Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF stage 17: Pont du Gard - Gap 200 km

Options
2»

Comments

Like two naughty school boys in the principals office.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Like two naughty school boys in the principals office.

100% if we act like we are both equally at fault and sorry, maybe we will get away with it. Personally I would have loved a big bitching match where they said what they felt. All handbags over a minor mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Weepsie wrote: »
    Seems Ineos were basically trying to barge past the Jumbo guys without any due care. If that's the case, it's Martin who is unfortunate
    I understand that you hate Ineos, I'm not a fan myself, but that's a pretty one sided interpretation.

JV deliberately boxed in Rowe on the climb and then switched all over the place to stop him going around. If Ineos did that you'd be up in arms, they get slagged all the time for negative racing.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Weepsie wrote: »
    There's a clip on a dutch site of Rowe trying to pull Martin back off his bike.

https://nos.nl/tour/video/2294913-bekijk-het-gebakkelei-tussen-martin-van-jumbo-visma-en-rowe-van-ineos.html

Seems Ineos were basically trying to barge past the Jumbo guys without any due care. If that's the case, it's Martin who is unfortunate

Brailsford is p!ssed off, so it's good to me.

Translating that page with the google translate thing gave the following headline:

"View the pastry between Martin van Jumbo-Visma and Rowe van Ineos"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

The hammer came down hard on them, DQ's for them both

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/luke-rowe-and-tony-martin-expelled-from-tour-de-france/

The main engine room for both teams gone.

Severe penalty but a side benefit of this incident is that the tour will be more open and uncertain as both those teams had strong trains.

I wonder how it would have played out if the clash was between supporting riders for JAP and Pinot.

On second thoughts the commissaires don't lack balls as was evidenced by Sagan's expulsion a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It is great for conspiracy theories that the road captains of the 2 teams most likely to deny JA or Pinot the yellow jersey are kicked out the day before 3 decisive days in the alps...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Severe penalty but a side benefit of this incident is that the tour will be more open and uncertain as both those teams had strong trains.

I wonder how it would have played out if the clash was between supporting riders for JAP and Pinot.

On second thoughts the commissaires don't lack balls but sometimes logic as was evidenced by Sagan's incorrect and unwarranted expulsion a few years back.

Fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

retalivity wrote: »
    It is great for conspiracy theories that the road captains of the 2 teams most likely to deny JA or Pinot the yellow jersey are kicked out the day before 3 decisive days in the alps...

Well at the end of the day it comes down to a couple of people interpreting rules and making decisions based on them.

Who are they, where are they from, what are their interests and where do their heart lies ?

When decisions comes down to fine margins, these things play a huge part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

neris wrote: »
    Tomorrow's stage looks savage

I look forward to your stage thread that I assume you will be posting shortly :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Well at the end of the day it comes down to a couple of people interpreting rules and making decisions based on them.

Who are they, where are they from, what are their interests and where do their heart lies ?

When decisions comes down to fine margins, these things play a huge part.

Jury president is Italian. The jury itself is composed of 4 members. One each from France, Spain, Belgium and Canada.

The problem with the conspiracy theory is that it relied on the two riders - who are both around long enough to know better - to act the bollox in the first place.

IMO, the ruling was overly harsh but the jury didn't make the lads start slapping each other in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement