Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp duty bill on non-existent credit card

Options
  • 24-07-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hi. So I closed my BoI account (as have moved abroad) a long time ago. Two months ago I found out that BoI had sent a new credit card (in my name) to my old address and had been sending bills there too. I contacted you about it and paid the stamp duty for the last year, you immediately closed the card (as I was told) and you agreed that the account would be closed too.

Today I learned that even though you said you closed the account, a bill has landed at the address (back in Ireland, not mine) and it has a demand for government stamp duty! On a non-existent card. Can you please sort this out. I tried ringing to no avail. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties relating to a credit card.

Would you mind sending us a private message, we can get a little more information and we will certainly get it check out for you.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Thanks, message sent

Advertisement