If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereo amp with subwoofer out

Options
  • 23-07-2019 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a stereo amp with a subwoofer out to pair up with some Monitor Audio Vector V10s and the VW-8 sub that I bought from you years ago.

I'll buy some better speakers in due course but for now I'll recycle what I have lying around.

The set up will be used for music streaming from a Chromecast Audio and possibly as a 2.1 system also.

Do you have anything that fits the bill?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

I'm looking for a stereo amp with a subwoofer out to pair up with some Monitor Audio Vector V10s and the VW-8 sub that I bought from you years ago.

I'll buy some better speakers in due course but for now I'll recycle what I have lying around.

The set up will be used for music streaming from a Chromecast Audio and possibly as a 2.1 system also.

Hi Voodoochile,

If you're looking for a good amp with a sub out that will match well with the Monitor Audio speakers I would recommend the Cambridge Audio CXA60. It's a fantastic amplifier, I've had a listen to all and it's probably the best mid range amp I've heard:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201266-cambridge-cxa60-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

It's currently £549 or 649.99 euro.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Hi,

Hi Voodoochile,

If you're looking for a good amp with a sub out that will match well with the Monitor Audio speakers I would recommend the Cambridge Audio CXA60. It's a fantastic amplifier, I've had a listen to all and it's probably the best mid range amp I've heard:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201266-cambridge-cxa60-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Unfortunately the budget is quite restricted at the moment (just finishing up a house build).  Realistically the max I can stretch to at the moment is around 300 GBP.  I'd consider something in this range, but if nothing stacks up (and matches the speakers well) I'll continue with my phone / cans combo for a while until the budget can be improved.

Thanks,
    V

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Hi Voodoochile,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Unfortunately the budget is quite restricted at the moment (just finishing up a house build).  Realistically the max I can stretch to at the moment is around 300 GBP.  I'd consider something in this range, but if nothing stacks up (and matches the speakers well) I'll continue with my phone / cans combo for a while until the budget can be improved.

Thanks,
    V
    Hi V,

I have had a look and there isn't a stereo amp at the £300 mark with a sub out. I would have recommended the Marantz PM6006 but unfortunately it doesn't have a sub output.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. I’ll hold fire for a while and see if I can up the budget over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Onkyo 9110?

• Advertisement

That’s interesting, thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

That’s interesting, thanks
    Hey Voodoochile.

There is the A9110 as PCDub mentions which comes in at £199
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203833-onkyo-a9110-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

You could perhaps also take a look at the Onkyo TX8130 priced at £279.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203838-onkyo-tx8130-black-network-stereo-receiver.aspx

There is also the NEW Denon PMA30 priced at £299
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203394-denon-pma30-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

PcDub,

Please take a moment to read the Charter, pitching in your opinion here is not welcome or appropriate :

Forums.
    [*]If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

[*]If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Ritz.

Cheers Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Apologies for comment but i did say 9110.. :)  hopefully works out for everyone.

• Advertisement

PCDub wrote: »
    Apologies for comment but i did say 9110.. :)  hopefully works out for everyone.
    Hey PCDub.

No worries at all.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I think the Onkyo fits the bill for me. I also need a TV now.

Could you give me a price on:

Onkyo a-9110
    Philips 50pus6703

Can you confirm that the Philips has a saorview tuner? Are there any alternatives to be considered at this price point?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I think the Onkyo fits the bill for me.  I also need a TV now.

Could you give me a price on:

Onkyo a-9110
    Philips 50pus6703

Can you confirm that the Philips has a saorview tuner?  Are there any alternatives to be considered at this price point?

Thanks
    Hey Coodoochile.

The 50PUS6703 is still available and it a good television.

I've no real movement on the TV unfortunately.

Best price for both items delivered would be £584.

The Philips will indeed pick up Saorview with no issues.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny,

Ok, let’s run with that. I’ll take the amp in silver to match the tv. How can I place the order?

Hi Kenny,

Ok, let’s run with that.  I’ll take the amp in silver to match the tv. How can I place the order?
    Hey VoodooChile.

Unfortunately the A9110 is only available in the Black finish.

Let me know if this would suit.

Ok Kenny. Please let me know how to complete the order. Thanks

Ok Kenny. Please let me know how to complete the order. Thanks
    Hey Voodoochile.

If you drop me over your contact number in a PM we call give you a little buzz :)

Ok, details sent

Ok, details sent
    Cheers VoodooChile.

We will call you ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.