Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New computer constantly crashing

Options
  • 23-07-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

keeping getting this error in the picture

Its like a bug crash?
    constantly happens when playing games sometimes not even doing anything
    seems to happen when my pc is under load (not heavy load just medium load) but im only guessing it could be a coincidence

Ive got a Ryzen 3600
    MSI Tomahawk
    16gb ram
    w10 saved on ssd navi
    650 psu gold
    rtx2060super

also the error code above it the DistributedCOM also seems to cause it to crash sometimes (not all the time) but it comes up constantly on event viewer so it must be a problem

The pc came to me custom made
    they tested it and sent it to me like this.
    I heard theres alot of stuff about bios and that but i dont know if its related because sometimes the pc runs fine for hours then out of no where its nothing but hassle

pictures below

would rather fix it if i can then return

cheers guys

edit: cant even update my gpu drivers, crashs instantly once it trys to install them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

pics are below
    sorry i left out the error discriptions lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have you tried running one ram stick? Or else running RAM at 2133mhz? Just to rule out that. Is it crashing the system?

Have you tried running one ram stick? Or else running RAM at 2133mhz? Just to rule out that. Is it crashing the system?

im not sure how to do that.
    I think they messed up the permissions in bios maybe
    im also getting this error as well

pic attached

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is it a M2 ssd you are using?

Is it a M2 ssd you are using?

ya
    its a

Crucial P1 500GB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD
    wins10 is installed on it (obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'd wipe the SSD and do a fresh install and make sure you have all correct drivers installed including the chipset drivers and newest bios updated also. Someone posted a link in the Zen thread of a chipset driver download direct from AMD. You can also find it yourself from a google or searching the AMD website.

Mail the place you got it from those attachments. They'll have to fix the problem for you.

I'd wipe the SSD and do a fresh install and make sure you have all correct drivers installed including the chipset drivers and newest bios updated also. Someone posted a link in the Zen thread of a chipset driver download direct from AMD. You can also find it yourself from a google or searching the AMD website.

I'm gonna ring them see if they will control my PC on there side to have a look.
    Il just send it back if it can't be fixed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I'm gonna ring them see if they will control my PC on there side to have a look.
    Il just send it back if it can't be fixed that way.

Uninstall all components...everything and flash bios to the newest ver19.

Use a usb2 stick format to fat32 and Follow the exact instructions on YouTube, msi flashback.
    https://youtu.be/iTkXunUAriE
    Try that first.

The system is a prebuilt. I really wouldn't mess around with anything. The supplier should have to fix the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The system is a prebuilt. I really wouldn't mess around with anything. The supplier should have to fix the problem.

Ah rite
    I'd contact them and ask them if it's ok for you to flash the bios in the bios then. It'll save you s load of hassle and time.

The instructions are on msi site. It's quite simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

This. I wouldn't be trying anything with it in case they try to wiggle out of any warranty they gave by claiming you broke it.

Send it back , let them fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah rite
    I'd contact them and ask them if it's ok for you to flash the bios in the bios then. It'll save you s load of hassle and time.

The instructions are on msi site. It's quite simple.

Simple or not, if something goes wrong a lot of companies will hold it against you and claim you voided the warranty.

While it's a pain, absolutely do contact them directly.

Lads it's not a prebuild it's a custom build
    I picked the parts and paid for them to assemble it. That wouldn't effect warranty . If I messed with bios then maybe it would but I can certainly take it'sparts out and refit them.

Anyhow I'm returning it tomorrow
    PC is stuck on boot screen
    So it's packed now and ready for return

Advertisement