Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished phone

Options
  • 23-07-2019 3:25pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought a refurbished Samsung phone from a local franchise shop which has not worked since I got it.. Either off or constantly restarting, my question is that I am outside the seven day return they offer due to my work pattern. The phone is not fit for purpose. Can I get a swap for same model or will I be forced to send away?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your options (in terms of consumer rights) are limited if it's a refurbished model. Bring it back to the shop with the receipt. Be polite (don't go in with guns blazing) and see what they offer as redress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sales of Goods Acts still apply if the supplier is operating as a business. The goods need to be of merchantable quality and work for a reasonable amount of time. As above be polite but if that doesn't work use the Small Claims Procedure.

Advertisement