Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 11 Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Isn't Hamiliton still also under investigation for the slow safety car pace?

I wonder if that was some sort of sensor issue from when he went past the pit, entry and then into the pits?

May be a reason for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ha , Charles is blaming the surface.(autosport)

What a nightmare for Renault they are now behind Toro Rosso on team points .
    Not sure how they are still having engine problems and I felt Hulks mistake was in line with Charles and Bottas , kinda from nothing threw away a race Result . Even with the conditions I had rated him to be more controlled than that .

Good for Williams if the get a point nothing worse than finishing a season with nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

Stroll led the race as we all know, the only Canadian since Villeneuve, was Luxembourg GP 1997 the last time he led a race?

He led the final race in jerez in 97 for a while, dont think he ever led a lap in a BAR.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FIA publications will get updated here for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It was great entertainment but illustrated the overall poor calibre of driver currently. Hamilton can be excused for today because of his consistent level of brilliance. He will win the title comfortably. Leclerc blew a golden opportunity to win, Bottas is simply not good enough. Hulkenberg, Gasly, Perez and Magnussen likewise. Raikkonen is just too old. Vettel still a class act. Fair dues to Kubica.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Faugheen wrote: »
    To be fair, Vettel has form for being error-prone when he's being chased down and you only have to look to this race last year for a good example.

It was a great drive, but he was under very little pressure because it could not have gone any worse for him barring a retirement. Hopefully his confidence is back though. We need a Vettel on-form to keep up with Hamilton and Max.

LeClerc is starting to gain a reputation for costly mistakes also...

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Great race Mercedes messing up made it all the better. Seb that was an unreal drive 20th to 2nd so impressive. Also delighted for Dani on the weekend of his first child being born.

What was the outcome of the investigation for Hamilton going slow behind the safety car?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

LeClerc is starting to gain a reputation for costly mistakes also...

He is actually. However it's also only his second season in F1 and his first in a top car. Max was the same. Vettel is a four-time champion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

chicorytip wrote: »
    It was great entertainment but illustrated the overall poor calibre of driver currently. Hamilton can be excused for today because of his consistent level of brilliance. He will win the title comfortably. Leclerc blew a golden opportunity to win, Bottas is simply not good enough. Hulkenberg, Gasly, Perez and Magnussen likewise. Raikkonen is just too old. Vettel still a class act. Fair dues to Kubica.

I don’t think Kimi is too old at all...he has been comfortably beating his much younger team mate all year. Was unlucky not to get a stronger finish today imo and has been super consistent all year with points finishes.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    He is actually. However it's also only his second season in F1 and his first in a top car. Max was the same. Vettel is a four-time champion though.

Max recovered, Vettel will also. Too early to say if LeClerc is going through a bad patch or this will be regular occurrences throughout his F1 career. I suspect the latter.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Was funny listening to Toto giving out that they should not have been playing dress up this weekend. Classic Toto classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If both are thrown out Hamilton will be 9th Kubica 10th

Why would they be thrown out and not just get a penalty like all the others?
    That would be a bit harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

vectra wrote: »
    Why would they be thrown out and not just get a penalty like all the others?
    That would be a bit harsh.

Illegal assistance. Do you think a 5 second time penalty to each driver is adequate instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

As much as I love Leclerc I wasn't a fan of him complaining about the surface.

Like Crofty said afterwards, it's no surprise, the drivers know about the different surface on that turn and it's up to them to know the limits. Yes rain made it a bit of a test into the unknown for them but not buying the excuse.

And yes Charles started by saying he wasn't making an excuse, but then went and completed used the surface as one.

Talented driver with a great career, and I am a fan but I think he just needs to accept the outcome on this one rather than saying it's unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Illegal assistance. Do you think a 5 second time penalty to each driver is adequate instead?

I heard 20 second penalties, but who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

I wish F1 was this exciting every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Luck in that the Mercs had a bit of a disaster when they normally have all the luck.

No, Hamilton was off at least twice through mistakes, maybe 3 times. Nothing to do with Merc luck.
    Read what I posted please. I said that the mercs had no luck today whereas in the past they'd get the break and the bit of luck that wasn't there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Netflix recording in town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

There's no further action on the investigation for Hamilton safety car infringement

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1155521920210804739?s=19

• Advertisement

Illegal assistance?
    What exactly did they gain?
    Nothing near what Lewis gained by cutting across the grass into the pits I would suspect .
    That gave him only a 5 second penalty. :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Highlights now on C4. Time to watch it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

wally1990 wrote: »
    Netflix recording in town :)

Apparently Mercedes and Ferrari only agreed to participate in filming for one race each. Boy did they get the right race for Mercedes!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Rewatching the race and it proves how detrimental the large run off areas are to F1. In this race, they get it wrong, 50:50 chance of ending the race. That's the wall all the tracks should be.

30 second penalty for both alfa drivers. FFS.:(
    Puts Golden boy into the points in 9th.

vectra wrote: »
    30 second penalty for both alfa drivers. FFS.:(
    Puts Golden boy into the points in 9th.

And Kubica

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

vectra wrote:
    30 second penalty for both alfa drivers. FFS. Puts Golden boy into the points in 9th.

I wonder will they appeal this? That's a few handy points lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who had money on Kubica scoring points before Russell :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

chicorytip wrote: »
    I wonder will they appeal this? That's a few handy points lost.

From the looks of the complaint and the penalty it sounds like they had some sort of illegal traction control going on at the start.

Advertisement