Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 11 Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Commentary calling it bad luck for Ferrarri

At some point it stops being bad luck and just ineptitude, and that point was some time ago now.
    Unacceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Jesus wept, Ferrari just cannot execute a clean weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Ferrari are a done duck at this stage. Long live Max and Red Bull as the new challengers.

Hamilton pole, shout out to Ferrari for making it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

Another race over before it's even begun.
    It's like an neverending nightmare for ferari

• Advertisement

Karun Chandhok at least is honest and not fobbing it off as bad luck but bad preparation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

Gutted for Seb, I'd really love to see him have a solid weekend and to grab a win (mad to think I'm writing that after I used to loathe seeing him waving that finger every two weeks at RB some years back). Charles must be wondering what's going on at this stage, his ticket to the top was a ticket to the top of a shit show.

Hugely impressed by Red Bull, issues aside, they seem to have caught up with Ferrari and are almost trading blows with Merc. I know they're a psuedo-works team by now, but they're not a constructor, and for such a team to be doing what they're doing in this climate of constructors, it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Charles must wish he stayed at Alfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,129 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pjohnson wrote: »
    Charles must wish he stayed at Alfa.

Doubt it. There is still a race win available if someone would just kick Ferrari up the arse. He's also higher on the table then Raikonnen and Giovinazzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just seen the Channel 4 highlights now. That was a great qualifying session must say. Very exciting and very close. Just a pity Ferrari have become so inept and bad. I can see Red Bull passing Ferrari out if it keeps going like this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Toto saying Lewis has a dose. Might not be able to race tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well done to Kimi for qualifying fifth :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ferrari are really going through the pits with their cars failing at crucial stages throughout the season. It's awful to see both drivers on their team being knocked out of the Q1 sessions at their own home grand prixs. I don't know if that non-qualification has happened with other F1 teams before. Although; tomorrow's race could have an massive opportunity for LeClerc to go up for the win if LH is officially not well enough to take part in the race tomorrow.

If Ferrari have the opportunity to do much better in managing to finish a race tomorrow; then I would be a happy man. LeClerc does the upper hand here in being placed 10 above Vettel in the race tomorrow. But it does not prevent the thinking in my head of the awful season that they have had this year.

flazio wrote: »
    Toto saying Lewis has a dose. Might not be able to race tomorrow.

Has or is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Has or is?

He has a dose. Had it before he got into the car today. Lewis said he had never missed a race and was not going to miss this one dose or no dose.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Lewis will race tomo.
    A dose for Lewis is probably a sniffle for the rest of us.

AMKC wrote: »
    He has a dose. Had it before he got into the car today. Lewis said he had never missed a race and was not going to miss this one dose or no dose.

And here was me hoping Wolff had suddenly become very frank about his number 1 driver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

lolie wrote:
    Another race over before it's even begun. It's like an neverending nightmare for ferari

A victory for Leclerc tomorrow is quite possible even from tenth on the grid. The much slower Perez, Sainz, Grosjean, Hulkenberg and Raikkonen should be dispatched pretty quickly and then challenge the top three. It would demonstrate title winning credentials were he to do so. Vettel will be on a charge as well and could finish in the top five. Gasly and Bottas are both vunerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It could be an interesting race later as it’s pissing rain at the track and the super cup race has just been red flagged before the end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yes, lashing rain atm, might be a temp clearance but more heavy showers expected

I swear if I see delayed race or start under a safety car for little standing water I'll go mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A wet race is much needed.

I've wilted and bought a day pass for this. Hopefully Sky Sports won't be as annoying as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what time is lights out.

what time is lights out.
    Formation lap is at 14:10 weather dependent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

2:10pm, hope there's no safety car start but can see it happening

Is there not some new rule that they do a grid start after a safety car period?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

flazio wrote: »
    Is there not some new rule that they do a grid start after a safety car period?

That's what I thought. Glad I'm not the only one! I can remember the conversations about it in the past and getting excited about it after all the fuddy duddy safety car starts in the wet.

However, nobody has mentioned the possibility and surely, if it was a case of Sky simply forgetting the rule, you would think bringing it up with the drivers they would say 'it's a standing start because the rules are that way'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sky saying they'll do the formation lap behind the safety car and start normally.
    What's the point in that?

Edit: FFS now starting behind safety after DiResta more or less called it nonsense a few minutes early to do that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill tune in for the start but doubt it can pull me away from the 24 hrs of spa conclusion happening at the moment :)

• Advertisement

Sky saying they'll do the formation lap behind the safety car and start normally.
    What's the point in that?

So when a driver complains that it's too wet the Safety Car is already there. I'm very cynical.

Wonder if the Ferraris are still beyond useless in the wet.

Advertisement