Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tradesmen Payment option

• 24-07-2019 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi I like to put it out there and ask a question on how the small tradesmen (plumber,Tiler,Painter,ect)in the group take electronic payment when a customer what to pay by card or over the phone, some use Sumup over the years but they must be more out there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

shanye wrote: »
    Hi I like to put it out there and ask a question on how the small tradesmen (plumber,Tiler,Painter,ect)in the group take electronic payment when a customer what to pay by card or over the phone, some use Sumup over the years but they must be more out there.

IBAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Meningate

Hi, I'm a one man general contractor. I've never found a need for direct payment, anyone who wants to pay that way has always been happy to do a bank transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

I don't know any contractors that take card payments. The percentage fees the card companies charge would end up being very costly if dealing with large figures. Practically all contractors take electronic payments via bank transfer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Card payments up to €100 or there abouts. Most larger jobs pay via transfer. We try not take cheques any more, apart from getting the odd bounced one, they're just too time consuming to lodge and clear.

Nothing wrong with cash either.

Advertisement