Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI images second opinion ?

• 24-07-2019 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I had an MRI of lumbar spine recently and got a copy of report and disc with the images and I would really like to get someone to look over the images and give me a second opinion. Is there anyone in Ireland that does this? Seems to be possible in other countries.

Hope I'm asking in the right section.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You can ask your GP to recommend a second Radiologist to view and report on the images.
    It's really not at all that unusual for a 2nd opinion on radiology, as particularly with minor variations it can quite often be a matter of opinion as to whether the difference is a pathology or just variation between payments.

If your G.P won't recommend a second consultant or if you are wary of paying for a GP appointment on top of the second Consultant fee.
    You could try ringing around a few private radiologist clinics to ascertain if they offer the service and the cost.
    I would assume that the cost would be in and around what the scan cost in the 1st place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

a friend of a friends friend might know somebody in a hospital who might take the disc for that friends friends opinion

wink wink wink wink better stop before I say it with an a

Advertisement