Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British version of Trump becomes PM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Danzy wrote: »
    The biggest threat to the EU is the half made and deeply problematic currency union.

As the Eurozone economy is returning to recession, the focus will turn away from Brexit to its own deep problems.

The problems in the Euro are a threat to the global economy.

Brexit will cause economic harm to the UK, it realistically should be looking for an EEA/Norway type position for the next few years at least so a transition can occur, the hard Brexit crowd should never have voted against May's deal as it was likely the best chance they ever had of leaving.

Yet you have posters here banging on about economic collapse in the UK, despite this growth was only 0.1% below Germany last year and 0.2% below France while Italy is in a very bad state adding to this the UK is an important trade partner.
    If its the case that ones genuinely thinks the UK is in bad shape at the minute economically they should also be sh-tting it about the Eurozone because similar figures show its not looking healthy at all either.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Yet you have posters here banging on about economic collapse in the UK, despite this growth was only 0.1% below Germany last year and 0.2% below France while Italy is in a very bad state adding to this the UK is an important trade partner.

Because they haven't left yet.
    If its the case that ones genuinely thinks the UK is in bad shape at the minute economically they should also be sh-tting it about the Eurozone because similar figures show its not looking healthy at all either.

The EU accepts that it's not going to be an ideal situation if the UK leaves on the Eurozone economy. They have never tried to deny that. The only ones who think everything will be rosy are the UK.

However, if the UK stays in the single market then it's nowhere near as detrimental for both as a complete crash out would be.

Some Brexiteers have in their heads that WTO is what needs to be done, despite the fact that no other country in the world trades purely on WTO terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Faugheen wrote:
    Tell me how they are going to do that, and how that doesn't have a detrimental effect on the UK's economy?

What stupid questions, they're obviously gonna use their new found democracy and freedom, to feed and cloth their people, jesus, how people can't see this, is beyond me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

blinding wrote: »
    The Democracy of their own People .

There are 168 Countries in the World not in the Eu .

The Eu is not God . This may come as hard to believe to the Irish Eu Religionists .

How did being on our knees to the British Empire / Catholic Church Empire work out for us .

Irish people just straightened the legs from those two , just to jump down on the knees again to the Eu . Have Ye No Self Respect ?

There are 168 countries.
    But how many of those want what the UK is selling?
    What's Angola or Chile going to do with financial , aerospace and automotive that they haven't done already?
    How are they going to pick up the slack of exporting to the EU?
    They can't. And the Brits don't even have the trade deals in place to make this possible!! They got maybe 10 trade deals in the last 3 years, of the 70 they need?

Love that you use the British Empire as an example.
    How's the British Empire working out for the people in the British Empire.
    Not very well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’m going to refer you all to post #22 in this thread

dudara wrote:
    Let’s leave Leo’s sexuality and socks out of this please.

dudara

CinemaGuy45 yellow carded for being uncivil to other posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

They are not in the Eu . Why did these two Medium Sized Wealthy Countries not become full members of the Eu.

Is the Eu only suitable for Poor Medium Sized Countries that can easily be controlled by Germany ?

They're in the single market. They abide by its regulations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Faugheen wrote: »
    Ok then, let me rephrase.

How will the U.K. be able to trade 46% of his exports with the European Union (around £289bn) or 54% of it's imports (£345bn) without access to the single market?

Tell me how they are going to do that, and how that doesn't have a detrimental effect on the UK's economy?
    The Democracy of your own Country is the Most Important Thing in Your Country .

Without Democracy in your Country there is No freedom in Your Country .

Do you see how things turn out when People Throw Away the Democracy of Their Countries .

You have no understanding how important Democracy is in Countries .

You are just a brainwashed Eu Religionist . Love Democracy and the Freedom its brings Countries .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Do not discuss mod action in thread. Please contact a mod directly or start a discussion in the Help Desk.

dudara

Ok then, let me rephrase.

How will the U.K. be able to trade 46% of his exports with the European Union (around £289bn) or 54% of it's imports (£345bn) without access to the single market?

You know the Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing .

Cleanse your self of that Eu Religion . It will bring you to hell in the end .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Do you see how things turn out when People Throw Away the Democracy of Their Countries .

You are just a brainwashed Eu Religionist . Love Democracy and the Freedom its brings Countries .

What country are you from and what freedoms are you lacking in, specifically?

• Advertisement

I'm sure the people of Britain will be comforted by that saying when they're losing their jobs or told to stay home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@blinding - you have received thread bans in other threads for going round and round, talking about “democracy”. That is not contributing to the discussion.

Please start posting something relevant to the discussion, or I will have to ask you to stop posting again.

dudara

steddyeddy wrote: »
    They're in the single market. They abode by its regulations.
    As they are not Controlled by the Eu I assume they can leave if they please . I assume the Most Glorious Eu Empire allows for that . Why do these two wealthy Countries decide not to be in the Eu .:eek:

And you clearly know f*ck all, such as your lack of ability to deal with facts.

As they are not Controlled by the Eu I assume they can leave if they please . I assume the Most Glorious Eu Empire allows for that . Why do these two wealthy Countries decide not to be in the Eu .:eek:

They are in the EEA.

They make significant contributions to the EU budget.
    They abide by EU regulations including free movement of people, goods, services and capital.

They have no say in how the EU is run.

Would any of this be acceptable to those who voted for Brexit?

And you clearly know f*ck all, such as your lack of ability to deal with facts.
    I understand how important Democracy is in a Country .

Something Eu religionists do not .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Because they haven't left yet.

There has been plenty of commentary on here and elsewhere that the economy slowed to a crawl already and is on the brink of recession while suffering significant job losses.

The EU accepts that it's not going to be an ideal situation if the UK leaves on the Eurozone economy. They have never tried to deny that. The only ones who think everything will be rosy are the UK.

However, if the UK stays in the single market then it's nowhere near as detrimental for both as a complete crash out would be.

My point is not a hard Brexit will be rosy, my point is that even before Brexit and with apparently lots of financial activity moving from London to Franfurt and Paris the same metrics that imply that the UK is struggling for certain posters also imply the Eurozones two largest economies are also in bad shape (and thats ignoring Italy!)
    Some Brexiteers have in their heads that WTO is what needs to be done, despite the fact that no other country in the world trades purely on WTO terms.

Agreed but I'm not a Brexiteer, I am more an Anti-Federalist in the mainland European mode, remain, reform, reduce Franco-German dominance.

The EU is not in a healthy state at the minute, look at the people incoming, for being the cream of Europe they have managed to select a incompetent with a smell of corruption on her (ursula von der leyen - for possible corruption see Accenture and other consultancy contracts), a convicted financially Negligent person who has made antagonistic comments to certain member state (Christine Lagarde) and for a more minor role Josep Borrell Fontelles (EU foreign minister) has been found guilty of insider trading and has historic associations with corrupt officials from the 90's.

They are in the EEA.

They make significant contributions to the EU budget.
    They abide by EU regulations including free movement of people, goods, services and capital.

They have no say in how the EU is run.

Would any of this be acceptable to those who voted for Brexit?
    I assume they can leave that set up if they so please .

Tis funny how these two wealthy Countries are happier outside the Eu than in the Eu .

It suggests that if you are wealthy enough you do not need to be in the Eu or run by the Eu .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Something Eu religionists do not .

You’d seem to have an anti Eu mindset without being able to articulate why.
    Can you elaborate apart from the tired ‘anti democratic’ one liner please?

blinding wrote:

Democracy most certainly is one of the greatest things mankind has created, but if you think brexit is about democracy, I'm not sure there's any hope for us, hard-line brexiteers have little or no interest in democracy

• Advertisement

I assume they can leave that set up if they so please .

Tis funny how these two wealthy Countries are happier outside the Eu than in the Eu .

It suggests that if you are wealthy enough you do not need to be in the Eu or run by the Eu .

But they don't leave. Because it would be stupid to leave.
    Love how you ignored the points in my post and rabbit on with the same old bullsh*t.

I'll see you on October 31st, when BJ is looking for another extension ;)

Well I think the British have a much better man in Boris Johnson this man can stand up to the EU and fight for his countries place in the world.

Back here is Ireland we have that little joke of a man Leo Varadkar who is a total yes man to the EU.

You’d seem to have an anti Eu mindset without being able to articulate why.
    Can you elaborate apart from the tired ‘anti democratic’ one liner please?
    Democracy seems very un-important to Eu Religionists:eek:

I wonder why that is :eek: Is it because Democracy does not guarantee the Eu the result it commands :eek:

If you Value your Democracy ; Run from the Eu and do it now before its too late .

Democracy seems very un-important to Eu Religionists:eek:

I wonder why that is :eek: Is it because Democracy does not guarantee the Eu the result it commands :eek:

If you Value your Democracy ; Run from the Eu and do it now before its too late .

Ehhh ok

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Democracy most certainly is one of the greatest things mankind has created, but if you think brexit is about democracy, I'm not sure there's any hope for us, hard-line brexiteers have little or no interest in democracy
    The MPs voted 7 out of every 8 to have the referendum . Very keen they were .

52% in the referendum , the most that ever voted for anything in Britain .

83% Voted for parties that said they would respect the Referendum Result .

Now thats Democracy Folks:D

blinding wrote:
    Democracy seems very un-important to Eu Religionists

I'm largely pro EU, I also believe in pro EU groups such as diem25, who also believe that a democratic union is critical, to all of us, so, where do people like me stand?

I'm largely pro EU, I also believe in pro EU groups such as diem25, who also believe that a democratic union is critical, to all of us, so, where do people like me stand?
    One thing for sure is the Eu will not be reformed from the inside .

Has the Mafia ever been reformed from the inside ?;)

I’m not sure you know your history blinding.

The Eu was created as a peace project. Europe having gone through two wars with its constituent countries at each other’s necks.
    And millions died.

The Eu was created to stop that ever happening again.

Ps it’s totally Democratic. Any country can leave any time it wishes.
    Britain’s just utterly divided on leaving.

But you don’t seem to understand stnd the Eu or how it works or what it’s for at all Im afraid

Again, do not discuss mod instruction on thread. Contact a mod directly or use the Help Desk.

dudara

• Advertisement

blinding wrote:
    One thing for sure is the Eu will not be reformed from the inside .

So we should walk away from it, even if collapses our economies, and potentially our societies with it?

Do you have the ability to accurately predict the future, how do you know it cannot to reformed from within?

The MPs voted 7 out of every 8 to have the referendum . Very keen they were .

52% in the referendum , the most that ever voted for anything in Britain .

83% Voted for parties that said they would respect the Referendum Result .

Now thats Democracy Folks:D

And they still haven't delivered on it.
    Roll on October 31st, when farmers lose their EU subsidies and the British government has only pledged to make up a third of the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

They're in the single market so abide by all the market regulations. That's what some in the UK want freedom from and no, leaving would not be easy.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    They're in the single market so abide by all the market regulations. That's what some in the UK want freedom from and no, leaving would not be easy.

The delicious irony being the single market was Britain’s Idea to begin with.

Gas

And they still haven't delivered on it.
    Roll on October 31st, when farmers lose their EU subsidies and the British government has only pledged to make up only a third of the difference.

The Irish people voted no on two EU treaties and our answer was not accepted.
    The British have voted to leave the EU and their answer has not been accepted.

There is only one poll that such matter and that should be the end of the debate.

But like Stalin said I care not who casts the votes I care who counts them.

The people voted and said they wanted out that should be respected end of story.

Boris Johnson has said he will follow the will of the people but I have my doubts.

The Irish people voted no on two EU treaties and our answer was not accepted.
    The British have voted to leave the EU and their answer has not been accepted.

There is only one poll that such matter and that should be the end of the debate.

But like Stalin said I care not who casts the votes I care who counts them.

The people voted and said they wanted out that should be respected end of story.

Boris Johnson has said he will follow the will of the people but I have my doubts.

Both treaties were changed to reflect the reservations of the Irish people.
    They were not the same.

Theresa May also said she'd follow the will of the people.

• Advertisement

Both treaties were changed to reflect the reservations of the Irish people.
    They were not the same.

Theresa May also said she'd follow the will of the people.

I think Boris is a snake in the grass he is saying what people want to hear before he stabs them in the back.

As regards Theresa May she was clearly installed to derail Brexit.

The Eu was created as a peace project. Europe having gone through two wars with its constituent countries at each other’s necks.
    And millions died.

But you don’t seem to understand stnd the Eu or how it works or what it’s for at all Im afraid
    Many a political Institution started one way and ended another way .

Didn’t the Nazis have their roots in the German Workers Party .

You got a keep your eye on the Democratic Ball .

So we should walk away from it, even if collapses our economies, and potentially our societies with it?

Do you have the ability to accurately predict the future, how do you know it cannot to reformed from within?
    There has not been a democratic decision in the 26 Counties to leave the Eu .

In Britain there has been .

Many a political Institution started one way and ended another way .

Didn’t the Nazis have their roots in the German Workers Party .

You got a keep your eye on the Democratic Ball .

Democracy really only is a smokescreen though.

As twain said ‘if voting changed anything they wouldn’t allow us do it’

Only have to look at the us to see how utterly fake and broken their democracy is.
    Hello there electoral college.

Democracy really only is a smokescreen though.

As twain said ‘if voting changed anything they wouldn’t allow us do it’

Only have to look at the us to see how utterly fake and broken their democracy is.
    Hello there electoral college.

And to add to that the most important things we are not even allowed have a vote on.

Open boarders no problem just call all who object a racist censor the news and slander and ban people from online discussion who do not toe the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Boris on Sky News live now...am I in the real world, is this a dream, am I currently in some kind of Purgatory awaiting dispatch above or below, how in the jaysus is this man the Prime Minister of the UK, pure waffler of rubbish?

Only have to look at the us to see how utterly fake and broken their democracy is. Hello there electoral college.

I think the electoral college is a good way of doing things. Otherwise you would have the most densely populated areas like new York and California legislating for themselves and not representing the likes of Iowa and South Carolina.

It's not perfect but it's not a broken system

And to add to that the most important things we are not even allowed have a vote on.

Open boarders no problem just call all who object a racist censor the news and slander and ban people from online discussion who do not toe the line.

I hate to be that guy but it’s borders. Not boarders.

Always strange to me anyone railing against open borders always seems to make that spelling mistake.

Anyways. Even within the Eu open borders are a myth.
    Your passport will be checked in Berlin or Dublin or Paris no matter what.
    It’s kind of a red herring that people are freaking out over it when it’s actually baseless

I think the electoral college is a good way of doing things. Otherwise you would have the most densely populated areas like new York and California legislating for themselves and not representing the likes of Iowa and South Carolina.

It's not perfect but it's not a broken system

That’s kinda exactly why it is totally undemocratic

Democracy is about the will of the majority of the people.

And the places you mention, one is almost desolate I’ve been there.
    The other is pure red neck and could do with some turning a blind ear to its nonsense

Boris on Sky News live now...am I in the real world, is this a dream, am I currently in some kind of Purgatory awaiting dispatch above or below, how in the jaysus is this man the Prime Minister of the UK, pure waffler of rubbish?

Ireland by comparison.

Organised Gang Warfare with guns
    Massive homeless problem
    Health service on its knees
    Working class wage collapse
    Retirement age the highest in Europe
    Hellish retirement homes
    Massive welfare bill for non working immigrants
    Areas becoming no go due to immigrants
    Road deaths due to speeding still way too high
    Policing is a joke
    Elderly people dying in dirty hospitals
    Massive cruelty to animals allowed carry on by a section of our society
    Rural home invasions by the same section of our society
    Young people still forced to leave this country

Political correctness rammed down our necks 24/7
    Anybody who disagrees branded a Nazi

Yes the Prime Minister of another country being a bit of a plonker really is causing me sleepless nights.:D

Ireland by comparison.

Organised Gang Warfare with guns
    Massive homeless problem
    Health service on its knees
    Working class wage collapse
    Retirement age the highest in Europe
    Hellish retirement homes
    Massive welfare bill for non working immigrants
    Areas becoming no go due to immigrants
    Road deaths due to speeding still way too high
    Policing is a joke
    Elderly people dying in dirty hospitals
    Massive cruelty to animals allowed carry on by a section of our society
    Rural home invasions by the same section of our society
    Young people still forced to leave this country

Political correctness rammed down our necks 24/7
    Anybody who disagrees branded a Nazi

Yes the Prime Minister of another country being a bit of a plonker really is causing me sleepless nights.:D

And a lot of those issues are only going to get worse after Brexit.

That’s kinda exactly why it is totally undemocratic

Democracy is about the will of the majority of the people.

And the places you mention, one is almost desolate I’ve been there.
    The other is pure red neck and could do with some turning a blind ear to its nonsense

If majority ruled here then Leinster would dictate policy for the entire country.
    Can you see how thats not the best system?

If majority ruled here then Leinster would dictate policy for the entire country.
    Can you see how thats not the best system?

Eh what? We don’t have the electoral college system?
    It wouldn’t / can’t happen here as it does in the us

^thank fvck

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

And millions died.

Sorry for the late reply but couldn't let this go unanswered.

The EU was never a peace arrangement, the EU was simple way of Germany to control Europe after 2 failed wars, they managed to succeed by economic means instead of a 3rd war. Countries like France you have very short memories and sold their countries for a pot of gold just like Ireland. The EU is nothing more than an extension of Germany and should be viewed for what is truly is which are member states of the German Empire.

Now the good news, once the UK leave the EU and establish trade deals with the US and together with the US start to undermine and already weakening EU the other member states will start to realise there is life after German rule and start there own referendums and start the process of leaving also. The EU is already an economic crash just waiting to happen. That is why top economists from around the world and outside the EU are recommending to stay away from the EU markets, they are tipping a recession within the next 3 to 5 years and the complete crash of the EU within 10 to 20 years. Italy is just about there and after brexit the EU will start the slide into oblivion.

Now luckily for some of the posters here and Leo fan club members the great German empire will once again be happy to accept Ireland's soul for another pot of gold right after we agree to take ship loads of immigrants that the German public no longer want in their country.

Honestly can't believe what this country has become of late with all the PC crap and the EU fan club. How is living under German rule any different than living under British rule, i mean really what did our previous generations fight for exactly?

And a lot of those issues are only going to get worse after Brexit.
    Brexit Ate My Hamster :eek::D

• Advertisement
Advertisement