Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking Maynooth Leixlip Lucan or Liffey Valley?

• 24-07-2019 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone know anywhere reliable I can park for free in any of the above areas? Somewhere I won't be clamped.

I ask because I work at Intel for a contractor but now all contractors are being forced to park offsite. Which would be fine but the only car parks they provided where dunboyne and enfield. Bohth North of Intel.

I am coming from south and to my assigned parking lot would double by commute not to mention having to then get the bus from dunboyne to intel.

Basically not only would i be spending twice as much i would also have to leave for work an hour earlier each day. Personally, I think it is absurd there are no car parks for people coming from the south. I live in the countryside so there are no busses near me to get.

That leaves me with practically no options. I would be willing to get the 66 but would need to find somehwere free to park as my job won't pay me the money im losing.

Any ideas lads? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

there is (or at least was) some free council parking beside supervalu in maynooth.. not 100% if its still free

also you could chance parking in amenities centre(might be best to become a member) or lidl up the road from intel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

daheff wrote: »
    there is (or at least was) some free council parking beside supervalu in maynooth.. not 100% if its still free

Cheers i'll investigate. WOuld take my chances in n estate but they actually have people monitoring to see if we are parking in estates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

daheff wrote:

It's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you are early you might find a spot up just beyond the Springfield hotel on your way towards the n4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

daheff wrote: »

also you could chance parking in amenities centre(might be best to become a member) or lidl up the road from intel

Four to five years since that started to be charged.

Maynooth is already full of train commuters looking for whatever estate parking is available. I would be amazed if the Amenities and Lidl don't clamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

During the school holidays the boys school in Maynooth (opposite manor Mills and church) is open for free parking. It's chaotic around there at the moment with road works but the car park is still open.

It's €30 a month to park at Leixlip Louisa Bridge train station so that might be an alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭TheBody

You can park for free in the college in Maynooth once it’s OUTSIDE term time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

Liffey valley sc or the old n4 past the deadmans inn. Then a maynooth bus 66 i think... going against traffic should be grand

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TheBody wrote: »
    You can park for free in the college in Maynooth once it’s OUTSIDE term time.

Is this confirmed? I think it's only free on Sundays
    com1 wrote: »
    Liffey valley sc or the old n4 past the deadmans inn. Then a maynooth bus 66 i think... going against traffic should be grand

LV is your best option. If you start parking in any of the town housing estates someone will spot you car and report it. I'd get onto Intel and ask why is this now so important?

Lack of space due to expansion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    If you are early you might find a spot up just beyond the Springfield hotel on your way towards the n4.
    This or the top of old hill has on street free parking at the Primary School would be the best best. You could almost walk it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Rathkenny wrote: »
    It's €30 a month to park at Leixlip Louisa Bridge train station so that might be an alternative.

^ This. €30 a month, and you're a 5 min walk to Intel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

L1011 wrote: »
    Lack of space due to expansion

New multi story carpark being built, so parking is reduced for the next couple of months

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would be amazed if the Amenities and Lidl don't clamp.
    Both have Intel car park staff watching for people looking for easy parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Tesco Maynooth car park is free and on route 66. Not sure if they have parking time limits.
    Louisa bridge seems like the best option, cheaper and quicker than the bus.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Liam28 wrote: »
    Tesco Maynooth car park is free and on route 66. Not sure if they have parking time limits.
    Louisa bridge seems like the best option, cheaper and quicker than the bus.
    Tesco do have time limits (see the Euro Car Parks sign here) but not sure how well they enforce them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

There is clamping in Tesco or at least I've seen it on the Range side of the car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

tnegun wrote:
    There is clamping in Tesco or at least I've seen it on the Range side of the car park

They area is definitely patrolled.

All large free carparks in Maynooth are time limited with clamping basically.

30 quid a month is likely less than the fuel and depreciation costs let alone time value of going to Dunboyne and it's also cheaper than parking in Maynooth and getting the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Problem with the train is they also have people patrolling apparently to make sure you get the train? Not sure how strict or true this is as i have never parked there.

• Advertisement

You've nowhere then. Anyone who's found a quiet free place they don't get harrassed for using is not going to tell anyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Problem with the train is they also have people patrolling apparently to make sure you get the train? Not sure how strict or true this is as i have never parked there.

Sorry what? They don't want people using public transport? How would they even enforce that - ask every passenger getting on where they work? I can understand them monitoring parking - they don't want to annoy local residents. But the train is a public service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

All large free carparks in Maynooth are time limited with clamping basically.

30 quid a month is likely less than the fuel and depreciation costs let alone time value of going to Dunboyne and it's also cheaper than parking in Maynooth and getting the bus

All Irish Rail car parks are €30/month. http://www.irishrail.ie/travel-information/station-car-parking

So you could choose any of them on the Maynooth line - Louisa Bridge being the obvious choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

been through many construction projects at the site and its same each time, the contractors who are the most important people get shafted with ridiculous locations to be bussed in from

They used to lease land just across the road from Tom Reids farm for the last build but not sure if that's on the cards now

I heard they are using the old HP building across the motorway as a park & ride for this project though? That would certainly work for you I guess, would be worthwhile checking it out

Glad I'm no longer having to go to that site anymore.....

Orion wrote: »
    All Irish Rail car parks are €30/month. http://www.irishrail.ie/travel-information/station-car-parking

So you could choose any of them on the Maynooth line - Louisa Bridge being the obvious choice.

It was the suggestion of Louisa for 30 I was replying to. Maynooth hasn't got spaces at the moment anyway so Louisa is the only realistic choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 James singer

can anyone tell me if you can still park near the Springfield Hotel I would be arriving by 6am .
    train station won't let you pay to park unless your using train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

can anyone tell me if you can still park near the Springfield Hotel I would be arriving by 6am .
    train station won't let you pay to park unless your using train

Yes - there’s also some on street parking outside the GAA club (not in the car park at pharmacy/Paddy Power) but on the road outside the car park

Advertisement