Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal fees in small claims court

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I understand that. I admit i am stubborn. But the seller should be willing to listen or help consumers in cases of product faults.

You're dead right in what you are doing and fair play to ya, it'd be no harm if more consumers had the same attitude instead of paying heed to the big companies procedures which are really only makey uppy laws.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I understand that. I admit i am stubborn. But the seller should be willing to listen or help consumers in cases of product faults.

My business is shower repair and installation. If an shower fails after a few months I am entitled to an opportunity to repair or replace the shower. If it's a Triton shower then Triton are my agents. If it's Mira then mira are my agents. Refusing me or my agents the opportunity to rectify the issue can hampered any small claims court case you bring against me. It's perfectly acceptable for the retailer to allow the manicure rectify the problem under warranty. There is no law that states that the retailer has to fix the issue themselves. So long as the retailer acts then they are doing nothing wrong. They are entitled to use agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Wquirke1234

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    My business is shower repair and installation. If an shower fails after a few months I am entitled to an opportunity to repair or replace the shower. If it's a Triton shower then Triton are my agents. If it's Mira then mira are my agents. Refusing me or my agents the opportunity to rectify the issue can hampered any small claims court case you bring against me. It's perfectly acceptable for the retailer to allow the manicure rectify the problem under warranty. There is no law that states that the retailer has to fix the issue themselves. So long as the retailer acts then they are doing nothing wrong. They are entitled to use agents.

I wouldn't be expecting a retailer to diagnose and fix the problem. I would expect them to listen to me and assist me in engaging with the manufacturer. In my case they have refused to engage with me but instead told me take any problem up directly with the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I wouldn't be expecting a retailer to diagnose and fix the problem. I would expect them to listen to me and assist me in engaging with the manufacturer. In my case they have refused to engage with me but instead told me take any problem up directly with the manufacturer.

I hope I don't come across as arguing with you. That's not my intention and I don't know anything about your particular case or how you were treated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Wquirke1234

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I hope I don't come across as arguing with you. That's not my intention and I don't know anything about your particular case or how you were treated. :)

Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Lol... DID electrical i looked up randomly and they appeared fair about faulty items to be honest..... After the courts decides the outcome i will gladly let as many people as possible know who the UK seller is i have being with.

I would be grateful if you would also write to TD's and let them know how many of these large multinationals deal with consumer issues.
    It should be an offence to mislead consumers into chasing manufacturers and distributors.

Advertisement