Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance policies that cover the Blackrock Clinic and Matter Private?

• 23-07-2019 11:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I'm quickly learning that, if you require any serious procedure, these are the main places to get it done at.

I've been with Laya on Essential Health 300 for the past couple of years - excellent plan for the price, and thankfully I'm covered in the Beacon.

However - if I were thinking about extending my cover to include the aforementioned two high tech hospitals, what would be the next step up I'd be looking at?

Anyone done their homework on this subject?

I had a quick browse on insurance-compare, or whatever website that's called - and as best I could tell, if I wanted cover for the BC, my premium would go from in or around 1000 per year, to about 3.5k per year.

Does that sound about right?

So - anyone that gets treated as these hospitals is paying about the cost of a middle of the road second hand car, each year on insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭homer911

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Have a look at Simplicity Plan covers most Private Hospitals with an excess payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 esmerelda the lovely

Most people get cover for specific listed procedures in these hospitals - things like cardiac and Spinal surgery, there are lots of plans around the 1200/1400 price bracket with these.
    If you want cover in these hospitals for being generally unwell (pneumonia and the like) you would need to be paying a very hefty premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

Most people get cover for specific listed procedures in these hospitals - things like cardiac and Spinal surgery, there are lots of plans around the 1200/1400 price bracket with these.
    If you want cover in these hospitals for being generally unwell (pneumonia and the like) you would need to be paying a very hefty premium

Yep, Laya Connect Simplicity offers full coverage for cardiac and certain orthopaedic procedures at those hospitals for about that premium. It covers stays at those hospitals for other conditions as well, but there's a €150 admission excess and a €175 shortfall per night.

Advertisement