Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Masi are campaigning for an end to DP. They are hoping to see applicants given housing and full social welfare rights. Also access to free third level education.

A snowballs chance in hell of that happening I would think. No harm in trying though

Funny thing about people that object to DP. On both sides.
    If they looked at the company who have the tender to operate the centers that would be a brilliant and legitimate target for their anger.

I've no idea what those articles are meant to prove?

You have named people who were crowdfunding, then stated that "These people have done arson attacks on dp centers".

If you had named me and made that allegation, without any evidence to back it up, you would be hearing from my solicitors, as would Boards, for allowing such scurrilous and defamatory accusations.

So the people who protest against DP obviously arent anything to do with the people attacking the centers. They were just fundraising that money fo posters.ooooookaaaaayy

Looks like I have a real live gemmaroid in person. Reaching for the solicitors number already :)

You far right wannabes are gas. Go full headbanger!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Funny thing about people that object to DP. On both sides.
    If they looked at the company who have the tender to operate the centers that would be a brilliant and legitimate target for their anger.

I know the owner of a failed hotel that is now a DP centre. This guy was no stranger to posting anti immigrant stuff on his social media. Once the money was waved in his face he miraculously changed his tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So the people who protest against DP obviously arent anything to do with the people attacking the centers. They were just fundraising that money fo posters.ooooookaaaaayy

Looks like I have a real live gemmaroid in person. Reaching for the solicitors number already :)

You far right wannabes are gas. Go full headbanger!

You have some evidence to back that up I presume??

I know the owner of a failed hotel that is now a DP centre. This guy was no stranger to posting anti immigrant stuff on his social media. Once the money was waved in his face he miraculously changed his tune.

Oh I don’t mean the owners. The company that actually runs the centers once they’re open.

• Advertisement

Oh I don’t mean the owners. The company that actually runs the centers once they’re open.

They can't be got at though. Owners can and are often locals themselves. If the owners don't play ball then hey presto there are no dp centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Regardless of whether the people who are protesting are responsible for the arson attacks or not the message is very clear. They don't want these centres anywhere near them.
    Amazing how a government who promise to look after the nation won't listen to the people.
    We've gotten to a stage where every county town in Ireland is full of foreign nationals.
    People are being brought in here who can't speak our language and taking an oath they don't even understand. They are just being told to say yes or I do.
    There is no security check worth a damn being done on these people. We could be taking in murderers, rapists and other criminals with multiple previous crimes.
    We have a housing crisis and lots of Irish people living on the street. We need to get our own back yard in order first before we take in more people.
    Them we need to take a professional approach to taking on people which includes proper security checks, teaching them enough of the English language to be able to take the oath and be capable of working in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

For anyone who thinks taking loads of Muslims is ok , I'd advise them to watch this . Is it Luton or Afghanistan ??

https://youtu.be/b2nlIfn8tNA

For anyone who thinks taking loads of Muslims is ok , I'd advise them to watch this . Is it Luton or Afghanistan ??

Neither a hurling stronghold

eagle eye wrote: »
    Regardless of whether the people who are protesting are responsible for the arson attacks or not the message is very clear. They don't want these centres anywhere near them.
    Amazing how a government who promise to look after the nation won't listen to the people.
    We've gotten to a stage where every county town in Ireland is full of foreign nationals.
    People are being brought in here who can't speak our language and taking an oath they don't even understand. They are just being told to say yes or I do.
    There is no security check worth a damn being done on these people. We could be taking in murderers, rapists and other criminals with multiple previous crimes.
    We have a housing crisis and lots of Irish people living on the street. We need to get our own back yard in order first before we take in more people.
    Them we need to take a professional approach to taking on people which includes proper security checks, teaching them enough of the English language to be able to take the oath and be capable of working in this country.

They’ve to take an oath? That’s new. When does that happen? At the airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Neither a hurling stronghold
    They're good at hurling stones at gay people though

League and cup double winners

I just watched life of Brian the other night.
    The stoning scene is easily the funniest scene in the whole film

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I just watched life of Brian the other night.
    The stoning scene is easily the funniest scene in the whole film

Maybe check out videos from prominently Islamic states and see if it compares to the life of Brian and they tell us again about them not acting on their beliefs

Gatling wrote: »
    Maybe check out videos from prominently Islamic states and see if it compares to the life of Brian and they tell us again about them not acting on their beliefs

I really don’t care. Presumably it’s country their rules. I’m not gonna sign some amnesty petition interfering with any other countries ‘beliefs’ or ‘laws’ no matter how crazy they are. We’ve no right to be imposing our beliefs or laws on anyone.

Could it possibly be we have so many refugees coming here to escape that kind off horror?
    Could it possibly be they want away from that brutality??

Thought you’d be of a similar mind. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Doesn't your beloved America execute people in horrific ways?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I really don’t care. Presumably it’s country their rules. I’m not gonna sign some amnesty petition interfering with any other countries ‘beliefs’ or ‘laws’ no matter how crazy they are. We’ve no right to be imposing our beliefs or laws on anyone.

Could it possibly be we have so many refugees coming here to escape that kind off horror?
    Could it possibly be they want away from that brutality??

Thought you’d be of a similar mind. Ah well.

They aren't refugees, they're mostly economic migrants and that's borne out by the official statistics pointing out the number of failed claims of migrants from all of the countries who apply here. The vast majority are at best economic migrants, at worst benefit tourists and of course then there's the ones who are here raising money for ISIS. But it won't matter an iota to you how many facts are put in front of you you will keep on banging that open borders all migrants are refugees drum. Pride, stubbornness or just pure ignorance on your part? I don't know.

Doesn't your beloved America execute people in horrific ways?

Do they stone homosexual to death or worse - No

Do they rape and honor kill women and children -no

Comparing to the American justice system to an totally intolerant religious beliefs of Islamic states isn't the same .

Murica this and murica that yada yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Comparing to the American justice system to an totally intolerant religious beliefs of Islamic states isn't the same .

Nah they just shoot kids in schools but hey, Americans can't do wrongbinnyour eyes.

Fwiw i think anyone who murders another person is the scum of the earth but you only ever seem to rail against one particular set of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭enricoh

"uk - got to hell, british police - rot in hell, dept of social welfare - nah, we love you guys, ye'll be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They’ve to take an oath? That’s new. When does that happen? At the airport?
    They used to have to go to a district court but a few judges wouldn't accept it when they had no English and clearly didn't understand what they were doing so now they organise an oath taking event instead.

blueshade wrote: »
    They aren't refugees, they're mostly economic migrants and that's borne out by the official statistics pointing out the number of failed claims of migrants from all of the countries who apply here. The vast majority are at best economic migrants, at worst benefit tourists and of course then there's the ones who are here raising money for ISIS. But it won't matter an iota to you how many facts are put in front of you you will keep on banging that open borders all migrants are refugees drum. Pride, stubbornness or just pure ignorance on your part? I don't know.

So they’re mostly economic immigrants?

400,000 Irish people have emigrated since 2012. Economic migrants to the last one. And there’s about as many of them fundraising for terrorism over seas as there are immigrants fundraising for terrorism here

Which is to say none.

Back it up before you post such nonsense

Nah they just shoot kids in schools but hey,

But we're talking about economic migrants coming to claim asylum here in Ireland .

Not what America did or didn't is there a thread you won't throw a bit of whatabouttry and faux outrage at just to remind us what they did .

They actively pursue conversion therapy in many states and the organizations doing that has the support of senators and business owners who donate billions.

So you’re ok with the horrors of conversion therapy. Sure it isn’t as bad as getting stoned to death

Riiiiight

eagle eye wrote: »
    They used to have to go to a district court but a few judges wouldn't accept it when they had no English and clearly didn't understand what they were doing so now they organise an oath taking event instead.

Never heard of this. Mad. Can you gimme a link to it please?

They actively pursue conversion therapy

Some religious minority .

But most don't didnt it happen here or was offered here .

But I'm sure the various Islamic sects don't do conversion just slaughter.

Again it's nothing to do with economic migrants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Never heard of this. Mad. Can you gimme a link to it please?

Why would anybody give you a link? You said earlier in the thread no immigrants were trying to change irish culture, then somebody pointed out Dr. Ali Selim and then you essentially said ah nobody takes him seriously. So a link to anything that differs with what you say will be meaningless to you so why would any poster go to the hassle.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Why would anybody give you a link? You said earlier in the thread no immigrants were trying to change irish culture, then somebody pointed out Dr. Ali Selim and then you essentially said ah nobody takes him seriously. So a link to anything that differs with what you say will be meaningless to you so why would any poster go to the hassle.

Can you point to just one of Selims wacky demands or even polite suggestions that have been implemented???

Just one. Anywhere.

I’ll wait.

Some religious minority .

But most don't didnt it happen here or was offered here .

But I'm sure the various Islamic sects don't do conversion just slaughter.

Again it's nothing to do with economic migrants

Goalposts got legs again.

Gay conversion ‘therapy’ isn’t some religious small minority. Thousands of kids have been put through it.

Funny the way only recently the guy who runs the biggest conversion therapy center was discovered in a very gay sex scenario and had to admit he was gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Can you point to just one of Selims wacky demands or even polite suggestions that have been implemented???

Just one. Anywhere.

I’ll wait.

You obviously didn't read the post, i said "trying", see didn't make you wait too long, if you could calm down and actually read posts before replying in future it would help. Go for a walk, clear your head.

Advertisement