland so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So what do you suggest we do? Take back control of our borders? (Please no don’t say that)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

**as an aside there are three million UK immigrants living all over Europe. A massive number.. Is that somehow different?

How many of those 3 million UK immigrants are claiming to be asylum seekers? None, because A. they have the right to be in Europe and to be in those countries and B. they aren't expecting the host countries to provide them with food, clothing, education, housing, free medical care etc. Many, if not most of them will be working and contributing with skills those countries need and not be engaged in sham marriages or working in the black economy as delivery drivers/taxi drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

So what do you suggest we do? Take back control of our borders? (Please no don’t say that)

Try not to recreate the problems of Yugoslavia in Ireland? Can we try that?

I'm always bemused that its commonly presented as ludicrous for nation states to set effective policies in the interests of their own nationals, but common wisdom that all governments across the world can simultaneously co-ordinate to slow, stop or even reverse global climate change.

blueshade wrote: »
    How many of those 3 million UK immigrants are claiming to be asylum seekers? None, because A. they have the right to be in Europe and to be in those countries and B. they aren't expecting the host countries to provide them with food, clothing, education, housing, free medical care etc. Many, if not most of them will be working and contributing with skills those countries need and not be engaged in sham marriages or working in the black economy as delivery drivers/taxi drivers.

So they’re ok but then other ones aren’t. Is it cos theyre black?

Wonder will you be so open minded about English immigrants when thousands of them start moving here if it’s no deal brexit.

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Try not to recreate the problems of Yugoslavia in Ireland? Can we try that?

I'm always bemused that its commonly presented as ludicrous for nation states to set effective policies in the interests of their own nationals, but common wisdom that all governments across the world can simultaneously co-ordinate to slow, stop or even reverse global climate change.

We had our own much longer running version of that up north.

Advertisement