Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Chelle_C wrote: »
    Depends on your GP.
    Mine done nothing other than have a chat and give me the referral letter for the hospital!
    I didn’t have to give a urine sample or blood tests etc until my 12 week scan/booking appointment.

Thank you
    After all my worrying about it and bringing a sample
    He didnt even take urine samples he said a positive on a home test is enough for them :D

He took my blood pressure, checked my heart rate, my breathing, my belly and boobs

Back in 3 weeks to see the midwife

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ssshhh1234

First hospital visit tomorrow will be 12 + 4. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat.

Did anyone else have some fear before their first appointment? Thinking the worst my mind's overdrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Ssshhh1234 wrote: »
    First hospital visit tomorrow will be 12 + 4. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat.

Did anyone else have some fear before their first appointment? Thinking the worst my mind's overdrive!!

Fear doesn’t quite cover it! I was a bag of nerves.
    I barely slept the night before, I had myself convinced that something was going to be wrong.

When I went in to get my scan I was shaking and the lady asked me if I was ok. I started crying as I was so nervous and she was so kind to me! It also resulted in me getting double the normal amount of printed pictures!
    I’m doing this alone since my partner of 6 years decided he doesn’t want a baby and doesn’t want me to contact him again so I imagine I was more scared than usual as I was attending the appointment by myself.

There’s nothing quite like seeing the heart beating away, tomorrow will be lovely for you - very best of luck x

Fear doesn’t quite cover it! I was a bag of nerves.
    I barely slept the night before, I had myself convinced that something was going to be wrong.

When I went in to get my scan I was shaking and the lady asked me if I was ok. I started crying as I was so nervous and she was so kind to me! It also resulted in me getting double the normal amount of printed pictures!
    I’m doing this alone since my partner of 6 years decided he doesn’t want a baby and doesn’t want me to contact him again so I imagine I was more scared than usual as I was attending the appointment by myself.

There’s nothing quite like seeing the heart beating away, tomorrow will be lovely for you - very best of luck x

I'm so sorry to hear that Chelle, I cannot understand anybody like that!! You will do just fine and I'm sure you will make an absolute amazing Mam.

I've just finished my visit all was absolutely fine thank god. Quite a traumatic time first time around (12 yrs ago) hence the gap! Explained my labour worries and the consultant couldn't have been nicer. Little trouble getting blood as I've really deep veins but sure that's all part of the process hey!! If it was easy men would be doing it.

Hope your feeling well x

Ssshhh1234 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear that Chelle, I cannot understand anybody like that!! You will do just fine and I'm sure you will make an absolute amazing Mam.

I've just finished my visit all was absolutely fine thank god. Quite a traumatic time first time around (12 yrs ago) hence the gap! Explained my labour worries and the consultant couldn't have been nicer. Little trouble getting blood as I've really deep veins but sure that's all part of the process hey!! If it was easy men would be doing it.

Hope your feeling well x

Delighted everything went well for you. I’ve been so much more relaxed in general since my 12 week scan, I’m 15+5 now and really enjoying the pregnancy whereas prior to that, every twinge I felt would have me in a panic.
    Getting past that milestone really put my mind at ease.

I feel so well now that I honestly don’t really feel pregnant and had to google if that’s normal yesterday but apparently it is and the whole 2nd trimester should feel good so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sosa1

Great to hear you're feeling well, its nice to have that to look forward to!

Had my first apt in Holles Street yesterday, people dont exaggerate - the waiting room was absolutely jam packed! The whole thing took about three hours in the end, but at least we got a quick scan and some pics we can show people now that we can start telling friends and family! Was unsure about going public but I dont see how private could have been much better service wise- maybe a little quicker, but I didnt mind the wait.

Next apt with the GP in 4 weeks, and back to Holles Street in 8...its all really starting to feel real now !

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

Hey... does anyone want to set up or join a Mammy's in march facebook chat or wassapp group?
    My sister-in-law has made some amazing mummy friends from doing this on boards in the past...

TBH... i wouldn't mind having the chats with some friends who are all in the same boat!
    I'm due 17th MArch.
    Currently 14 weeks.

If anyone interested, let me know!

omg, i thought i was the only one who thought that any little ache meant that something was wrong!
    Nah.... you are growning a baby in your belly! its not gonna feel normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Hey... does anyone want to set up or join a Mammy's in march facebook chat or wassapp group?
    My sister-in-law has made some amazing mummy friends from doing this on boards in the past...

TBH... i wouldn't mind having the chats with some friends who are all in the same boat!
    I'm due 17th MArch.
    Currently 14 weeks.

If anyone interested, let me know!

I'd be interested in joining one purplekitty! Always great to chat to people in the same boat :)

Is anyone heading to the Pregnancy & Baby Fair in October? It feels very early to be looking at stuff to buy but I saw the code today for half price tickets (PB50 for anyone interested) so I think I'll head along for a look.

I'd be interested in joining one purplekitty! Always great to chat to people in the same boat :)

Is anyone heading to the Pregnancy & Baby Fair in October? It feels very early to be looking at stuff to buy but I saw the code today for half price tickets (PB50 for anyone interested) so I think I'll head along for a look.

I'd also be interested Purplekitty. I have tickets Innervison will probably go the Sunday I used the PB100 code and got them free of charge but nearly sure it's expired now. I bought a baby bath yesterday €1.99 in Aldi couldn't leave it. Waiting to find out the gender before I start buying everything else.

• Advertisement

I’d love to join a Facebook group

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer4321

Great idea! I’d be interested in a Facebook group also. It’s nice seeing what everyone is experiencing as we are all along the same timeline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Popping in from the November thread but Everymum on Facebook have a birth month group for those in ireland it’s brilliant. Maybe see if they have one there first might cast a wider net for people too.

AMAZING!!!
    Great!
    How will i set it up?
    Cant wait to chat with you all about the miracle of pregnancy LOL

AMAZING!!!
    Great!
    How will i set it up?

If you go to Groups on FB then click Create
    We could all them add ourselves once we know the name 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Odette22Odile

AMAZING!!!
    Great!
    How will i set it up?

I would love to join also!

Having 12 week scan this afternoon, and whilst obviously very excited, I am very anxious. Totally normal, I’m sure!

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer4321

If anyone is interested there is a March 2020 everymum.ie group on Facebook. Just be sure to pick the Irish one as the is a US one too.

How did you get on?

All well, thankfully! It was very emotional and a huge relief, and I think we both feel a bit more settled now, if that makes sense!

All well, thankfully! It was very emotional and a huge relief, and I think we both feel a bit more settled now, if that makes sense!

Absolutely it does, I was like a different woman after mine!
    I didn’t realise how stressed and worried I’d been until that point, I totally relaxed after it.

Delighted it went well for you, congrats x

• Advertisement

Hey ladies! PM me your numbers and I'll set up a wassapp group!
    I just did my 4 months announcement to my family today! First kid for me, and I'm 34... so it was a lovely moment for me!
    Tehehehe!
    How did yawl tell your families?

I would love to join also!

Having 12 week scan this afternoon, and whilst obviously very excited, I am very anxious. Totally normal, I’m sure!

Awwww.... did you get all teary eyed when it flickered up on screen????

If you go to Groups on FB then click Create
    We could all them add ourselves once we know the name 😊

I cant create a group unless I have names!!!! Come find me... Lynn Smith-Ryan. My profile pic is me in a yellow jumper :) I'll get us all in a group or something!

Awwww.... did you get all teary eyed when it flickered up on screen????

I absolutely did! It was just amazing to see everything really clearly.

Next thing, deciding when to tell people. 13 weeks tomorrow, so feel that is a good milestone! Parents all know, but I would love to tell my siblings 😊

I absolutely did! It was just amazing to see everything really clearly.

Next thing, deciding when to tell people. 13 weeks tomorrow, so feel that is a good milestone! Parents all know, but I would love to tell my siblings 😊

Omg... I just did it YESTERDAY!
    here... join the group and we'll have chats

Join my group on Messenger by visiting: https://m.me/join/AbYNbLq5SWXO3BYP

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

No teary eyes for me or my husband at the scan. Hearts of stone :D It was nice to see it wriggling around and apparently healthy but no emotional reaction. Told both sets of parents straight after. I'm not in a big rush to start broadcasting just yet.

Uptheduff wrote: »
    No teary eyes for me or my husband at the scan. Hearts of stone :D It was nice to see it wriggling around and apparently healthy but no emotional reaction. Told both sets of parents straight after. I'm not in a big rush to start broadcasting just yet.

How long are you gone? 😆

Join :)

• Advertisement

Uptheduff wrote: »

I think had I not been so nervous prior, I might have been less weepy (no guarantees though, ads on TV have been known to make me cry before!) I think I would rather not tell anyone for a while yet, and definitely am in no rush to tell friends or work or anyone - it just feels odd not telling siblings as we are a very open bunch with each other. Plus, I think I would like them to know!

Advertisement