Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC DTV Dialler

Options
  • 23-07-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I have a HKC alarm running with the DTV analog dialler. I'm away from the building for a few days and the alarm has triggered, and so the dialler is constantly ringing out to me. Is there any way to disable / reset / acknowledge from the call it makes to stop it dialling out? Last time this happened I got a €400+ bill from eircom for the calls! Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did this unit text your mobile phone originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dbro

kub wrote: »
    Did this unit text your mobile phone originally?

Yes, until eircom stopped the service.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have engineer access to disable the dialler? Otherwise disconnect the phone line & the dialler from the panel.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you have engineer access to disable the dialler? Otherwise disconnect the phone line & the dialler from the panel.

I have the engineer code, but I cant physically access the unit. I was hoping there was a way to disable the dialler remotely, maybe from the call it makes. For now I've had to bar the number from calling me and disable voicemail to stop it racking up the call costs

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can yes.
    In Engineer goto Serial Port> Dialler>Modem Service>Default Modem.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can yes.
    In Engineer goto Serial Port> Dialler>Modem Service>Default Modem.

I think I'm missing something. What do I need to do that remotely? Is it software, or does the dialler allow me to call in to it?

Sorry , I misunderstood. I though you could get someone else to the keypad.

Advertisement