If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar query

Options
  • 23-07-2019 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for a soundbar to go with my aging PDPLX5090 now that it has moved rooms :)
    Preferably with a wall mount option, and not necessarily with a sep sub, it's a small enough room.
    Main thing though is to have more than one hdmi in, I'm planning on taking the speakers off the pioneer and have it serve as display only.

What are my options please?

-Coley.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

coley wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking for a soundbar to go with my aging PDPLX5090 now that it has moved rooms :)
    Preferably with a wall mount option, and not necessarily with a sep sub, it's a small enough room.
    Main thing though is to have more than one hdmi in, I'm planning on taking the speakers off the pioneer and have it serve as display only.

What are my options please?

-Coley.
    Hi Coley,

There aren't many single soundbars with multiple HDMI inputs, most will come with a separate subwoofer as well.

The first I would look at would be the Sony HTXF8500 at £349. It has one HDMI input and an ARC HDMI output.

If you are looking for multiple inputs I would recommend the Yamaha YSP2700 at £529. This is a bigger soundbar with a separate sub but it has 3 HDMI inputs with one output:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202216-yamaha-ysp2700-black-soundbar.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

yeah the Yamaha is a lovely piece of kit, but hadn't planned on spending that much.
    Am I fairly limited in my choices?

Also ARC is no use to me - the Pioneer is pre-ARC HDMI.

-Coley.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

coley wrote: »
    yeah the Yamaha is a lovely piece of kit, but hadn't planned on spending that much.
    Am I fairly limited in my choices?

Also ARC is no use to me - the Pioneer is pre-ARC HDMI.

-Coley.
    Hi Coley,

With multiple HDMI inputs your choices would be quite limited. The only other way to do this would be to connect an optical cable to the TV however this will not process certain soundtracks like DTS and True HD.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.