Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British version of Trump becomes PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Ireland by comparison.

Organised Gang Warfare with guns
    Massive homeless problem
    Health service on its knees
    Working class wage collapse
    Retirement age the highest in Europe
    Hellish retirement homes
    Massive welfare bill for non working immigrants
    Areas becoming no go due to immigrants
    Road deaths due to speeding still way too high
    Policing is a joke
    Elderly people dying in dirty hospitals
    Massive cruelty to animals allowed carry on by a section of our society
    Rural home invasions by the same section of our society
    Young people still forced to leave this country

Political correctness rammed down our necks 24/7
    Anybody who disagrees branded a Nazi

Yes the Prime Minister of another country being a bit of a plonker really is causing me sleepless nights.:D

Cannot disagree with a lot of that and you have even left out some big ones:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I hate to be that guy but it’s borders. Not boarders.

Always strange to me anyone railing against open borders always seems to make that spelling mistake.

Anyways. Even within the Eu open borders are a myth.
    Your passport will be checked in Berlin or Dublin or Paris no matter what.
    It’s kind of a red herring that people are freaking out over it when it’s actually baseless

?

Passports aren’t in fact checked throughout the schengen zone.

In any case it’s not passport checks that are pertinent, it’s the rights to work or live in any EU countries coming from any other EU country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Sorry for the late reply but couldn't let this go unanswered.

The EU was never a peace arrangement, the EU was simple way of Germany to control Europe after 2 failed wars, they managed to succeed by economic means instead of a 3rd war. Countries like France you have very short memories and sold their countries for a pot of gold just like Ireland. The EU is nothing more than an extension of Germany and should be viewed for what is truly is which are member states of the German Empire.

Now the good news, once the UK leave the EU and establish trade deals with the US and together with the US start to undermine and already weakening EU the other member states will start to realise there is life after German rule and start there own referendums and start the process of leaving also. The EU is already an economic crash just waiting to happen. That is why top economists from around the world and outside the EU are recommending to stay away from the EU markets, they are tipping a recession within the next 3 to 5 years and the complete crash of the EU within 10 to 20 years. Italy is just about there and after brexit the EU will start the slide into oblivion.

Now luckily for some of the posters here and Leo fan club members the great German empire will once again be happy to accept Ireland's soul for another pot of gold right after we agree to take ship loads of immigrants that the German public no longer want in their country.

Honestly can't believe what this country has become of late with all the PC crap and the EU fan club. How is living under German rule any different than living under British rule, i mean really what did our previous generations fight for exactly?

Impeachment investigation of trump has just today been announced.
    Pelosi said there’ll be no US UK trade deal if it’s a no deal brexit that threatens th GFA.
    All trade deals have to be approved by the house before they can even start.
    So the us uk ain’t happening if it’s no deal brexit.
    But you keep living in your bubble. The real world and the facts maybe don’t suit your head canon you should probably have a look outside.
    Even once and again

?

Passports aren’t in fact checked throughout the schengen zone.

I’ve always been checked in the cities I’ve mentioned and others.
    Maybe it’s cos I look forrin even do I’m irish

The EU was never a peace arrangement, the EU was simple way of Germany to control Europe after 2 failed wars, they managed to succeed by economic means instead of a 3rd war. Countries like France you have very short memories and sold their countries for a pot of gold just like Ireland. The EU is nothing more than an extension of Germany and should be viewed for what is truly is which are member states of the German Empire.

It’s nothing like a German empire. The opposite in many ways, Germany wants to fade away in Europe.
    Now the good news, once the UK leave the EU and establish trade deals with the US and together with the US start to undermine and already weakening EU the other member states will start to realise there is life after German rule and start there own referendums and start the process of leaving also.

There will be no trade deal with the US. The U.K. is just too insignificant.

The EU is already an economic crash just waiting to happen. That is why top economists from around the world and outside the EU are recommending to stay away from the EU markets, they are tipping a recession within the next 3 to 5 years and the complete crash of the EU within 10 to 20 years. Italy is just about there and after brexit the EU will start the slide into oblivion.

There are problems in the EU alright but it’s hardly that apocalyptic.
    Now luckily for some of the posters here and Leo fan club members the great German empire will once again be happy to accept Ireland's soul for another pot of gold right after we agree to take ship loads of immigrants that the German public no longer want in their country.

There’s no real evidence that Germany is trying to ship immigrants to Ireland. That said merkel’s immigrant policy was highly destabilising.
    Honestly can't believe what this country has become of late with all the PC crap and the EU fan club. How is living under German rule any different than living under British rule, i mean really what did our previous generations fight for exactly?

How is living under “German rule” different from living under British rule? We’re richer, not starving, not subject to penal laws, not getting shot at in peaceful demonstrations. I could go on.

As for PC ideologies, look west for the reason they have permeated Irish society not to Europe.

You’ve been checked where? Walking around? Taking a train from Brussels? Crossing the Italian border from France?

Ireland is not in the schengen zone if that’s what confusing you.

And do you really think other people from Ireland weren’t checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ireland isn't in Schengen so will be checked if you're entering from Ireland.

You don't get checked when travelling between 2 Schengen countries, even if you're Irish, are you saying you were checked doing this?

8-10 wrote: »
    Ireland isn't in Schengen so will be checked if you're entering from Ireland.

You don't get checked when travelling between 2 Schengen countries, even if you're Irish, are you saying you were checked doing this?

Always Dublin to ______

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Always Dublin to ______

Well then you'd be checked as you're entering a Schengen country from a non-Schengen one.

Schengen countries are the following with no passport controls when you pass from one to the other: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Now the good news, once the UK leave the EU and establish trade deals with the US and together with the US start to undermine and already weakening EU the other member states will start to realise there is life after German rule and start there own referendums and start the process of leaving also. The EU is already an economic crash just waiting to happen. That is why top economists from around the world and outside the EU are recommending to stay away from the EU markets, they are tipping a recession within the next 3 to 5 years and the complete crash of the EU within 10 to 20 years. Italy is just about there and after brexit the EU will start the slide into oblivion.

You realise a trade deal has to go through the US House of Congress? Pelosi stated that any action that damages peace in Ireland will result in no trade deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There will be no trade deal with the US. The U.K. is just too insignificant .

Are you insane? Why would you be making stuff up just to prove a point? The UK is the US 7th largest trading partner with $127 billion going between the 2.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Are you insane? Why would you be making stuff up just to prove a point? The UK is the US 7th largest trading partner with $127 billion going between the 2.

Yes. Within the framework of being an Eu member currently.
    If they do actually leave that all changes.
    Pelosi said there’ll be no deal allowed by the house and even if they manage to the US is going to carve up the uk especially the NHS
    https://www.cato.org/publications/white-paper/ideal-us-uk-free-trade-agreement-free-traders-perspective

‘As for other services areas, health services are an area where both sides would benefit from openness to foreign competition, although we recognize any changes to existing regulations will be extremely controversial. Perhaps, then, for other areas the initial focus should be on other fields such as education or legal services, where negotiators can test the waters and see what is possible. That said, we would envisage a swift, time-tabled implementation of recognition across all areas within 5 years."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

And the EU minus the UK is the second largest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

When they're within the single market! You can't compare current economic merits to a post-Brexit Britain.

8-10 wrote: »
    Well then you'd be checked as you're entering a Schengen country from a non-Schengen one.

Schengen countries are the following with no passport controls when you pass from one to the other: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland

So ireland is under a different set of rules for travel than Europe?

But I thought the EU were dictators and put all kinds of crazy rules on us?

Seems the rule about travel should be top of that list no?

100%sarcasm

• Advertisement

Being 7th of course often means that it’s a tiny fraction of the first two or three. These things tend to be a power distribution.

Trade with the U.K. 1/6 of China alone.

It’s far better to measure percentages of total trade. The U.K. is about 3% of the US total trade of ~$3.8T

The European Union is about $770B, although that includes the U.K. at the moment.

Being 7th of course often means that it’s a tiny fraction of the first two or three.

Trade with the U.K. 1/6 of China alone.

It’s far better to measure percentages of total trade. The U.K. is about 3% of the US total trade of ~$3.8T

And this is facilitated under the US EU trade deal, which won't exist in 3 months for Britain and may well take years to renegotiate.

You can also guarantee the EU will have a hand in some protectionist clauses in whatever deal the US and UK come up with.

The UK has a service and high tech manufacturing based economy. Their only markets are industrialised countries.

No point talking about 168 non EU countries.
    What the f"ck is Mauritius or the Seychelles going to do with UK exports? (These are 2 of the only 7 countries the UK has managed to sign trade deals with BTW)

So ireland is under a different set of rules for travel than Europe?

But I thought the EU were dictators and put all kinds of crazy rules on us?

Seems the rule about travel should be top of that list no?

100%sarcasm

Dude, stop digging that trench. You clearly know nothing about travel movement in the EU.

Dude, stop digging that trench. You clearly know nothing about travel movement in the EU.

I was having a dig at the anti eu crowd here but it clearly went over head at a height. I’ve moved all around Europe by the way and it’s wonderful being able to.

Birth rates in Britain set to plummet overnight haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Impeachment investigation of trump has just today been announced.
    Pelosi said there’ll be no US UK trade deal if it’s a no deal brexit that threatens th GFA.
    All trade deals have to be approved by the house before they can even start.
    So the us uk ain’t happening if it’s no deal brexit.
    But you keep living in your bubble. The real world and the facts maybe don’t suit your head canon you should probably have a look outside.
    Even once and again

Where is the link to Trump's so called impeachment? More dreams from the unwashed and left.
    I must have slept through the US election where Nancy(friend to the unwashed and left) was elected new US president.
    The UK is leaving i know its hard for you to accept but it is time for a reality check. And Trump has already stated on numerous occasions the US trade deal is as good as done and paperwork only needs drawing up.
    And sorry the EU fan club here in Ireland are the ones living in there bubble under the rainbow next to Leo.

Where is the link to Trump's so called impeachment? More dreams from the unwashed and left.
    I must have slept through the US election where Nancy(friend to the unwashed and left) was elected new US president.
    The UK is leaving i know its hard for you to accept but it is time for a reality check. And Trump has already stated on numerous occasions the US trade deal is as good as done and paperwork only needs drawing up.
    And sorry the EU fan club here in Ireland are the ones living in there bubble under the rainbow next to Leo.

It’s all over the news today and you somehow missed it.
    Impeachment investigations was what I said. Be careful to try read what was said.
    Link
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-house-democrats-are-choosing-now-to-launch-impeachment-investigation?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

As to your taking trumps word as gospel, you’re beyond help there I’m afraid. I’ve a huge statue for sale in New York while you’re buying everything anyone tells you

It’s nothing like a German empire. The opposite in many ways, Germany wants to fade away in Europe.

Absolute load of PC crap of course we are under German rule. Wake up before its too late.

The UK is the worlds 5th largest economy, as for being insignificant you are correct, that's exactly what the EU will become within 10 to 20 years.

The world's leading economists would strongly disagree with you and have issued warnings about the imminent crash of the euro.

There’s no real evidence that Germany is trying to ship immigrants to Ireland. That said merkel’s immigrant policy was highly destabilising.

Ireland just agreed to sign the new immigrant intake put forward by the Finnish people even after stated they wouldn't sign it. Again our values and traditions sold for another pot of gold from the overlords.

How is living under “German rule” different from living under British rule? We’re richer, not starving, not subject to penal laws, not getting shot at in peaceful demonstrations. I could go on.

Correct now we live under German rule and are subject to greater homeless than ever, lowest ever home owner rates, local gangs have more weapons than the Gardi and we cant really arrest anyone because it infringes on their human rights. And lastly we will be starving and unemployed after the EU crashes because we burned the UK with our holy than now attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Impeachment investigations was what I said. Be careful to try read what was said.
    Link
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-house-democrats-are-choosing-now-to-launch-impeachment-investigation?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

As to your taking trumps word as gospel, you’re beyond help there I’m afraid. I’ve a huge statue for sale in New York while you’re buying everything anyone tells you

That huge statue in New York is a statue of liberty, not freedom.

Liberty is not freedom, it's subject to capability and has limitations.

Very much like communism, there's no such thing as freedom especially in the liberal sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

As good as done, except the paperwork? You mean just like Brexit?

Catch yourself on.

Link

Nothing I have read on that mentions anything other than the normal dribble, they are considering impeaching Trump. Nowhere that i read does it state that it has began? Happy to be corrected please show me where though.

Nothing I have read on that mentions anything other than the normal dribble, they are considering impeaching Trump. Nowhere that i read does it state that it has began? Happy to be corrected please show me where though.

You were already corrected in my original post. It’s. Right. There.

Jaysis it’s like talking to donkeys

As good as done, except the paperwork? You mean just like Brexit?

Catch yourself on.

Trade deals take years to work out.
    I wouldn't believe a word Trump says on it.

Also, Britain is at a major disadvantage in any negociation, so don't expect the terms to be favourable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Jesus, pot kettle.

I misread your original statement fair enough. But they have been trying to impeach him for ages, how is this any different its an investigation that again will be unsuccessful but nice to see them keeping the dream alive for you.

• Advertisement

Jesus, pot kettle.

You again. Anything of substance to say? Pretty sure attacking a poster across multiple threads is not allowed. As lame as your attempts are.
    Let’s report and find out shall we?

You again. Anything of substance to say? Pretty sure attacking a poster across multiple threads is not allowed. As lame as your attempts are.

You really don’t like people calling out your spoofing.

You really don’t like people calling out your spoofing.

Still waiting on evidence of that.

Still waiting on you to actually make a post that isn’t ‘at’ someone.

I’m here all day. Come on at me.

I misread your original statement fair enough. But they have been trying to impeach him for ages, how is this any different its an investigation that again will be unsuccessful but nice to see them keeping the dream alive for you.

I don’t care either way. The Americans got what they deserved and are suffering for it. No skin off my nose at all.

Still waiting on evidence of that.

Still waiting on you to actually make a post that isn’t ‘at’ someone.

I’m here all day. Come on at me.

Stop spoofing ffs.

Yes lets see, I am deeply offended by your very hurtful insult against me. Now I wont be able to walk into a field ever again through fear of seeing a donkey and reminding me constantly of your insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cut out the bickering. Next poster who continues it will get carded.

And Trump’s potential impeachment can be discussed in one of the Trump threads.

dudara

Absolute load of PC crap of course we are under German rule. Wake up before its too late.

Saying it again doesn’t prove it. If we were under German rule then we’d be speaking, er, German. In fact your mind is still a british colony.

The UK is the worlds 5th largest economy, as for being insignificant you are correct, that's exactly what the EU will become within 10 to 20 years.

3% of US trade. The EU as a whole is the largest trade partner.

The world's leading economists would strongly disagree with you and have issued warnings about the imminent crash of the euro.

Your world’s leading economist was one bloke you linked to.

Ireland just agreed to sign the new immigrant intake put forward by the Finnish people even after stated they wouldn't sign it. Again our values and traditions sold for another pot of gold from the overlords.

Is Finland Germany now?

Correct now we live under German rule and are subject to greater homeless than ever, lowest ever home owner rates, local gangs have more weapons than the Gardi and we cant really arrest anyone because it infringes on their human rights. And lastly we will be starving and unemployed after the EU crashes because we burned the UK with our holy than now attitude.

All of those issues are local failures precisely because the Germans aren’t ruling us. They run their own country well enough. Better healthcare. Fewer gangs. Better judiciary. Maybe they should run the place.

As for starving you may want to investigate which country is in food deficit and it’s not ireland. We import british food only because of the british super market supply chain which is (unlike the German super market chains here) bring in their processed food from the UK. M&S for instance entirely sources it’s packaged food from the U.K.

They will have to adapt as the Germans have by sourcing here. Meanwhile Ireland still has a huge market for its food in the EU.

If Britain has a trade war on food it will starve.

Funny enough I tend to dislike parts of the EU, including the half hearted attempt at the Euro but this kind of nonsense needs debunking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Birth rates in Britain set to plummet overnight haha
    Brexit didn’t fook my wife :eek:;)

• Advertisement

U.K. stats on food sources from their very own government.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/food-statistics-pocketbook-2017/food-statistics-in-your-pocket-2017-global-and-uk-supply

50% of British food is imported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The posturing the past few days has been great let's see where it gets them.

Calhoun wrote: »

It won’t be even a managed climbdown.

It will be Boris falling from a great height for contradicting everything he said that got him here.

Old Irish proverb.

Busllh!t will get you to the top. But it won’t keep you there.

Who Leo and Simon :eek:;)

It will be Boris falling from a great height for contradicting everything he said that got him here.

Old Irish proverb.

The reality of Irish politics from the 60’s does not back that up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,460 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm sure on D Day a lot of people in the UK and USA were thinking, wtf have we done. We've loss thousands upon thousands of lives, what a complete F C K U P!
    But history looks back on it as a necessary catastrophe that led to the tide turning in World War 2, and in the end it brought freedom.
    A No Deal will be tough, but give it a few years and they'll look back on it with pride, and they'll praise all those who had to suffer so that they could find their freedom from the EU. What ever hardship a No Deal brings, it will be worth it in years to come.
    Boris will look like an idiot on OCT 31st if he takes them out, but history will look back on him kindly, and label him a hero for being brave enough to do it.

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    The reality of Irish politics from the 60’s does not back that up ;)

You’re clearly some bored bastard somewhere who doesn’t hand a clue but needs to be heard to make up for whatever you’re missing in life.

But if not you could at least get the facts right. Not like you have anything else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Stop moaning ffs carded for ignoring mod warning to cut out the bickering.

dudara

blinding wrote: »
    Who Leo and Simon :eek:;)

No Boris and Sammy Wilson, we have a legally binding backstop.

We don't need to posture only advise what would happen if the great British empire engaged in perfidious albion.

Old Irish proverb.

I cannot wait :)

No Boris and Sammy Wilson, we have a legally binding backstop.

We don't need to posture only advise what would happen if the great British empire engaged in perfidious albion.
    You don’t have a legally binding backstop if the British do not sign up to it which they won't;):P

• Advertisement
Advertisement