Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Gatling wrote: »
    In your opinion

You have to be kidding. You clearly don’t know many English immigrant who grew up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JonnyHanlon

Quote: JonnyHanlon
    Ok thanks for your reply in relation to the first question, can you explain the second question in relation to contrasting the difficulties an English family will face moving to our country versus a family from Somalia/ Syria? Thanks

The Syrian family will face regular stealth racism and probably frequent open racism.

The English family will too but far more stealthily except for the kids who will probably get a hard time in school for being english, depending where they live.
    That’s been the experience of most English kids that grow up here and went through out school system.

So both families will be victimized in your eyes. Why is that a surprising position for you to take.. eye roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You have to be kidding.

No .

Don't reply with abuse either

We can all be victims if we choose to be. That's a very sad existence though. I think I'll choose not to view the world through those glasses thank you very much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 johnmc76

We can all be victims if we choose to be. That's a very sad existence though. I think I'll choose not to view the world through those glasses thank you very much.

The Left are all about being victims now. Even if the majority of it is self imposed.

• Advertisement

So both families will be victimized in your eyes. Why is that a surprising position for you to take.. eye roll.

Answered your question. What do I think would happen them both here?
    Answered.

Jaysis the goalposts are on turntables tonight lads

Answered your question. What do I think would happen them both here?
    Answered.

Jaysis the goalposts are on turntables tonight lads

Indeed your answer is that Irish will be racist either overtly or stealthily.

You didnt mention any practical differences such as language differences or traditional cultural differences. Nothing practical whatsoever lol.

100 percent victimhood. Pitiful existence.

Indeed your answer is that Irish will be racist either overtly or stealthily.

You didnt mention any practical differences such as language differences or traditional cultural differences. Nothing practical whatsoever lol.

100 percent victimhood. Pitiful existence.

There’s quite a few syrian regugee families that have been welcomed open arms into towns and villages around Ireland. That’s brilliant. I welcome them open arms. I’d love if me and mine could find similar refuge if it was happening here. Few distant relatives did back in the past when they had to leave these shores.

Think you’re misreading me. Hopefully not intentionally.

There’s quite a few syrian regugee families that have been welcomed open arms into towns and villages around Ireland. That’s brilliant. I welcome them open arms. I’d love if me and mine could find similar refuge if it was happening here. Few distant relatives did back in the past when they had to leave these shores.

Think you’re misreading me. Hopefully not intentionally.

Ok thanks for your reply in relation to the first question, can you explain the second question in relation to contrasting the difficulties an English family will face moving to our country versus a family from Somalia/ Syria? Thanks

The Syrian family will face regular stealth racism and probably frequent open racism.

The English family will too but far more stealthily except for the kids who will probably get a hard time in school for being english, depending where they live.
    That’s been the experience of most English kids that grow up here and went through out school system.

Your reply is clear Irish will be racist towards both either overtly or stealthily. Very insulting to Irish in my opinion.

Your reply is clear Irish will be racist towards both either overtly or stealthily. Very insulting to Irish in my opinion.

Ehh have you read this thread?? It’s Irish people (well..that’s debatable) and they aren’t exactly loving our immigrant pals.

Exposing yourself there a bit

• Advertisement

Ehh have you read this thread?? It’s Irish people (well..that’s debatable) and they aren’t exactly loving our immigrant pals.

There are many reasons for opposing a migrant resettlement that dont include a semblance of racism. Various practical difficulties exist.

To state that the Irish people are racist is extremely insulting to the Irish people.

You wont get a single Irish person on your side starting with that base of reasoning. That the Irish are racist. We are one of the most compassionate countries in the world with a fantastic tradition of educated persons and charity. Your comments are disgusting. Shame on you.

There are many reasons for opposing a migrant resettlement that dont include a semblance of racism. Various practical difficulties exist.

To state that the Irish people are racist is extremely insulting to the Irish people.

Well we agree on something. I’m ashamed and embarrassed of the ugly minded and cowardly attempts at division and racism here on boards.

It isn’t who we are in Ireland. Which is why i suggested a lot of those posting that stuff aren’t actually posting from Ireland. Never mind actually being from here.

We’re better than that :) much much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Stumbled upon one to read, by Douglas Murray:
    Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam

Quote from an NPR interview

SIEGEL: If what you call the strange death of Europe is - if it remains a process rather than a condition, what would be your solution to reverse the process?
    MURRAY: The first solution is very straightforward. It is that you slow down the flow. I don't say no migrants into Europe. I don't say that at all. But you've got to massively slow down the flow because a society doesn't have a hope of remaining cohesive when you have migration at these levels. The second thing is you work on the people who are already here more. The third thing is that you make it clear that as well as speaking the language of inclusion in our politics, we have to speak the language of exclusion - what it is that we won't tolerate as well as what it is that we do and what it is we will be tolerant of.
    There's a whole set of other things. One of them is a very basic one, which is to try to shrug off what I diagnose as, among other things, the guilt-ridden complex that Europe has. I'm not advocating that we become sort of, you know, patriotic nationalists. You've got to find a balance here. And one of the balances has to be arrived at by recognizing a very simple fact, which is that Europe cannot be the home for everybody in the world who wants to move in and call it home.

. Which is why i suggested a lot of those posting that stuff aren’t actually posting from Ireland. Never mind actually being from here.

Maybe the army can free up a few FCA types to investigate your claim.

Doubt you will like the answer

The fine people of Oughterard weren't foreign claiming to be Irish.

(Where do we fine theses conspiracy theorists)

Gatling wrote: »
    Maybe the army can free up a few FCA types to investigate your claim.

Doubt you will like the answer

The fine people of Oughterard weren't foreign claiming to be Irish.

(Where do we fine theses conspiracy theorists)

You’d love the army in any form turning up wouldn’t you. Suit your desired optics all the way

You’d love the army in any form turning up wouldn’t you. Suit your desired optics all the way

What desire is this now

Bloody Germans are better at this than anyone
    (And theyre white!!)

https://twitter.com/drrubidium/status/1181719327009050625?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bloody Germans are better at this than anyone
    (And theyre white!!)

https://twitter.com/drrubidium/status/1181719327009050625?s=21

I don't think that argument ever really works, attempting to deflect negative criticism from acts of violence of crime by immigrants as most look at it as importing a problem on top of the existing problems.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I don't think that argument ever really works, attempting to deflect negative criticism from acts of violence of crime by immigrants as most look at it as importing a problem on top of the existing problems.

There’s many many posts above generalizing beyond reason based on one clowns actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The government and EU seem to think so. They’re in court over 14 billion.
    Are you unable to use google or something? Why might that be I can’t imagine.
    Ps apples European HQ is in Ireland so they have to pay taxes in relation to that Eu operation. Here. In an Eu Country.

Hahahahahahaha, you haven’t even got the basics. Let the grown ups talk. Good lad.

Incitement to hatred is one thing. Fundraising online to incite hatred is a whole other far more serious thing. These people have done arson attacks on dp centers.

If you need the second quote explained to you maybe this forum isn’t for you I dunno.

You got any evidencs of them committing arson?? That’s quite a libellous statement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Another African asylum seeker in Clare is complaining about being in DP for 2 years, no mention of the fact that he's there that long not because he's waiting on a decision but because his asylum claim failed and he's going to appeal and appeal and appeal until eventually, after costing us tens of thousands of euro to provide for him and pay his legal fees, he will be given Leave to Remain. I love the way these people founded a group calling themselves MASI, the only places they migrated to where the airport in whatever part of Africa they come from on a one way flight to Europe. We should not be giving Foreign Aid to any country whose citizens are coming to Europe claiming asylum, whether those claims are genuine or not and countries like Nigeria who refuse to take back their failed asylum seeking citizens who have destroyed their passports should be fined.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

How will you prevent a murder happening in Ireland? We've already seen what your side did with arson in Rooskey and murder in Utoya, Christchurch and Batley and Spen

1200 women attacked on one night in Germany. How do keep this type of third world scum out?

Come on lib, let's hear your solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Yes it does. It damages my human rights. It damages my friends human rights. It damages my countrys human rights. It creates a culture of fascist hate in my country.

You talk about the human rights you enjoy in this country and then the next minute you openly want to import people into the country that are very often diametrically opposed to a lot of those human rights.
    Talk about a prime example of the cognitive dissonance of certain people.
    I’ve had homophobic abuse and a good few beatings in my life. Loads of verbal abuse mainly. But never once on either case from any immigrant. Always ‘our own’.

You haven’t a notion what you’re talking about.

I always considered being homosexual to be just a different sexual orientation and never as some eejits often claimed a mental disorder.

But I am seriously reconsidering due to the amount of LGBT people around here who are always vehemently advocating the importation of people from some of the most backward societies on the planet who subscribe to beliefs, cultural ideas and religious ideologies that detest, despise and often want to kill people who are homosexual.

As they say it is like watching turkeys voting for christmas.

I just can't understand it, it would be akin to a country in Africa welcoming David Duke and members of the KKK.
    Ps you’re afraid of immigrants coming against women or gays??

Our papers and radio are littered with weekly appearances from religious fundamentalism in the form of David Quinn and Iona institute almost daily

If you’re afraid of religious fundamentalism you should be in all its forms. Not just the one hasn’t happened here yet.
    We have plenty of our own.

David Quinn backward and myopic as he is, is in the halfpenny place in comparison to what some of the new, and not so new, arrivals to Europe subscribe to and believe.

Stop the shyte that all fundamentalists are the same. :rolleyes:

BTW when was the last time a cleric in the catholic church, church of ireland, etc advocated the death of homosexuals ?

When was the last time a cleric in the catholic church, church of ireland, etc advocated the beating of wives ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

1200 women attacked on one night in Germany. How do keep this type of third world scum out?

Come on lib, let's hear your solutions.

... that seems high, does that figure come from an article perchance?

You got any evidencs of them committing arson?? That’s quite a libellous statement.

Let the grown ups talk :) good lad

https://www.masi.ie/2019/01/16/attacks-on-direct-provision-centres-movement-of-asylum-seekers-in-ireland-anti-racism-network-joint-statement/

Recent arson attacks include hotels in Moville, Co Donegal and Rooskey, Co Roscommon.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/direct-provision-arson-attacks-may-make-property-owners-reluctant-report-1.3987558

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Masi are campaigning for an end to DP. They are hoping to see applicants given housing and full social welfare rights. Also access to free third level education.

A snowballs chance in hell of that happening I would think. No harm in trying though

jmayo wrote: »
    You talk about the human rights you enjoy in this country and then the next minute you openly want to import people into the country that are very often diametrically opposed to a lot of those human rights.
    Talk about a prime example of the cognitive dissonance of certain people.

I always considered being homosexual to be just a different sexual orientation and never as some eejits often claimed a mental disorder.

But I am seriously reconsidering due to the amount of LGBT people around here who are always vehemently advocating the importation of people from some of the most backward societies on the planet who subscribe to beliefs, cultural ideas and religious ideologies that detest, despise and often want to kill people who are homosexual.

As they say it is like watching turkeys voting for christmas.

I just can't understand it, it would be akin to a country in Africa welcoming David Duke and members of the KKK.

David Quinn backward and myopic as he is, is in the halfpenny place in comparison to what some of the new, and not so new, arrivals to Europe subscribe to and believe.

Stop the shyte that all fundamentalists are the same. :rolleyes:

BTW when was the last time a cleric in the catholic church, church of ireland, etc advocated the death of homosexuals ?

When was the last time a cleric in the catholic church, church of ireland, etc advocated the beating of wives ?

We had that Pope (who looked strangely like Palpatine) calling all gay people ‘intrinsically evil’.
    And he was the actual head of that church with far more followers by millions. Not some headbanger priest in suburban Dublin.
    The head of the Catholic Church actually said that

Quite a difference.

• Advertisement

I've no idea what those articles are meant to prove?

You have named people who were crowdfunding, then stated that "These people have done arson attacks on dp centers".

If you had named me and made that allegation, without any evidence to back it up, you would be hearing from my solicitors, as would Boards, for allowing such scurrilous and defamatory accusations.

Advertisement