If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 50UK6750PLD

Options
  • 23-07-2019 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm interested in getting this as my first 4k hdr tv. Just wondering what version of webOS has this from factory?. And is the webOS something that gets firmware updated automatically?. I ask because for Emby app from LG store to work it requires web os 3.0+
    I would be ordering from Dublin, how would delivery etc work?. Also heard people talking about voucher code?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

califano wrote: »
    Hi I'm interested in getting this as my first 4k hdr  tv. Just wondering what version of webOS has this from factory?. And is the webOS something that gets firmware updated automatically?. I ask because for Emby app from LG store to work it requires web os 3.0+
    I would be ordering from Dublin,  how would delivery etc work?. Also heard people talking about voucher code?
    Hi califano,

The 50UK6750 has Web OS 3.0 as it's part of the ThinQ AI system. There will be updates to the OS but I'm not sure if the OS version will change with the updates. You would need to set the update settings to automatic in the settings menu otherwise you need to scan for updates.

Let me know what what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks will do.

Parcel Motel would probably be best if in Dublin?.

Parcel Motel would probably be best if in Dublin?.
    Hi Califano,

We are unable to ship to Parcel Motel addresses but shipping to ROI is just £6.99. We only have the one store for both NI and ROI and it's in Belfast. There are 52 other stores throughout England, Scotland and Wales but to collect from them you would need to order through richersounds.com, we are www.richersounds.ie and our website covers delivery to NI and ROI.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Ah 6.99 be grand. I'll let you know when I pull the trigger.

• Advertisement

Ah 6.99 be grand. I'll let you know when I pull the trigger.
    No problem, keep me posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

Hi califano,

The 50UK6750 has Web OS 3.0 as it's part of the ThinQ AI system. There will be updates to the OS but I'm not sure if the OS version will change with the updates. You would need to set the update settings to automatic in the settings menu otherwise you need to scan for updates.

Let me know what what you think.

Kind regards

David

The Thin IQ started with WebOS 4.0 which was the 2018. This TV comes with WebOS 4.0 out of box as it's the 2018 tv

Hi I'm interested in getting this as my first 4k hdr tv. Just wondering what version of webOS has this from factory?. And is the webOS something that gets firmware updated automatically?. I ask because for Emby app from LG store to work it requires web os 3.0+
    I would be ordering from Dublin, how would delivery etc work?. Also heard people talking about voucher code?

This TV is on on WebOS 4.0 out of the box so you're okay

Hi I'm interested in getting this as my first 4k hdr  tv. Just wondering what version of webOS has this from factory?. And is the webOS something that gets firmware updated automatically?. I ask because for Emby app from LG store to work it requires web os 3.0+
    I would be ordering from Dublin,  how would delivery etc work?. Also heard people talking about voucher code?

This TV is on on WebOS 4.0 out of the box so you're okay
    You're absolutely right, thanks Loughrey2887!

Thanks anyway guys for the input. I changed my mind and down sized to a 43'' Samsung on Saturday. Decided 49''/50'' be a bit big for the living room. 

• Advertisement

Thanks anyway guys for the input. I changed my mind and down sized to a 43'' Samsung on Saturday. Decided 49''/50'' be a bit big for the living room. 
    I think you should consider a 49/50 inch as I have one in a small bedroom and find it to be a great size. The problem with smaller TVs is that the smaller you go the less advantage 4K TV will be to you as it's harder to take advantage of the extra detail the TV offers at a smaller size.

I think you should consider a 49/50 inch as I have one in a small bedroom and find it to be a great size. The problem with smaller TVs is that the smaller you go the less advantage 4K TV will be to you as it's harder to take advantage of the extra detail the TV offers at a smaller size.
    Suppose horses for courses and different opinions. I just think a massive tv is a bit gross is a standard size room or especially a small room. Bit too gangsta for some!. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Suppose horses for courses and different opinions. I just think a massive tv is a bit gross is a standard size room or especially a small room. Bit too gangsta for some!. 
    Hey Califano.

Glad that you have been sorted with a 43"

If we can help any way in future please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.