Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family holiday coast of Spain

• 24-07-2019 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Hi I'd like some advice on locations in Spain for a quiet family holiday. I haven't been to spain in over 20 years. Last time was a lads holiday. This time around I have two kids 7 and 9 and the wife. Any reccomendations on location? We would like quiet but not too quiet. No lager louts or 3am dance music but a bit of life during the day and a decent pool in the complex and we are happy. Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Look at Nerja, best family orientated town I've seen and nothing like the areas west of Malaga. You could also try Solabrena, La Herradura slightly further along the coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

Alcudia in Majorca is very family oriented. Lots of APTS/ hotels with kids' clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Look at Nerja, best family orientated town I've seen and nothing like the areas west of Malaga. You could also try Solabrena, La Herradura slightly further along the coast.

Benalmadena is west of Malaga and apart from one square called 24 hour square its very family friendly. Look up Sunset beach Benalmadena, very popular family complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Mojacar in Spain would be a quietish family friendly resort, with plenty of day trips about if you had a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

Have look at the RH PRINCESA in benidorm. The hotel is great, was there earlier in the year. The location is quiet. The old town is v pretty. beaches are great. It has something for everybody. It is a real family hotel with a great kids club. The shopping is v good. transport links to other resorts. Had some preconcieved ideas about benidorm and didn't know what to expect, but we all loved it, didn't want to go home.

• Advertisement

Alcudia in Majorca is very family oriented. Lots of APTS/ hotels with kids' clubs.

That whole coast from Pollenca along to Playa Del Muro is very family friendly.

Majorca gets a bad rep because of Magaluf, but there is nowhere else on the island like that and even Maga isn’t as bad as it’s reputation.

Advertisement