Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

80cm dish with a technomate tm-2t OE

• 24-07-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I'm new to foreign satellite and just wanna get some advice. I set up an 80cm dish that I got hold of.. with a monoblock 6deg I have it working well with 19.2 and 13.. picked up a tm-2t second hand to experiment with and I'm happy with the results so far..

What I'm wondering is, would n 80cm dish be large enough to get 16e and 9.. or perhaps just 16 along with 19 and 13.. my thinking is there are more sports channels on 16 which I would love to have..

My plan would be to lose the mono block in favor of a 4 lnb holder.. and then due to the closeness of 13 16 and 19 .. to get hold of some slim lnbs.. obviously a diseqc will be necessary too..

So yea I'm wondering if this is possible with what I have.. the tm-2t is older but I must say it's performing VERY well.. slotted. 250gb drive in and currently have it working a treat..

Thanks folks

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Why not go motorised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@liam - What type dish is it. Point to a pic of the dish. Theres an old thread here with pics of multi sat setups from the very basic to mad stuff altogether. I'll have a look for it later, unless you find it. It'll give you an idea of whats possible and how inventive you can be.

Not all dishes have suitable multisat bars/holders.

You'll get a 20 degree separation on a Triax TD88 with their multisat LNB holder.

You'll get 9 and 13 with two LNBs side by side, but its the elevation that throws out stuff, hence having the ability to move the bar downwards for the lower Easterly sats. 13 and 16 you'll need skinny lnbs.

Whats on 16E that you want ?

The main ones for feeds are 0.8w, 7e, 10e, and 23.5e.

10e is difficult to align as the others will throw it out. And you wont get 0.8w to 28.2E on one dish, unless its a tordial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭liamtech

STB. wrote: »
    @liam - What type dish is it. Point to a pic of the dish. Theres an old thread here with pics of multi sat setups from the very basic to mad stuff altogether. I'll have a look for it later, unless you find it. It'll give you an idea of whats possible and how inventive you can be.

Not all dishes have suitable multisat bars/holders.

You'll get a 20 degree separation on a Triax TD88 with their multisat LNB holder.

You'll get 9 and 13 with two LNBs side by side, but its the elevation that throws out stuff, hence having the ability to move the bar downwards for the lower Easterly sats. 13 and 16 you'll need skinny lnbs.

Whats on 16E that you want ?

The main ones for feeds are 0.8w, 7e, 10e, and 23.5e.

10e is difficult to align as the others will throw it out. And you wont get 0.8w to 28.2E on one dish, unless its a tordial.

Thanks STB - what i will do is take a snap and upload it to a hosting site and share the link

As to 16E well it seemed when i looked that there were more than a few FTA sports stations - but i have just checked and they are encrypted - perhaps they were temporarily FTA

I will take the pic in any case and welcome any advice that you can offer

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Wouldn't going motorised solve them issues?

Stops you being restricted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I went motorised years ago but bear in mind how much a dish might move in a very high wind.I believe every time it moves it might be a tad off.
    Recently added 60cm for 13 and 19.2 with quad lnbs.If you like to record as i do you would be restricted to where sat is pointing at but multiple feeds and lnbs i dont have that problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement