Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Infraction

• 23-07-2019 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Received an infraction today on Radio for "personal abuse and backseat moderation" for this post in response to tell me how's constant jumping to the defence of Off The Ball.
    Tell me how, you're absolutely painful on this thread. You don't have to jump to OTB's rescue after Every. Single. Negative. Comment.
    Give it a break pal yeah?

I outlined to moderator A Tyrant Named Miltiades! how my "absolutely painful" comments were an attack at the post, rather than the poster, and how constantly having someone responding to every single slight about Off The Ball is an absolute pain.

I cannot comprehend how my below comments are an example of backseat modding:
    You don't have to jump to OTB's rescue after Every. Single. Negative. Comment. Give it a break pal yeah?
    It's not backseat modding, he was being an annoyance and so I asked if he could by any chance stop.
    Backseat Modding would be jumping in and demanding him to stop in bold writing.

What's more, a post by Tell me How which was a slight in my direction went totally unpunished despite me reporting it as well there being much lighter posts by other users that have received punishment
    Athletics and Gah, how she's spent 25 years covering one of those without losing her mind is beyond me.
    Truest thing you've ever said.

I'm also loving the rudeness of A Tyrant Named Miltiades!, who told me to "give-over" in a PM, something I was pretty much punished for saying in a forum, that "this conversation is over now", and when I pulled him up on his rudeness he decided to double up and reply:
    Sorry if you thought that rude, it probably was a bit rude, but yeah I would say that in real life to someone who was just repeatedly denying the obvious.

That mod gave me permission to post PMs and didn't want to talk about the matter anymore, leaving me with no other option but to come here.
    I can post all the PMs if needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone there?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I will alert the CMods to this appeal

24 hours later, still nothing?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please be patient. There is no deadline by which CMods have to get to this. Hopefully one will be along before too long

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hi Advanced Gh0st,

I have reviewed this and I am upholding the infraction. In my view your post was both uncivil and engaging in backseat modding. You received a yellow for being uncivil in Radio only a couple of weeks ago, so I think a red card was appropriate.

Re: what action was or wasn't taken against another user, that's feedback and not the concern of the DRP which is about what action was taken against you.

Let us know if you want an Admin to review.

• Advertisement

Hi Advanced Gh0st,

I have reviewed this and I am upholding the infraction. In my view your post was both uncivil and engaging in backseat modding. You received a yellow for being uncivil in Radio only a couple of weeks ago, so I think a red card was appropriate.

Re: what action was or wasn't taken against another user, that's feedback and not the concern of the DRP which is about what action was taken against you.

Let us know if you want an Admin to review.
    I'd like an admin to review, I'd also like further explanation for the upholding of the infraction please.

OK, I've had a look at this

You told another poster (as you quoted above)

"Tell me how, you're absolutely painful on this thread. You don't have to jump to OTB's rescue after Every. Single. Negative. Comment.
    Give it a break pal yeah?"

So you were aiming your comments at the poster rather than the post.

You were also telling another poster what to do ("give it a break"). If you have an issue with a post or poster report it and leave the mods to deal with it

From the Forum Charter
    You are expected to be friendly & courteous.

Your above comments were neither, and you were essentially being uncivil towards another poster

The mod gave you a red card for Breach of Forum Charter. It could easily have been under the heading "uncivil" or indeed "Backseat Moderation"

As it was, Breach of Forum charter accommodates all of this

In terms of the severity of the sanction, a red card may appear a little harsh. However as the Cmod pointed out to you you had picked up a yellow for being uncivil only a couple of weeks previously. Indeed during March you picked up a forum ban which was reduced to a yellow on appeal to the mod. Hence I consider a red entirely appropriate and am upholding the card

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I've had a look at this

You told another poster (as you quoted above)

"Tell me how, you're absolutely painful on this thread. You don't have to jump to OTB's rescue after Every. Single. Negative. Comment.
    Give it a break pal yeah?"

So you were aiming your comments at the poster rather than the post.

You were also telling another poster what to do ("give it a break"). If you have an issue with a post or poster report it and leave the mods to deal with it

From the Forum Charter

Your above comments were neither, and you were essentially being uncivil towards another poster

The mod gave you a red card for Breach of Forum Charter. It could easily have been under the heading "uncivil" or indeed "Backseat Moderation"

As it was, Breach of Forum charter accommodates all of this

In terms of the severity of the sanction, a red card may appear a little harsh. However as the Cmod pointed out to you you had picked up a yellow for being uncivil only a couple of weeks previously. Indeed during March you picked up a forum ban which was reduced to a yellow on appeal to the mod. Hence I consider a red entirely appropriate and am upholding the card
    I'll accept the first part begrudgingly, but you're stretching the bejesus out of it to call it backseat modding.

No way did I tell the poster what to do. Even the question mark at the end tells the story that I was asking and hoping he would cut it out as opposed to demanding him to do something.

I think that the severity of the card should be taken on this case and not on the basis of previous cases, there's no way it's harsh enough to be a red.

Card upheld, and marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement