Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

• 23-07-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have lodged cash into my own account this morning in my near by BOI branch. On the website it says that this money should appear immediately, which after about 3 hours still didn’t. Anyone got into the same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you lodge the money across the counter (to a human cashier), did you use one of the envelopes (think BoI calls this an 'Express Lodgement') which you post in a mailbox inside the branch or did you lodge via an ATM lodgement machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rugiada

coylemj wrote: »
    Did you lodge the money across the counter (to a human cashier), did you use one of the envelopes (think BoI calls this an 'Express Lodgement') which you post in a mailbox inside the branch or did you lodge via an ATM lodgement machine?

BOI atm machine. Just received it actually, took a while though. Thank You for a reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Rugiada wrote: »
    BOI atm machine. Just received it actually, took a while though. Thank You for a reply!

You're welcome. The fastest way to get money into a BoI account from a branch transaction is to walk up to a cashier with cash and the lodgement slip and ask them to put it through there and then. If they're busy, they sometimes park the paperwork to do it later but if you ask nicely, they will do it.

Though in a branch with a lodgement ATM, they may ask you to do it on the machine.

Advertisement