Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humira long term

• 23-07-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    My daughter (23) has suspected Moderate Crohns and has been recommended to start on Humira. For the last five years she had gastritis, gastroenteritis, pancreatitis at different times and gall bladder removal at 18.

I have read about Humira here on some threads but I'd like to know how many people are on it long term. Did you develop any side effects.

I find the 1/10 chance to get malanoma and the high chances to get other cancers very concerning and frightening.

What kind of life can she expect in general (I know its an impossible question)

Will she even have a normal lifespan?

Is it best to go with Humira despite the risks. She's in bits atm emotionally.

Comments

I think first you need to weigh out the benefits versus risks. What kind of life is she living now and what life could she live if humira worked for her. The adverse events must be know and will be often different for each user; but, sometimes it takes going on medication to understand how bad you were doing without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    I think first you need to weigh out the benefits versus risks. What kind of life is she living now and what life could she live if humira worked for her. The adverse events must be know and will be often different for each user; but, sometimes it takes going on medication to understand how bad you were doing without it.
    I was on humira for UC for over a year and it worked really well for me, I had no UC symptoms at all , unfortunately it stopped working for me and eventually had to have a colectomy (which is the best thing that ever happened to me )

Advertisement