Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2020

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

I think had I not been so nervous prior, I might have been less weepy (no guarantees though, ads on TV have been known to make me cry before!) I think I would rather not tell anyone for a while yet, and definitely am in no rush to tell friends or work or anyone - it just feels odd not telling siblings as we are a very open bunch with each other. Plus, I think I would like them to know!

Is there any reason you're holding off on telling them? As you've had your scan and everything is looking well, I see no reason for you not to share the news :)

Ladies, just an FYI.
    I'm 17 weeks and just rang the hospital (Drogheda) to ask when my next scan is as I was expecting one around 20-22 weeks.

I was told that I was not getting one as I am low risk and therefore the only scan I was entitled to was the 12 week one I've already had.

I was really surprised by this, I assumed that everyone was entitled to the 20 week anomaly scan and I'm really disappointed.

So just a heads up that depending on which hospital you're with, if you're expecting a second scan you may want to check this as no one told me!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

How long are you gone? 😆

15 weeks today. I've told work because they were starting to get suspicious anyway. I reckon I'll tell friends as I see them. We're happy keep the news low key.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Chelle_C wrote: »
    So just a heads up that depending on which hospital you're with, if you're expecting a second scan you may want to check this as no one told me!

Unfortunately not all hospitals give them as standard because of staffing issues. I didn’t get one for my last child so got a private one. They are quite expensive but worth it for the piece of mind if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Odette22Odile

Is there any reason you're holding off on telling them? As you've had your scan and everything is looking well, I see no reason for you not to share the news :)

No reason at all - I think just since this is the first time we’re experiencing this, i’m being extra cautious

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not all hospitals give them as standard because of staffing issues. I didn’t get one for my last child so got a private one. They are quite expensive but worth it for the piece of mind if you can afford it.

Was it an anomaly scan you got or just one to have a look?
    As I'm looking on the Swords clinic page and can't see they offer anomaly scans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Was it an anomaly scan you got or just one to have a look?
    As I'm looking on the Swords clinic page and can't see they offer anomaly scans?

It was an anomaly scan. They are often called anatomy scans. I’m in Cork so can’t recommend somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ladies, just an FYI.
    I'm 17 weeks and just rang the hospital (Drogheda) to ask when my next scan is as I was expecting one around 20-22 weeks.

I was told that I was not getting one as I am low risk and therefore the only scan I was entitled to was the 12 week one I've already had.

I was really surprised by this, I assumed that everyone was entitled to the 20 week anomaly scan and I'm really disappointed.

Are you in the MLU in Dogheda Chelle?That may be why, although personally I think they should give them to everyone.Absolutely get a private one if you can, although you may have to go closer to Dublin for it than Swords.

shesty wrote: »
    Are you in the MLU in Dogheda Chelle?That may be why, although personally I think they should give them to everyone.Absolutely get a private one if you can, although you may have to go closer to Dublin for it than Swords.

Yes, I'm in the MLU
    I had a docs check up this morning and discussed it with her, she said it is very disappointing that it's not offered to everyone and is very unfair however it's just how it is.

I found a couple of places in Dublin I can go to, €185 though...so unfair that I have to pay that when other women get it for free!

Advertisement