Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETSA - two middle/first names?

Options
  • 23-07-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

How are middle names submitted on an ETSA application?

There are two in addition to my first name on my passport but when I enter them, the site combines them in to one name, which is not how they appear on my passport.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bocking 14 wrote: »
    How are middle names submitted on an ETSA application?

They're not, use only your first name. Doesn't matter how many forenames are on your passport.

Same when booking flights. Nobody cares about second and subsequent names, they simply lead to this type of confusion.

And next time you're renewing your passport, drop the second and other names. But be careful to keep your passport and driving licence in sync so as there are no 'difficulties' when renting a car.

Last time I was renewing my passport, I made the mistake of putting first and second names in the field where they ask how you want your name to appear on the passport. A nice man from the passport office phoned me, pointed out that I only had my first name on the old passport and did I really want two names on the new one, strongly advised me to leave them out. Took his advice.

Advertisement