If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" Recommendation

Options
  • 23-07-2019 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there, am looking for some advice regarding a recommendation for a 43" TV. I'm looking to future proof myself for a few years so below is what I think I am looking for:

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR
    - Decent looking / slim frame & feet (subjective I know!)

I'm a bit lost in the world of specs / model numbers so any advice would be great. Probably looking to stay within well known brands of LG / Samsung / Panasonic etc. 

Is there anything on offer at the moment that would be a good buy?

Thanks a mil. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Baxtardo wrote: »
    Hi there, am looking for some advice regarding a recommendation for a 43" TV. I'm looking to future proof myself for a few years so below is what I think I am looking for:

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR

I'm a bit lost in the world of specs / model numbers so any advice would be great. Probably looking to stay within well known brands of LG / Samsung / Panasonic etc. 

Thanks a mil. 
    Hi Baxtardo,

If you're looking for a bargain I would go with the Philips 43PUS6703. At 399 euro it's well priced but it has a micro dimming 4K panel which is far superior to the other edge lit panels around the same price:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-ambilight-tv-freeview-play.aspx

However if you're looking to stay within those brands I would go with the new LG 43UM7400 at 539 euro. It's a fantastic panel with Active HDR, a much better smart hub than the Philips with the WebOS system and packed with features:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204084-lg-43um7400plb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if either of these are what you're looking for!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR

Thanks a mil. 
    Hi Baxtardo,

If you're looking for a bargain I would go with the Philips 43PUS6703. At 399 euro it's well priced but it has a micro dimming 4K panel which is far superior to the other edge lit panels around the same price:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-ambilight-tv-freeview-play.aspx

However if you're looking to stay within those brands I would go with the new LG 43UM7400 at 539 euro. It's a fantastic panel with Active HDR, a much better smart hub than the Philips with the WebOS system and packed with features:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204084-lg-43um7400plb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

That's great, both look good. How would the Samsung UE43RU7100 compare to these? 

Thanks a mil. 

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR

Thanks a mil. 
    Hi Baxtardo,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

That's great, both look good. How would the Samsung UE43RU7100 compare to these? 

Thanks a mil. 
     Hi Baxtardo,

The Samsung is also a great TV but in terms of natural colour and brightness I think the LG has a better panel, and also a better smart hub.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR

Thanks a mil. 
    Hi Baxtardo,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks a mil. 
     Hi Baxtardo,

The Samsung is also a great TV but in terms of natural colour and brightness I think the LG has a better panel, and also a better smart hub.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks. The LG is outside my budget unfortunately as even 500 is pushing it. Last question - I presume the LG 43UK6300PLB is an older model? Would this be recommended in comparison with any of the above? 

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR

Thanks a mil. 
    Hi Baxtardo,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks a mil. 
     Hi Baxtardo,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks. The LG is outside my budget unfortunately as even 500 is pushing it. Last question - I presume the LG 43UK6300PLB is an older model? Would this be recommended in comparison with any of the above? 
    The LG 43UK6300 is a very good TV but it wouldn't be as good as the newer model. I would actually go with the Philips over the 6300 model.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi, I would like to go with the Samsung UE43RU7100. Is there any movement on the price given Amazon have it a bit cheaper? (426 delivered). Would like to go with you if possible.

Thanks. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, I would like to go with the Samsung UE43RU7100. Is there any movement on the price given Amazon have it a bit cheaper? (426 delivered). Would like to go with you if possible.

Thanks. 
    Hi Baxtardo.

I have checked Amazon and we are both priced at £379 but they only offer a one year warranty. 
    We supply our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

The seller will also not ship this TV to the South Of Ireland.

For us to be able to offer a price beat, it must be alike for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee. It must also include delivery if it can not be collected locally.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

- 500 eur budget
    - Ultra HD / 4k / HDR

Thanks a mil. 
    Hi Baxtardo,

Kind regards

David

Snipped by Mod

Cheers Corks Finest :D

Thanks. 
    Hi Baxtardo.

I have checked Amazon and we are both priced at £379 but they only offer a one year warranty. 

For us to be able to offer a price beat, it must be alike for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee. It must also include delivery if it can not be collected locally.

Hi there,

No problem at all. I'm happy to go with you guys and would like to place the order, is there any deal on offer for boards users?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks. 
    Hi Baxtardo.

Hi there,

No problem at all. I'm happy to go with you guys and would like to place the order, is there any deal on offer for boards users?

Thanks
    Hi Baxtardo,

The best price I would have on that at the moment is 449 euro including shipping and a 6 year guarantee (Amazon only include a 12 month guarantee).

If you'd like to go ahead with that drop me a PM with your contact number and I can call you to process that.

Kind regards

David

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

corks finest,

I understand the enthusiasm, but please take a moment to read the Charter ?  Queries here are for Richersounds to answer, its not appropriate to pitch in your advice/opinion from the sidelines:

As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

I've snipped your post and deleted some related posts (Kenny, regrets) to tidy the thread.

If you have a query for Richersounds feel free to open a thread and ask away, but please do not post on this thread again.

Ritz.

Cheers Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

Hi,

Hope it's ok to jump in here, i'm looking for a 43" and interested in the Philips mentioned above and see the link is not active is this tv still available?

celt262 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope it's ok to jump in here, i'm looking for a 43" and interested in the Philips mentioned above and see the link is not active is this tv still available?
    Hi.

No I don't have any of them left I do however have the 43pus6554 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204188-philips-43pus6554-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Regards Stephen

Hi.

No I don't have any of them left I do however have the 43pus6554 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204188-philips-43pus6554-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Regards Stephen

Thanks Stephen would you recommend it or is there anything else in around the 450e range. Main use sairview Netflix, freeview and iptv.
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Celt262,

thanks for the post - if you could squeeze the budget slightly you could get the new Philips 43PUS6754:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204206-philips-43pus6754-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

The 6554 has quite good motion control but the 6754 motion control is enhanced again so the motion control is really excellent - it does bust the budget slightly tho' at £399 / €469

If the smart features are important though the Philips is beaten by the LG 43UM7400:

The 43UM7400 is bang on budget at €449 ( and it would probably work out slightly less expensive for you at the £369 Sterling price point) and has a better smart system with the excellent LG WEB OS3..

Hope that is somewhat helpful - and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way or if you need other info..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Celt262,

thanks for the post - if you could squeeze the budget slightly you could get the new Philips 43PUS6754:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204206-philips-43pus6754-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

The 6554 has quite good motion control but the 6754 motion control is enhanced again so the motion control is really excellent - it does bust the budget slightly tho' at £399 / €469

If the smart features are important though the Philips is beaten by the LG 43UM7400:

The 43UM7400 is bang on budget at €449 ( and it would probably work out slightly less expensive for you at the £369 Sterling price point) and has a better smart system with the excellent LG WEB OS3..

Hope that is somewhat helpful - and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way or if you need other info..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks would sound bar be needed with either of them?

Celt262,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Celt262.

Its really up to yourself on this one.

Most flat televisions just have okay sound due to the space that they actually have to put speakers into.

Adding a soundbar would indeed boost the sound quality of either TV.

You could look at the likes of the Q Acoustics M3 priced at £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13028-q-acoustics-m3-media-3-soundbar.aspx

If you wanted something a bit more beefy there is the Wharfedale Vista 200s coming in at £179
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203831-wharfedale-vista-200s-soundbar-sub.aspx

Celt262,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Celt262.

Its really up to yourself on this one.

Most flat televisions just have okay sound due to the space that they actually have to put speakers into.

Adding a soundbar would indeed boost the sound quality of either TV.

You could look at the likes of the Q Acoustics M3 priced at £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13028-q-acoustics-m3-media-3-soundbar.aspx

If you wanted something a bit more beefy there is the Wharfedale Vista 200s coming in at £179
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203831-wharfedale-vista-200s-soundbar-sub.aspx

I haven't a clue what TV to get there are to many !

On another note to get the english and irish channels do i need to run two cables to the tv?

• Advertisement

Hey Celt262.

You only require one cable for TV stations.
    Plugs your aerial into the back and follow the on screen commands. This will tune in your TV stations.

If you are in the South of Ireland you will not get UK TV stations via Freeview as this is a UK based product.
    You will get Saorview (Irish free to air) with no issues.

Hey Celt262.

Plugs your aerial into the back and follow the on screen commands. This will tune in your TV stations.

If you are in the South of Ireland you will not get UK TV stations via Freeview as this is a UK based product.
    Hey im in the south but near the border so should be able to get both.

Hey Celt262.

Hey im in the south but near the border so should be able to get both.
    Provided you live in a reception area then yes you should

Regards Stephen

Well I went and bought a 50" Samsung tonight of you guys rush of blood to the head!

Well I went and bought a 50" Samsung tonight of you guys rush of blood to the head!
    Cheers for the order Celt262 :D

We will have it processed today and shipped out to you.

Our courier will then be in touch tomorrow via text to confirm the delivery.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.