Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 23-07-2019 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I’m just looking for some advice,

I live in a housing estate in cork city, I was doing some digging in the garden about a year back and came across ducting with 2 very big electrical cables in it (probably each 2” in diameter).
    These cables appear to run right by the side of my house. If I had to guess at what the cables are for I would say either the estate street lighting or power for the industrial estate to the rear of the property( i would imagine the lighting is the more likely scenario from the direction they are going but who knows).

We are looking at building on to the side of our house to make a flat for our elderly parents so we can look after them and they still have some independence.

So I was wondering
    1. Can cables of this size be moved?

2. If there isn’t enough length in the wire for the move can they be extended easily?

3. Who’s responsible for the cost of moving them?

4. What would be a good estimate of the cost if I did the trench work myself ie ESB only had to de-energise and move over 15-20 feet?

Thanks for all and any help ye can give,
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Ian,

ESB Networks are the organisation to contact for this query, on 1850 372 757.

If you have an Electric Ireland bill query in the future, do let us know here.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement