Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 11 Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

What a race, I need a lie down after that. Shame Lance couldn't hang on for a podium but great points finish in 4th. Kvyat on the podium, mega stuff from him. Albon had a great race as well bar one little mistake.

Mercedes, bad day for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Verstappen might get punished for crashing into P1 there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Toro Rossos best finish since winning with Vettel?

And Honda power in 1st and 2nd. Danny Ric must be feeling sick.

Toro Rossos best finish since winning with Vettel?

Yep, second podium ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Brilliant race.

I've had reservations about Verstappen but honestly I think if he gets the right car for a decent run he'll run away with title after title.

Verstappen is driving better than anyone else this season, very few mistakes, great pace, great overtaking and controlled aggression when defending and attacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Well that was class! Delighted for Seb, that's exactly what he needs to get his head back in the game - hopefully it carries over to next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

A great race. Max and Red Bull are a great racing team, the Barcelona of F1. Poor LeClerc, he needs to break his duck soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Gasly facing the sack

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Looking forward to hearing from Günther about the 2 Haas crashing into each other again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

that was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

What a race that was.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Daniil becoming a father last night aswell! Great celebratory weekend for him!

Did Crofty just congratulate Max on the birth of Daniils child?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Two thirds into the race I was disappointed with Vettel lack of progress through the middle. But in reality he kept it so clean, stayed alive, and then pounced.

Kvyat crashed into Vettel a few times and was replaced by Verstappen, now he's on the podium with them. Redemption complete, good on him. I would love to see what this more mature Kvyat could do in the Red Bull

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gasly is surely done at this stage. He wasn't impressive at any stage of the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Gasly facing the sack

Would be nice to see Kvyat completing the season in the Red Bull and doing well.

Gasly is surely done at this stage. He wasn't impressive at any stage of the race.

I don't think he's been impressive at any stage this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Joeface

Very entertaining stuff. Great drive from Max ,
    Huge pay off for racing point and stroll going with the sorts when they did .

Toro Rosso as well , both Kyatt and Albon what a result form them and both out standing to day .

Vettel some turn around from the wet last year . Very patient today and it some how worked out for him.

Don't know what to say about Merc Today just every thing that can go wrong did .

Honda must be delighted with these results 2 engines on the podium and 3 in the points

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's not going to be a very comfortable summer break for Gasly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

skipper_G wrote: »
    Kvyat crashed into Vettel a few times and was replaced by Verstappen, now he's on the podium with them. Redemption complete, good on him. I would love to see what this more mature Kvyat could do in the Red Bull

He crashed into him once, the other collisions were racing incidents as far as I remember, was very harsh of red bull to get rid of him as he had been doing quite well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

What is the story with the trophies?

The trophies are tacky looking

Jaguar sponsored the trophies?

I usually hate listening to the Mercedes post race stuff but can't wait for today's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Ha-ha, Mercedes picked this race to be in drive to survive season 2

That will be fun to watch !!!

:)

Verstappen wins at the very track of his father’s infamous fire 25 years ago

Would be nice to see Kvyat completing the season in the Red Bull and doing well.

Difficult call as both TR drivers are worthy of that seat

I'm a big fan of Albon but he needs time to mature. Would be a big risk to take

Bit early for Albon in my opinion. Both drivers would still look pedestrian beside Verstappen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

wally1990 wrote: »
    Ha-ha, Mercedes picked this race to be in drive to survive season 2

That will be fun to watch !!!

:)
    The German fans obviously dont give a sh*t about Mercedes. Massive cheer when Lewis spun near the end.

Might be their home race but there seems to be a huge disconnect with the German fans

Advertisement