Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 11 Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Toto is pissed

Not happy at all

Mentioned that they shouldn't be fooling around (hinting at the retro stuff) and many mistakes were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yeah, do most of that on Friday, keep the livery all weekend of course, but get to business on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

skipper_G wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Albon but he needs time to mature. Would be a big risk to take

It'd be the same risk they took with Gasly essentially, stick Kvyat in it for the rest of this season and next, then promote Albon? I'd bring Hartley back quicker than putting Gasly in the TR again.

flazio wrote: »
    Bit early for Albon in my opinion. Both drivers would still look pedestrian beside Verstappen.

Both would be great number 2 drivers which Gasly can't even manage

Both would be great number 2 drivers which Gasly can't even manage

Which is why I think it's better to stay at TR and be better than a No. 2 driver.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If only there was another driver who has just won back to back titles in another racing series that Red Bull binned too early.

Faugheen wrote: »
    If only there was another driver who has just won back to back titles in another racing series that Red Bull binned too early.

Alonso :D

That whole series was even more of a lottery then this one race. I doubt JEV wants to go anywhere.

That whole series was even more of a lottery then this one race. I doubt JEV wants to go anywhere.

JEV said he'd go back but only to competitive machinery, the senior team might just do it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Was ex Mercedes man Norbert Haug handing out a trophy on the podium?

• Advertisement

On another note, Kubica finished 12th, behind Hamilton and ahead of Russell, He's now ahead of GR in the championship as a result, Dowtcha Bobby boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Be an interesting summer break... my gut feeling gasly won’t be in Red Bull seat in spa. Kyvat deserves the seat IMO. Gasly has been septic and only showed 1 or 2 brief moments of reasonableness such as silverstone and one of the practice sessions when they probably ran him with no fuel to try and build his confidence. His goose is cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Verstappen has finished in the top 5 for 20 races in a row stretching back to Spa last season. That is the kind of relentless consistency that separates great from good

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Was ex Mercedes man Norbert Haug handing out a trophy on the podium?

That wasn't him. Haug is taller and a bit leaner

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I was fully expecting the headlines to read something along lines off ‘Hamilton, despite being handicapped with a runny nose and sore throat, wins German Gp shortly after he quoted it as his greatest ever achievement in landmark Mercedes race....’ so glad it didn’t materialize!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Joeface

Still too soon for Gasly change. Today was harsh , he lasted as long as Bottas and at least he was fighting for a place when he went out. , Bottas , Lewis , Charles all f'ed up with clean air Infront of them . Everyone's place ment was all over the place with time of pitstops .

The only team that has to look at their drivers now is Haas . Under performing car and stupid drivers not helping

Joeface wrote: »
    Still too soon for Gasly change. Today was harsh , he lasted as long as Bottas and at least he was fighting for a place when he went out. , Bottas , Lewis , Charles all f'ed up with clean air Infront of them . Everyone's place ment was all over the place with time of pitstops .

The only team that has to look at their drivers now is Haas . Under performing car and stupid drivers not helping

Bottas needed 2 good clean races before the summer break, with Ocon waiting in the wings this isn't what he needed.

He would absolutely go back if Red Bull came calling. And he's easily a better option than Kvyat and Albon in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Both the Alfas are being investigated for some infringement at the start procedure

Joeface wrote: »

Haas really need to get someone like Alexander Rossi in. He's proven himself in the states and would bring sponsorship. American man driving for an American team etc.

• Advertisement

Stroll led the race as we all know, the only Canadian since Villeneuve, was Luxembourg GP 1997 the last time he led a race?

Haas really need to get someone like Alexander Rossi in. He's proven himself in the states and would bring sponsorship. American man driving for an American team etc.

Who should they drop? i think Grosjean has had his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

What a race. Been waiting for some chaos like that.

Thought it was gas that Vettel for all the criticisms of being error prone was one of the few to have a clean race. And what a drive he had. Like he said afterwards was very much like DC, not flashy but crept up.

Also Grosjean pretty much kept it together which was a surprise!

Who should they drop? i think Grosjean has had his day.

Don't think it makes much of a difference. They're both as bad as each other and have had plenty of chances.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Both the Alfas are being investigated for some infringement at the start procedure

Apparently got information from the team which is in breach of the rules.

Could pop Lewis into the points.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kubica may get a point. Holy crap.

Isn't Hamiliton still also under investigation for the slow safety car pace?

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Apparently got information from the team which is in breach of the rules.

Could pop Lewis into the points.

If both are thrown out Hamilton will be 9th Kubica 10th

If both are thrown out Hamilton will be 9th Kubica 10th

My lord. A point for Williams??? They'd be on the beer for a week.

What a race. Been waiting for some chaos like that.

Thought it was gas that Vettel for all the criticisms of being error prone was one of the few to have a clean race. And what a drive he had. Like he said afterwards was very much like DC, not flashy but crept up.

Also Grosjean pretty much kept it together which was a surprise!

To be fair, Vettel has form for being error-prone when he's being chased down and you only have to look to this race last year for a good example.

It was a great drive, but he was under very little pressure because it could not have gone any worse for him barring a retirement. Hopefully his confidence is back though. We need a Vettel on-form to keep up with Hamilton and Max.

• Advertisement

My lord. A point for Williams??? They'd be on the beer for a week.

If Hamilton gets into more hot water for his second investigation they might have a double points finish, a week on the beer for one point, a month's holiday for the entire team in barbados for a double points finish

Advertisement