Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft for the Switch

• 24-07-2019 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

My son wants to get the Minecraft for his switch, anywhere else besides the nintendo store sell a code to download it online cheaper than nintendo store where it's €30?

Who is reputable etc? cdkeys don't have it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

€25 in Smyths (physical copy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭loopymum

jaxxx wrote: »
    €25 in Smyths (physical copy).

Thanks, he wants it asap though, he is paying anyway:) I would prefer if he saved the fiver though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you set up in South Africa, which is about 30s worth of work with a valid email address and EU based credit card it's about 17 euro.
    Assuming you live in South Africa. No cheating!

Banjo wrote: »
    If you set up in South Africa, which is about 30s worth of work with a valid email address and EU based credit card it's about 17 euro.
    Assuming you live in South Africa. No cheating!

Thanks Banjo, my son has a child account so turned on the VPN then logged into my account to change the region to SA and then changed my sons child account to South Africa, with the VPN set to Africa on the phone I set up a hotspot and connected the switch to it and went to the eshop where he had to login again and I bought the game but my Revolut card has been charged and will be reverted if not claimed in 15 days but the game isn't purchased when I looked at the games.

Not sure what to do now, buy it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's no need to use a VPN when accessing the South African store (or, I think, any of them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nedd

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's no need to use a VPN when accessing the South African store (or, I think, any of them)

Correct, just change your region on your account online, go to the store on the Switch and buy the game. It should just download then. I have done this tens of times and it works fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Personally, I find it easier to have an account per region I buy from, no messing around with changing region and possibly losing left-over credit. (Especially with regions where they don't just directly take the card)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

loopymum wrote: »

Thanks Banjo, my son has a child account so turned on the VPN then logged into my account to change the region to SA and then changed my sons child account to South Africa, with the VPN set to Africa on the phone I set up a hotspot and connected the switch to it and went to the eshop where he had to login again and I bought the game but my Revolut card has been charged and will be reverted if not claimed in 15 days but the game isn't purchased when I looked at the games.

Not sure what to do now, buy it again?

Let me start by saying that unlike the many Paypal accounts I've sent to their deaths by suggesting Alaska-based shennanigans, as a proud honorary saffer using the ZA shop is something I do regularly so for once I'm guilt-free here. It definitely works.

The VPN is unnecessary. South Africa falls under the EU shop system so they accept EU credit cards. (But I'm not going to advocate region-hopping, it's a curse on our land! Shop local and stay in school, kids!)

If you went to the eShop and purchased the game it should have started downloading immediately.
    If you used the Website to purchase it, it should push the download to the console next time it's near a network it can connect to.
    If you purchased it through the website using your son's account then it won't show as purchased when you access the shop through your own account.
    If there are parental controls stopping your son from visiting the shop from the Switch then it's possible that's a two way street and it stops the shop from pushing games to your Son's account.

So - what I'd do is go onto the switch, access the shop through your son's account, putting in whatever Parental PIN protection is in place or temporarily removing parental controls, see if you can download the game then. If it's still not showing as purchased, check your email and ensure that Nintendo sent you a receipt (there will be 2, subject lines will be : "Transaction Statement" and "Thank You For Your Purchase") - check the details there and ensure there's nothing weird going on with the accounts you're using.

Worst case scenario, tell him to go play with his legos for 15 days!

Thanks everyone, I got sorted

now I'm on the hunt for for cheap minecraft coins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm looking to pick up the digital version for my kid too. Is there any way to "gift" it to him? I'd rather he own it on his account so there's no issues. I bought games for Xbox through my account for him before and he got a bit moany recently because he now can't game share with them (or something along those lines). Ungrateful git :D

Edit: Should have googled before posting. Looks like what I'm trying to do isn't possible. Looks like I'll have to buy eShop vouchers or just buy it through the console.

Advertisement