Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Investigates tonight (21:35): Crèches, Behind Closed Doors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Withdrew our kid from one of this companies creches. Looking forward to seeing it later.

*Huge* staff turn over, which is a bad sign of management in any business

It's not a sign of them mistreating kids though. The only wrong doing so far seems to have been by the owner herself, not any of the staff she employs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Read what I said, the staff they employ leave [very frequently] - at the branch one we know - and in any business that I have ever known about, a major reason for large staff turn over is that management are bad [and "bad" in that way, can go loads of directions/meanings]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Read what I said, the staff they employ leave [very frequently] - at the branch one we know - and in any business that I have ever known about, a major reason for large staff turn over is that management are bad [and "bad" in that way, can go loads of directions/meanings]

I read what you said, quite clearly. Still absolutely nothing to do with the care provided by the rest of the staff, NONE of whom (so far) are alleged to have done anything wrong. Same with the past problems the crèche had.

Do tell us more so, other than vague speculation about what bad could possibly mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So glad I’m of an age where my mother stayed at home and I wasn’t dumped into one of these sh1tholes “cared” for by strangers

No foreign holidays no fancy cars or other crap

they are not the things you remember

Thanks mam

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So glad I’m of an age where my mother stayed at home and I wasn’t dumped into one of these sh1tholes “cared” for by strangers

Thanks mam

What an insult to all the wonderful men and women doing this work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Some seem to think the solution to this is so simple, things are usually never that simple.

Many things never to be in place for one parent to stay at home to mind children:

The person needs to be happy to stay at home full time.

The couple need to be able to survive and provide on one salary.

The family need to be able to make do in the event of the one earner losing their job.

Ourselves, we're lucky in that we could afford to live on my salary which is quite good. However I'm in the private sector so always run the risk of potentially being let go, while my wife is full time public sector so very secure. Thankfully my wife took nearly a year of maternity leave with our first, hopes to do with our second and takes every Wednesday as a parental leave day.

All that said it made me feel terribly guilty sending our daughter to crèche at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Sono

Thanks mam

How many kids have ya got yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thanks mam

You do know that this is one creche don’t you ? Its not indicative of all creches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The owner of these creches looks like an awful evil bitch.

Sono wrote: »
    How many kids have ya got yourself?

• Advertisement

Shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

The owner of these creches looks like an awful evil bitch.

Part 3 looks like it may prove that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I presumed this was going to be an investigation into various creches, just wondering why the programme is only focusing on one particular business. I'm by no means condoning what I am seeing but it seems somewhat biased. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Joe will be creaming himself thinking of all de calls tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This is grim viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Some seem to think the solution to this is so simple, things are usually never that simple.

Things are actually incredibly simple. It’s a question of priorities.

Oh God the poor babies . This is horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

This is a horrific watch.

Watering the milk down for every toddler was tight, although I'd have little problem with it if it had been a temporary measure for kids with reflux. Giving the children nutritionally awful packet noodles for dinner which cost 12 cent per packet was more of the same.

No surprise then to see a very, very healthy set of profits for the company recorded. I had thought insurance premia were crippling the profit of these companies. Far from it. The €1.25 million which they received from the taxpayer could be better spent by going into a state-owned childcare system than into these private companies which will never care about anything but their profit. Yet another failure of the "privatise everything" rightwing ideology.

It would be nice to see one crusading politician in Dáil Éireann who will push for a state-owned pre-school education system. Ireland could be a world leader if it started that.

I'd say there's going to be some drama from parents in those four crèches tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

She is a twisted b@stard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

One particular person in those videos would want a good hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Omg, this is horrendous

She should be arrested for child abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Sickening the profits she made how she ran those creches. She has about as much compassion as a door knob. God this would anger the sh!te out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The owner's behaviour is reprehensible.

I hope they're shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

People are surprised by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

What a cruel c**t

It’s like something out of Romania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

Has that woman been arrested for child abuse?

If that was me undercover I don't think I could walk out and leave her to continue this treatment, programme or not.

Advertisement