Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Uptheduff wrote: »
    No my GP didnt take any blood. Thanks for the info. Looks like its not unusual for nothing to happen until 20 weeks :/ I had a different GP on my last pregnancy (same clinic though) and she was a lot more thorough. Im pretty sure there was an appointment scheduled for around 12 weeks. I miscarried before that though. I probably just want my hand held a bit more this time as a result.

Totally understandable considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

Had a scan today, which showed an empty gestational sac. Back next Tuesday to see if anything has changed or to confirm miscarriage 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Ardgorm wrote: »
    Had a scan today, which showed an empty gestational sac. Back next Tuesday to see if anything has changed or to confirm miscarriage ��

Ah god I’m so very sorry...was it your 12 week one or earlier?
    I’m sure waiting until Tuesday is going to feel incredibly long for you. I hope you have plenty of support x

Chelle_C wrote: »
    Ah god I’m so very sorry...was it your 12 week one or earlier?

Thank you x i thought I was around 8 weeks. They said there is a chance I'm earlier an something will show on next scan. Otherwise the sac will have not have grown or will be too big for there to be any uncertainty. I noticed my pregnancy symptoms easing a few days before and I don't really feel any now at all so I'm not at all hopeful really. Its the not knowing that I'm finding really hard

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ssshhh1234

Had a scan today, which showed an empty gestational sac. Back next Tuesday to see if anything has changed or to confirm miscarriage 😢

Really very sorry to hear that. Sending lots of positivity to you. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Odette22Odile

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of love and positivity your way.

Thanks everyone. After reading some others experiences online (I was warned not to and I know I shouldn't) I actually have a little hope that hopefully I can cling to until Tuesday. At the same time I'm scared of giving myself false hope but it's made today a bit easier so I think it's just about getting to Tuesday now an dealing with it when it's actually confirmed.

Sorry for bringing a negative tone to the thread. I hope everyone else is doing really well xx

Thanks everyone. After reading some others experiences online (I was warned not to and I know I shouldn't) I actually have a little hope that hopefully I can cling to until Tuesday. At the same time I'm scared of giving myself false hope but it's made today a bit easier so I think it's just about getting to Tuesday now an dealing with it when it's actually confirmed.

Sorry for bringing a negative tone to the thread. I hope everyone else is doing really well xx

You haven’t brought negativity at all, we’re here to support each other through good or bad x

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

It turns out I am scheduled for a 12 week scan after all, phew!

I hope your doing ok Ardgorm. Fingers crossed for good news at the next scan.

Ardgorm, best of luck to you for tomorrow.
    You’re in my thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Best of luck today Ardgorm, really hope all goes well.

Thank you for thinking on me today x
    Unfortunately the sac has grown and still empty so a miscarriage is confirmed. I'm hoping it will pass naturally, if not I've to decide between medication or a d & c. Anyway that's a conversation for another thread.

Thanks everyone again for you good wishes, hope everyone is keeping really well and best of luck with your preganacys xx

I really am sorry to hear that Ardgorm.
    I hope you have good friends and family around you at this time. Mind yourself x

Really very sorry to hear that Ardgorm, mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sosa1

Hi all,

Just about eligible to join this chat as I have a due date of 30th March! Had an early scan yesterday to confirm pregnancy and heard a heartbeat, wasn't expecting that- it was pretty surreal!

Anybody else here going Public with Holles St? Would love to hear about your experience with them.

Sosa1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just about eligible to join this chat as I have a due date of 30th March! Had an early scan yesterday to confirm pregnancy and heard a heartbeat, wasn't expecting that- it was pretty surreal!

Anybody else here going Public with Holles St? Would love to hear about your experience with them.

Congratulations!

I'm going public with Holles St too, I don't know if I'll be much help though as it's my first pregnancy! I had my 12 week scan the other day, all went well and they were very nice in there. I was waiting a good while though, even though I got there at 7.30am, the waiting room was a bit of a mad house!

I found it very tough to decide whether to go public or not, still hoping we've made the right decision.

Hi all,

Congratulations Sosa1!!

I'm due 21st of March and using Holles Street public. This will be my second time although a 12 year gap. I didn't have the easiest delivery first time round and found the doctors and nurses fantastic. I definitely could not fault the level of care I received. I do agree the waiting room for visits particular on your first can be a little hectic.

I had my 12 week scan last week and my due date has been pushed back a few days to Feb 27th - but I’m staying in this thread too as first babies are usually overdue!

I got very emotional when having the scan, it was lovely.
    The photos I got were very clear, you can see the individual fingers on one hand.
    And in another the baby is giving me the middle finger haha!

I’m attending Drogheda hospital and I found it all very straightforward and quick.
    I’m going to be using the MLU (Midwife Led Unit) which apparently has less waiting times for my future appointments which is great.
    I’m not back now until the end of Nov which feels like AGES away!!

I have a teeny bump which is not visible in the day but in the evening you can see it, I can’t wait for it to grow :)
    I’m going on holiday next week and wish I had a proper bump so I don’t just look like I’ve been on the biscuits and cakes a bit too much!

And finally, I bought a Babylo Cozy Sleeper today because I got paid and HAD to buy something...I want to assemble it right this moment however I think it would be a bit odd to have it next to my bed when I’m only 13+3 :p

Congratulations!

I'm going public with Holles St too, I don't know if I'll be much help though as it's my first pregnancy! I had my 12 week scan the other day, all went well and they were very nice in there. I was waiting a good while though, even though I got there at 7.30am, the waiting room was a bit of a mad house!

I found it very tough to decide whether to go public or not, still hoping we've made the right decision.
    It's my first pregnancy too, so its blind leading the blind here!

Unfortunately since I only recently got health insurance, due to the mandatory waiting period, I wasn't eligible to be covered for semi-private or private so had to go the Public route. Glad to hear you got a scan at 12 weeks, I had heard some say that they didn't get a scan until the 20 week appointment, was partly the reason I decided to go for an early scan and just pay for it
    Ssshhh1234 wrote: »

Congratulations Sosa1!!

I'm due 21st of March and using Holles Street public. This will be my second time although a 12 year gap. I didn't have the easiest delivery first time round and found the doctors and nurses fantastic. I definitely could not fault the level of care I received. I do agree the waiting room for visits particular on your first can be a little hectic.

Great to hear you had such a positive experience! I'll just be sure to bring a book with me to my first appointment & expect a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

My pregnancy tracker app has suggested I get a nuchal fold test about now. Has anyone else had one?

• Advertisement

Uptheduff wrote: »
    My pregnancy tracker app has suggested I get a nuchal fold test about now. Has anyone else had one?

We were considering one but aren't sure, I'm not particularly "high risk" so the doctor said she didn't necessarily recommend it but it was up to us. Would be keen to know if anyone else has had one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,379 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bit of a lurker here...I'm not pregnant, but my wife is (with our first). Been a long time trying, multiple failed IUIs, were just about to start ivf and then it happened naturally. All a bit mad.

13 weeks in, booking scan tomorrow but have had 4 other scans (1 in a + e, others cos didnt believe it at first, then gap between first time in private and tomorrow was bit long so got another one in). All going well so far thankfully. Going private as it is first time.

Congrats Mushy! It’s mad how things work out isn’t it. For our first, we had 9 months of ovulation induction to get pregnant. This time we weren’t even really trying and it just happened.

Congrats to you and your wife Mushy!

Anybody else find that the nausea and tiredness goes away for a week or so, and then just as you are starting to feel normal again BAM it hits you again like a sack of bricks?!

I though I had luckily escaped the first trimester awfulness a bit early - I'm only about 10.5 weeks - but nope this morning was hit with nausea, a headache and all I want to do is go straight to bed....!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer4321

Hey all, there is 3 for 2 in boots at the moment if any one needs to stock up on prenatal vitamins:)

Congrats to you and your wife Mushy!

Anybody else find that the nausea and tiredness goes away for a week or so, and then just as you are starting to feel normal again BAM it hits you again like a sack of bricks?!

I though I had luckily escaped the first trimester awfulness a bit early - I'm only about 10.5 weeks - but nope this morning was hit with nausea, a headache and all I want to do is go straight to bed....!

Yes! I’m 14 weeks, been bragging about how my sickness and tiredness plus the need to pee 27 times a night had gone since week 12...and now it’s back.
    Thanks Mother Nature, you’re a real pal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

im not due until May but hoping someone further on can help me...
    Can I ask what happens at the first GP visit?
    Ive read online you are to bring your own urine sample?
    Ive no issue with that I just dont know its the "done" thing?
    Thanks a mill in advance!

dragonfly! wrote: »

For mine they take bloods and I give a urine sample during the appointment. I’ve never brought it with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi ladies, not for me, but for my friend. is there an irish only march 2020 facebook group set up ? I am in once for march 2018 babies and it is fantastic, shes not able to find it (mostly American ones)

• Advertisement

dragonfly! wrote: »

Depends on your GP.
    Mine done nothing other than have a chat and give me the referral letter for the hospital!
    I didn’t have to give a urine sample or blood tests etc until my 12 week scan/booking appointment.

Advertisement