Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to reschedule pre mocks

Options
  • 24-07-2019 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

So the annual calendar just came out. School starts in September and I'm going into my final year this year which means lots of university stuff. I am from Ireland and applied to go to uni in Holland in June to study computer science . There is a conference for Irish students wishing to study in Holland on October 23rd called "omg we are going dutch" in Dublin but my mock exams are also on that day. What the hell do I do? My school is strict so I'm not sure if they will let me reschedule

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mocks are nothing to do with the SEC. It is entirely a school issue. Myself, in some cases I query whether they have any value at all.

Explain to your year head what is happening and either do them when you get back or don't bother. A good teacher will have a fair idea how you are going to do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Whatever about mocks, which might at least help students identify timing issues, and get a reminder of what it feels like to work under exam conditions, etc. ... pre-mocks?!

What next, pre-pre-pre-mocks at the start of 5th year?!

Advertisement