Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted for commenting on posters politics

Options
  • 23-07-2019 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

No issue with the MOD. Issue with the red card.

This is my post:
    I didn't bother responding to you last post and your quality of discussion has degenerated further with this.
    You insist on defending every aspect of this FG government. It's tiresome and not believable as genuine unbiased commentary. That's what you do regardless of the issue. That's fine but pointless in dealing with you. I am not calling you a FG supporter. I would not personally insult you in such a manner. Just calling it as it is.
    I've a genuine lack of faith in Harris or any minister who 'didn't know' or 'just found out' what their department knew or had being dealing with for some time. You should really take that with a pinch of salt if you disagree but both yourself and Andrew are like dogs with a bone, which I would find very odd from any casual folk.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110769137&postcount=1407

This is the reasoning:
    <snip>

"Had it been established which party pays Matt Barrett to post here 24/7?

SF or FF?

Just asking sorry if it’s been answered before."

<snip>

It's clear that the warning is in regards of my being asked which party pays me to post.

In my post which I gained the infraction for I pointed out that the poster, who himself has stated previously is a Green party supporter, always defends the Fine Gael government. This is a statement of fact, not an accusation. I even went so far as to state I wasn't calling him a Fine Gael supporter.
    He consistently takes the side of the Fine Gael government in every discussion.
    So where am I breaching charter here in pointing that out? The point of the post was my explaining the futility in engaging with him further given his long recorded stance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you appealing the card? If so you need to start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum. If not you are welcome to enquire here, but PMs cannot be quoted without the sender's permission except withiiin the DRP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you appealing the card? If so you need to start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum. If not you are welcome to enquire here, but PMs cannot be quoted without the sender's permission except withiiin the DRP

Will do. The link provided brought me here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement