Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

For “US” to be owed €14bn (12.5%) in tax, Apple would have to have made over €104 BILLION in PROFIT in Ireland.

Do you think Apple has made €104bn in profit in Ireland?? Over €150 BILLION IN SALES????

The government and EU seem to think so. They’re in court over 14 billion.
    Are you unable to use google or something? Why might that be I can’t imagine.
    Ps apples European HQ is in Ireland so they have to pay taxes in relation to that Eu operation. Here. In an Eu Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gatling wrote: »
    No the people in oughterard love their home and town and stood up for themselves .

Unlike those hiding behind keyboards making **** up

Really though a lot of it was people from the outside directing it and inflaming it. They have moved to Carrickmackross now

They're following a playbook learned from the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/07/far-right-swooping-on-towns-to-exploit-tensions-report-says

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

enricoh wrote: »
    Ive yet to meet anyone here that had anything positive to say about roma gypsies. The people that despised them the most were romanian!

OK, you can count me in: when growing up, a neighboring family was of Roma origin - a Christian family, living of a legal business, and well respected in the community. Had no complaints about them, and didn't start judging them on the back of other wrong doers of same ethnicity.
    Actually, I think Roma, with their 12 million of individuals spread across Europe are an European issue; they've been with us for more than 900 years, in past they've been our slaves, during Holocaust 25% of Roma population was killed by the nazis, later didn't get enough apologies for it; even more recent years we know of examples when their women had forced sterilizations (in Czech republic)... so overall I think Romas have been the most persecuted ethnic group in Europe for centuries; if their children are still not educated today, I think it is Europes failure.

PS: Looking at Romania's population, Romas are a minority (think around 3.3%) I know Romanian's annoyed at the Roma palaces their "leaders" build in town centres- these "palaces" are rather distasteful.

mvl wrote: »
    OK, you can count me in: when growing up, a neighboring family was of Roma origin - a Christian family, living of a legal business, and well respected in the community. Had no complaints about them, and didn't start judging them on the back of other wrong doers of same ethnicity.
    Actually, I think Roma, with their 12 million of individuals spread across Europe are an European issue; they've been with us for more than 900 years, in past they've been our slaves, during Holocaust 25% of Roma population was killed by the nazis, later didn't get enough apologies for it; even more recent years we know of examples when their women had forced sterilizations (in Czech republic)... so overall I think Romas have been the most persecuted ethnic group in Europe for centuries; if their children are still not educated today, I think it is Europes failure.

PS: Looking at Romania's population, Romas are a minority (think around 3.3%) I know Romanian's annoyed at the Roma palaces their "leaders" build in town centres- these "palaces" are rather distasteful.

Off topic but the Kurds are getting slaughtered again in an entirely different country from last time.
    I don’t know their history at all but they seem to be subject to genocide wherever they go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

My head hurts...

Definitely one of those threads that you have a quick scan through and then back away slowly.

• Advertisement

Won't even attempt an answer. Pathetic.

Did the German girl not have a right to live in safety in her own country?

Ps you’re a re reg account and every post with a mental fat right anti everything dent in it. You’re best ignored tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Really though a lot of it was people from the outside directing it and inflaming it.

This was claimed by lots of people but from the videos and interviews it was local people ,

This is going to be the excuse whenever anyone speaks up it's far right infiltrators , let's blame fictious outplayers for causing people to stand up and say no

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I can't control the actions of others. As in I can't stop people burning down buildings.....
    I don't really care either way. I can't control it so why worry. Iv enough to be stressed about.
    It doesn't really effect me anyway.
    Does it directly affect you?

Yes it does. It damages my human rights. It damages my friends human rights. It damages my countrys human rights. It creates a culture of fascist hate in my country.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This was claimed by lots of people but from the videos and interviews it was local people ,

This is going to be the excuse whenever anyone speaks up it's far right infiltrators , let's blame fictious outplayers for causing people to stand up and say no

There are online groups demonstrably organizing to target that next town
    A protest kicked off against one of their leaders on twitter. He was using go fund me to raise money for ‘materials’ for the carrickmacross endeavor and had raised €3500.

Go fund me closed down his account today when they reviewed the evidence.

So please. Don’t try say it isn’t agitators coming into these towns to cause trouble when it demonstratably is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Yes it does. It damages my human rights. It damages my friends human rights. It damages my countrys human rights. It creates a culture of fascist hate in my country.

Oh I see. Iv never heard the phrase " damaged human rights" but anyway if that's how you feel you should definitely do something about it.
    Talking about it online won't make any difference. You need to do something in real life to repair human rights

• Advertisement

Tell us again how it isn’t infiltrators??

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1180451165571633158?s=21

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1181525236531040256?s=21

Who is this Mark Maloney character? Some kind of self pronounced anti fascist or just another crusty with too much time on his hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Who is this Mark Maloney character? Some kind of self pronounced anti fascist or just another crusty with too much time on his hands?

A “deplatforming” fascist with no self awareness from the look of it, the ironing is delicious

He shows one thing that the likes of mcguirk also shows in the opposite direction.

How easy it is to rile people up online and activate them.

One for good one for bad in this example.

Oh I see. Iv never heard the phrase " damaged human rights" but anyway if that's how you feel you should definitely do something about it.
    Talking about it online won't make any difference. You need to do something in real life to repair human rights

Thanks for the advice

Terry Pratchet

Thanks for the advice

They don’t see our immigrant friends as human so they don’t see them as being worthy or deserving of those rights. Crux of the issue.

He shows one thing that the likes of mcguirk also shows in the opposite direction.

How easy it is to rile people up online and activate them.

One for good one for bad in this example.

As long as he is happy in what he is doing that's all that matters. But like I said to Joey the parrot in a post above talking online does nothing. This Maloney guy should turn up to these events in person and air his view and points.

As long as he is happy in what he is doing that's all that matters. But like I said to Joey the parrot in a post above talking online does nothing. This Maloney guy should turn up to these events in person and air his view and points.

What would that achieve? At best a waste of Gardai resources trying to keep two groups of headbangers apart from fighting?

He neutered that hate funding online pretty easily and effectively.

And peacefully

What would that achieve? At best a waste of Gardai resources trying to keep two groups of headbangers apart from fighting?

He neutered that hate funding online pretty easily and effectively.

And peacefully

That's true. He did torpedo that fund raiser. I can't argue that point.

They don’t see our immigrant friends as human so they don’t see them as being worthy or deserving of those rights. Crux of the issue.

Alot of our immigrants don't believe in equal rights and some people are aboinations .

It seems it's the opposite of what you claim

• Advertisement

Alot of our immigrants don't believe in equal rights and some people are aboinations .

It seems it's the opposite of what you claim

Free world. Entitled to their opinions.
    They’ll come around and can’t and wouldn’t act out on any violent urges against gay people or trans or whatever. They just wouldn’t.
    They blend in and get on with it.

Free world. Entitled to their opinions.

Except others you and others want deplatformed aren't entitled ?

Explain this

They’ll come around and can’t and wouldn’t act out on any violent urges against gay people or trans or whatever. They just wouldn’t

Except others you and others want deplatformed aren't entitled ?

Explain this

They’ll come around and can’t and wouldn’t act out on any violent urges against gay people or trans or whatever. They just wouldn’t

Incitement to hatred is one thing. Fundraising online to incite hatred is a whole other far more serious thing. These people have done arson attacks on dp centers.

If you need the second quote explained to you maybe this forum isn’t for you I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JonnyHanlon

Wouldn’t say that out loud on the shankill or many parts of certain British cities

So you believe, generally speaking, that significant differences of culture exist between Irish and English? You might explain that to me. Do you think that English people arriving to live into Ireland would have difficulty working and fitting in to our society? You might contrast this to a family from Syria/ Somalia arriving into the country? I look forward to your explanation.

Incitement to hatred is one thing.

If you need the second quote explained to you maybe this forum isn’t for you I dunno.

Entitled to opinion you said ,then claimed they just wouldn't based off what exactly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

They’ll come around and can’t and wouldn’t act out on any violent urges against gay people or trans or whatever. They just wouldn’t.
    They blend in and get on with it.

What bullsh1te is this kind of statement?
    You haven't a notion what they will do or how they will act.

So you believe, generally speaking,

He claimed something about the polish in England ,
    Then mass deportations involving the army ! According to his /her daddy

So you believe, generally speaking, that significant differences of culture exist between Irish and English? You might explain that to me. Do you think that English people arriving to live into Ireland would have difficulty working and fitting in to our society? You might contrast this to a family from Syria/ Somalia arriving into the country? I look forward to your explanation.

It’s about identity. Two very very different cultural identities. You have hardcore nut jobs here in Ireland (probably many on here) who are Man U til they die. But they’re also rabidly nationalist and republican leaning in the aggressive way.

Your example is a surface one. Sure it all looks fine and the same on the surface. They might even share the same anti immigrant stance as the English counterparts.

Scratch that surface even a bit and it’s radically different though.

**ask the Brits to stop selling weapons to the Turks to bomb Syria and we wouldn’t have Syrian immigrants. Believe Theresa May’s husband is the CEO of one of those weapons companies

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    What bullsh1te is this kind of statement?
    You haven't a notion what they will do or how they will act.

I’ve had homophobic abuse and a good few beatings in my life. Loads of verbal abuse mainly. But never once on either case from any immigrant. Always ‘our own’.

You haven’t a notion what you’re talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 JonnyHanlon

It’s about identity. Two very very different cultural identities. You have hardcore nut jobs here in Ireland (probably many on here) who are Man U til they die. But they’re also rabidly nationalist and republican leaning in the aggressive way.

Your example is a surface one. Sure it all looks fine and the same on the surface. They might even share the same anti immigrant stance as the English counterparts.

Scratch that surface even a bit and it’s radically different though.

**ask the Brits to stop selling weapons to the Turks to bomb Syria and we wouldn’t have Syrian immigrants. Believe Theresa May’s husband is the CEO of one of those weapons companies

Ok thanks for your reply in relation to the first question, can you explain the second question in relation to contrasting the difficulties an English family will face moving to our country versus a family from Somalia/ Syria? Thanks

Advertisement