Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland agrees to plan on migrant resettlement

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Odhinn wrote: »
    Again - the person who carried out the attack was sectioned by the authorities, and it was some months before he was considered fit to plead.

He hasn't pleaded, he's still in a mental hospital. They didn't even know where he was from for months. The Gardai working at the station he walked into before he went on his killing spree described him as seeming like a nice guy. We will probably never hear about this guy anymore, it'll be quietly brushed under the carpet and nothing to see here move along. No questions as to how he got here,how long he was here or what his history is.

There's no getting away from that fact that many of these ''asylum seekers'' from the Middle East are a little bit stab happy to say the least and every time one of them goes on a killing spree the usual ''mental illness, lone wolf'' spiel is trotted out. I saw a man of Bangladeshi/pakistani/Indian origin in Limerick on Friday, seemed genuinely homeless, shoes falling to bits on his feet and picking up ciggy butts on the ground, not begging. Who is he? Where is he from? Do the authorities know he's here? Has he been turned down for asylum? Did he agree to a voluntary deportation? Do the authorities think that he voluntarily left the country?

The reality is nobody has a fooking clue who he is, where he's from or what the fook he might do. He shouldn't be here he should have been deported and Direct Provision should be a locked facility with none of this nonsense of people coming and going when they like. They should have their suitcase with them at the hearing and if they don't get asylum they should be on the next flight back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I knew I wouldn't get an answer from those who are on meltdown about "the far right" in Ireland.

Your answer is spot on. It's in their heads

There's no Far Right in Ireland, most people labeled as 'Far Right' today would've sat comfortably sat on the left or centre left of the spectrum 10-15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Islam is a very dangerous ideology with blind violence at its core. It’s no coincidence so much terror is linked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

There's no Far Right in Ireland, most people labeled as 'Far Right' today would've sat comfortably sat on the left or centre left of the spectrum 10-15 years ago.

In Ireland if you question unfettered migration then you’re “far right” in the eyes of our looney left.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

blueshade wrote: »
    He hasn't pleaded, he's still in a mental hospital. They didn't even know where he was from for months. The Gardai working at the station he walked into before he went on his killing spree described him as seeming like a nice guy. We will probably never hear about this guy anymore, it'll be quietly brushed under the carpet and nothing to see here move along. No questions as to how he got here,how long he was here or what his history is.

There's no getting away from that fact that many of these ''asylum seekers'' from the Middle East are a little bit stab happy to say the least and every time one of them goes on a killing spree the usual ''mental illness, lone wolf'' spiel is trotted out. I saw a man of Bangladeshi/pakistani/Indian origin in Limerick on Friday, seemed genuinely homeless, shoes falling to bits on his feet and picking up ciggy butts on the ground, not begging. Who is he? Where is he from? Do the authorities know he's here? Has he been turned down for asylum? Did he agree to a voluntary deportation? Do the authorities think that he voluntarily left the country?

The reality is nobody has a fooking clue who he is, where he's from or what the fook he might do. He shouldn't be here he should have been deported and Direct Provision should be a locked facility with none of this nonsense of people coming and going when they like. They should have their suitcase with them at the hearing and if they don't get asylum they should be on the next flight back home.

Wow.

So your friend in Limerick didnt go on a stab happy murdering spree but 1 killing means all these thousands of refugees are all stab happy. Indeed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

There's no Far Right in Ireland

lmfao yeah the 'Proud Boys Ireland' facebook page that had to be shut down was fictional I supposed :pac:

There are plenty Irish radicalized right twats around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

PostWoke wrote: »
    lmfao yeah the 'Proud Boys Ireland' facebook page that had to be shut down was fictional I supposed :pac:

There are plenty Irish radicalized right twats around.

No there isn't. Some people in villages don't want a
    Dp centre landed there. Nor are they happy that they don't get a choice about it. That doesn't make them far right.

End direct provision. Place refugees in the houses of people willing to take them in and help them.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The media said so. Nah
    People don't want dp centres in their towns and villages. Forced on them without forewarning or choice.
    On the rare occasion that a meeting or vote is held the people vote comprehensively against.
    That doesn't make them "far right"

You remind me of Donald Trump presenting your opinions as fact with no evidence whatsoever. Hilarious really.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Imagine being such a sad sack that you will actually label people as 'far right' just because they have concerns about immigration?

Is that aimed at me? I dont believe most people who have concerns about immigration are on the far right but some of them are certainly being manipulated and radicalised by the far right for sure. Its actually qute hilarious people denying their is an active far right in Ireland when we have loads of examples with Gemma O'Doherty, Justin Barrett, Rowan Croft, Hermann Kelly, John Waters, Peter O'Loughlin, James Reynolds, Seamus Traynor, Melissa O'Neill, Michael McGrath, Sandra Archer amongst others

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭jackboy

Its actually qute hilarious people denying their is an active far right in Ireland when we have loads of examples with Gemma O'Doherty, Justin Barrett, Rowan Croft, Hermann Kelly, John Waters, Peter O'Loughlin, James Reynolds, Seamus Traynor, Melissa O'Neill, Michael McGrath, Sandra Archer amongst others

I only know about half of these people. To call those far right is way over the top. Some of them are certainly right wing, but not far right. The likes of Gemma does not count as it is quite clear that she is suffering and has mental health issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

Is that aimed at me? I dont believe most people who have concerns about immigration are on the far right but some of them are certainly being manipulated and radicalised by the far right for sure. Its actually qute hilarious people denying their is an active far right in Ireland when we have loads of examples with Gemma O'Doherty, Justin Barrett, Rowan Croft, Hermann Kelly, John Waters, Peter O'Loughlin, James Reynolds, Seamus Traynor, Melissa O'Neill, Michael McGrath, Sandra Archer amongst others

Out of those people the only one you could genuinely call far right is Michael McGrath.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

No there isn't. Some people in villages don't want a
    Dp centre landed there.

Yes there is. And no one is implying 'people in villages' are radicalized right. You are creating that equivalence out of your own head.

You remind me of Donald Trump presenting your opinions as fact with no evidence whatsoever. Hilarious really.

Which is opinion and which is fact?

Which is opinion and which is fact?

Your opinion that you present as fact :rolleyes:

Terry Pratchet

Your opinion that you present as fact :rolleyes:

It is fact. You just try and manoeuvre around it. Nothing to add. Your posts are all hollow statements. You don't engage with anyone.

Same thing over and over again. Tell people they are wrong but don't offer anything.
    You are background noise

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Imagine being such a sad sack that you will actually label people as 'far right' just because they have concerns about immigration?

How is John waters " far right"?

It is fact. You just try and manoeuvre around it. Nothing to add. Your posts are all hollow statements. You don't engage with anyone.

Same thing over and over again. Tell people they are wrong but don't offer anything.
    You are background noise

As opposed to your statements of fake news presented with no evidence :pac:

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »

See his Grand Turd interview

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Mad_maxx wrote: »

See his Grand Turd interview

The one with some Canadian guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daonnach

The media said so. Nah
    People don't want dp centres in their towns and villages. Forced on them without forewarning or choice.
    On the rare occasion that a meeting or vote is held the people vote comprehensively against.
    That doesn't make them "far right"

I perceive that there is a far right movement in Ireland gaining traction using the anti-immigration sentiment.
    But what you're saying is bang on. Gov need to consult communities before announcing plans like DP centres, and people voting against a local DP centre doesn't mean they are anti-immigration. (And I hope not as many people are anti immigration as are anti DP centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Daonnach wrote: »
    I perceive that there is a far right movement in Ireland gaining traction using the anti-immigration sentiment.
    But what you're saying is bang on. Gov need to consult communities before announcing plans like DP centres, and people voting against a local DP centre doesn't mean they are anti-immigration. (And I hope not as many people are anti immigration as are anti DP centre)

My only concern is that people's perceptions can often lead to the melodramatic conflation of concerned communities and the "right-wing" movement gaining traction. It's an emotionally led refusal of opinions/beliefs that are not their own.

It's easy for people to be outraged and demonize the communities that refuse DP centres. If you are not in the community I think a person who is not living withing that community, has a right to input. It's only when a DP comes to their front door or when it starts affecting you, that's when its an issue

There is a lot of news on migrants & immigration that's not reported in the media and the kind of negative impact it has on countries if it wasn't for the independent news or journalist online etc none of what is happening in all of Europe wouldn't see the light of day. People have a right to be worried when their communities need help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Have you ever heard of Rochdale
    are you meaning this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/09/rochdale-town-conflicted-large-asylum-seeker-population
    - "In asylum Britain, there is a rule: no town should have more than one asylum seeker for every 200 people. In Rochdale, the ratio is 0.99 per 200 - the most in England."

- "According to data published by the Guardian, the asylum dispersal scheme is heavily skewed towards poorer parts of the country. Rochdale ranks in the poorest 15% of the UK by median annual income. "

- "But local authorities that house asylum seekers are not given any additional funding to help cover costs such as schooling and health services."

- this makes you wonder ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

mvl wrote: »
    are you meaning this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/09/rochdale-town-conflicted-large-asylum-seeker-population
    - "In asylum Britain, there is a rule: no town should have more than one asylum seeker for every 200 people. In Rochdale, the ratio is 0.99 per 200 - the most in England."

- "According to data published by the Guardian, the asylum dispersal scheme is heavily skewed towards poorer parts of the country. Rochdale ranks in the poorest 15% of the UK by median annual income. "

- "But local authorities that house asylum seekers are not given any additional funding to help cover costs such as schooling and health services."

- this makes you wonder ...

With Rochdale and the other towns in Britain where Muslim grooming gangs were active, most of the men weren't asylum seekers. Many were married, many were related to each other. In fact some of the girls being raped where the daughters of women who'd been raped by a previous generation of Muslim pedophiles. The CPS wouldn't touch the cases until a Muslim Crown Prosecutor decided that he would. He has stated that the number of victims of these men would fill Wembley Stadium.

He has stated that when the crimes became public knowledge the only thing the Muslims in Rochdale cared about was the reputation of Islam. Many of the women married to these rapists were married as arranged marriages so these guys can get into the country legally. It needs to be remembered that the abuse in Rochdale and elsewhere was done by family groups, husbands, sons, fathers and uncles gathering together to rape little girls. By the same men picking up little girls from the school gates and taking them to be raped while they were on a break from doing their deliveries. It was all so commonplace that it was a hobby. It's still going on and many of the men convicted are released back into the community to harass their victims. Some are fighting deportation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

vriesmays wrote: »

Cultural enlightenment :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Gript? Really?

Get out of the house more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

The thing that worries me . Look at Britain. If Britain wants out due to mass migration. it's bad lads. For a country that colonised half the planet. Yet wants out. Scary as fook to be honest. Does it really work.

Advertisement