Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Investigates tonight (21:35): Crèches, Behind Closed Doors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

jon1981 wrote: »
    That was a tough watch. As a parent with a daughter in a creche it was difficult to watch that monsters behaviour. Actually I'd imagine difficult for anyone!

It made me cry for the little kids . Poor lambs were scared

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

I was upset watching the show, especially part 3. This is why I’ve stayed home with my babies. Sure money’s tight for us, but I’d rather that than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwilldare

Stephen15 wrote: »
    There you go this is a by product of the feminist movement promoting women to go out work instead of raising children to benefit international finace capitalism. All part of a globalist movement which puts children last hardly a surprise this is apparently what the people want at least according to the feminists and globalists.

It's not really an appropriate time for the tinfoil hats.

Crèches and old folks homes, high profits and poor standard of care. The other common denominator is people without a voice being exploited.

Terrible thing to watch but doubt very much will be done about it.

Not all of them are like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

What's the issue with what I said? Do you not like the fact that children are generally better off in their mothers care than the care of a profit making business?

Of course children are better off with their mothers but to say what this woman was doing to the babies in those clips is to be expected because women choose to go out and work like us men do is a gross thing to say.

I genuinely feel sorry for the women you work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

..those 12 cent Tesco noodles with chicken flavouring. Awful.

Served with very little water too, I'd have problems eating that sodium addled crud as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So despite a history of breaches of regulations, this creature is still opening more crèches? What is TUSLA actually for, can someone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Does anyone know what happened with Giraffe and Links after the last investigation?

Really very little from what I can find online.

Realistically.....probably just closed for a month and then back open with a new name on the door, business as usual!

I imagine the Irish regulation industry as being similar to the cops in GTA; just spray paint your car a different colour and they completely ignore you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Is there any state agency that is doing their job properly?

Similar to the IGB and the EPA on which there were programmes recently , Tusla only started doing their job after being notified of by PT of an investigation.

These agencys are getting massive money and doing sweet f-all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Neyite wrote: »
    Will do.

As soon as the magic money tree I planted in the garden bears fruit. Should be any day now.

Isn't it more expensive to pay a creche than have a stay at home parent?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

jos28 wrote: »
    I presumed this was going to be an investigation into various creches, just wondering why the programme is only focusing on one particular business. I'm by no means condoning what I am seeing but it seems somewhat biased. Am I missing something?

They said at the beginning that apparently RTE investigates received calls from some concerned parents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I genuinely hope that woman gets assaulted on the street, it's what she deserves for treating children like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

What's the issue with what I said? Do you not like the fact that children are generally better off in their mothers care than the care of a profit making business?

Yeah how dare you question the "women can have it all" narrative. They have every right to achieve self-actualisation by warehousing their kids for 10 hours a day in the care of people earning minimum wage.

I genuinely hope that woman gets assaulted on the street, it's what she deserves for treating children like that.

I hope she gets arrested for child abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭chin nuts

I'd just like to point out that not all creches are like this absolute sh!thole. My kids go to a private creche run by the most dedicated owners and the the staff have been there since the day it opened. They are a credit to the industry. I actually feel sorry for them after watching that because the same numties will tar their hard work with the same brush as the pigs in that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Where does Anne Daly live?? I

Does anyone here have children in her creche?

How come no parents have visited the creches and not see this??

Tusla have a lot to answer for. They need a kick in the hole too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Depends on the salary that the parent staying at home is giving up and income tax credit implications etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

sabat wrote: »
    Yeah how dare you question the "women can have it all" narrative. They have every right to achieve self-actualisation by warehousing their kids for 10 hours a day in the care of people earning minimum wage.

Or the kids Dads could stay at home and look after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Depends on how many kids you have in one. I've known people paying thousands. More than a mortgage.
    Personally I don't think it's a nice environment for babies. Toddlers maybe for a few hours but not babies

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Can Tusla report her for assault to the Gardaí or do the parents have to report it? She might not be caring for the children day to day anymore (according to the statement) but she’s still involved in the company. She still has a say in how it’s run.
    She needs to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Can Tusla report her for assault to the Gardaí or do the parents have to report it? She might not be caring for the children day to day anymore (according to the statement) but she’s still involved in the company. She still has a say in how it’s run.
    She needs to go.

The undercover reporter reported her to TUSLA. I'm sure they can contact Gardai if they have concerns.
    It's not good enough that she walks away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I'm sure they will just rebrand and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

she steps down

their legal team carefully word the responses to the evidence and ensure there is no admission of any type of liability

money hungry cun ts - all of that family deserve something

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Does anyone know what happened with Giraffe and Links after the last investigation?

Really very little from what I can find online.

Very little. Links is still run by the same people, very similar in manner to that tramp Anne Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

sabat wrote: »

"Their" kids? Are these children the product of some sort of immaculate conception or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No, both parents don’t have to work, they choose to work, and they choose to outsource the care of their children to people who advertise childcare as a service. It’s no different than parents have been doing since the dawn of human civilisation. Family unit hasn’t broken down at all, it’s still very much the prevalent and fundamental unit of society.

Your favorite hobby horse.

How come no parents have visited the creches and not see this??

As mentioned, RTÉ got a tip-off from parents (plural) about this chain of crèches.

Back in 1967 Donogh O'Malley extended free education to secondary school and all secondary schools which accepted state funding came under state authority. Standardised standards and a watchdog. We need something similar here to be extended to pre-school because there's no way a for-profit company will prioritise children's wellbeing over their profits.

Would Irish taxpayers be willing to pay the extra for this extension of free education? (with, I assume, parents paying say, €500 per month per child rather than €1300 or whatever which private companies charge)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

As mentioned, RTÉ got a tip-off from parents (plural) about this chain of crèches.

Back in 1967 Donogh O'Malley extended free education to secondary school and all secondary schools which accepted state funding came under state authority. Standardised standards and a watchdog. We need something similar here to be extended to pre-school because there's no way a for-profit company will prioritise children's wellbeing over their profits.

Would Irish taxpayers be willing to pay the extra for this extension of free education? (with, I assume, parents paying say, €500 per month per child rather than €1300 or whatever which private companies charge)

When the Government spends as little as it does on education out of the revenue it receives already, higher taxes won’t solve the litany of problems in childcare and education provision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

She needs to go.

It's Ireland... Zero will happen to anyone. She will walk away unscathed because that's how we are. Weak and pathetic backed up by toothless agencies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The owner of these creches looks like an awful evil bitch.

Money and status the main motivators no doubt.

Advertisement